Headlight Illumination Issues

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon rzr and SierraRover..

I purchased them through www.theretrofitsource.com...

They sell a complete kit for the 2014+ Sierra. It is the Morimoto Elite HID system. The offer 2 different kits: 35w and 55w.. I got the 55w kit.. the entire kit with tax cost me $180.46 and I had it within 3 days. It took me roughly 6 hours to install it as I tried to figure out the best configuration for a perfect and professional install.. I think it came out pretty good... There are other kits available from other suppliers but this one had very good reviews from the start and since has had maintained as such... I have had them in now for (4) months and they work flawlessly... I also replaced my fog lights with LED..

Not bad for $180! Agh.... I want

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

Is there a difference between the 2014 projector light and the 2015? Or even the latest part numbers for the factory projector lights? I'm planning on replacing my reflector style lights with factory projectors purchased new from GM parts direct. I just want to know if updates have been done. I'm also planning on purchasing the retrofit source HID kit for them.

Is there a difference between the 2014 projector light and the 2015? Or even the latest part numbers for the factory projector lights? I'm planning on replacing my reflector style lights with factory projectors purchased new from GM parts direct. I just want to know if updates have been done. I'm also planning on purchasing the retrofit source HID kit for them.

There is no difference between the OEM 2014 & 2015 Projector headlights. They are the same part numbers.

23380555 Headlamp assymbly Right - Chrome

23380554 Headlamp assymbly Left - Chrome

Edited by Alexantics

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering the purchase of a 2014 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab from a Chevy dealership. If I ask about the possible poor performing headlights, what will they do? I've seen there must be a TSB out that replaces the bulbs and increases the voltage to the lights. Does this fix the low-light issue?

In my case....No

I am considering the purchase of a 2014 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab from a Chevy dealership. If I ask about the possible poor performing headlights, what will they do? I've seen there must be a TSB out that replaces the bulbs and increases the voltage to the lights. Does this fix the low-light issue?

If you're serious about buying that specific truck, ask to take the truck for at least overnight or for a few days to drive it at night to see first-hand how the lighting is.

Try out a '16 Sierra at night and see the light!

Knowing what I know now, I would much rather have a 2016 model that actually had headlights that worked.

• Like 1

Afternoon rzr and SierraRover..

I purchased them through www.theretrofitsource.com...

They sell a complete kit for the 2014+ Sierra. It is the Morimoto Elite HID system. The offer 2 different kits: 35w and 55w.. I got the 55w kit.. the entire kit with tax cost me $180.46 and I had it within 3 days. It took me roughly 6 hours to install it as I tried to figure out the best configuration for a perfect and professional install.. I think it came out pretty good... There are other kits available from other suppliers but this one had very good reviews from the start and since has had maintained as such... I have had them in now for (4) months and they work flawlessly... I also replaced my fog lights with LED..

So it looks like the 35w lasts longer, but isn't as bright as the 55w. I wouldn't care if I even had to replace the bulbs once a year, if it is as bright as your photo, it's worth it to me.

I see they have 4500k, 5500k, and 6500k. Looks like you went with the 4500k?

For this price, I can't believe everyone isn't doing this! I am so sick of the stock bulbs.. I can't see shit when the roads are wet.

Seriously,,, HUGE thanks for sharing this.

Edited by Haus_Z71

Is the entire harness easy to mount and run inside the engine compartment? I see at least on one side, the original wiring harness plugs into this new one.....does it do that on each side?

Not sure if you've seen this detailed video on it yet.

Edited by Haus_Z71
  • Like 1