GM Moving Some Silverado Production From Mexico To Flint, MI

Gorehamj

Thank god for Silverado(the truck) and the American consumer.

Toyota was killing it these last years being made in America. Chevy/Gm finally recognizes.

Now Silverado might have a chance staying on top in the US truck market.

GM has been on top for quite a long time when you combine GMC + Chevy. GM is just being polite though.

I thought they were making some trucks in Flint, or is it just a particular model that they are moving to Flint?

Other than parts warehouses, There is one plant left in Flint, on the corner of I-75 & I-69 GM has 2.5 miles of parking lot they can use off I-475 to build a new plant, or even if they wanted to put another plant by Kettering University (used to be called "Down in the hole")... Of course I think that those properties are now owned by the City of Flint.

I believe they'll only be doing crew cab 1500s for now. That's where the demand is and Mexico is not able to keep up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought my new 16 silverado 2 weeks ago, made sure it wasn't made in Mexico. Proudly made in Ft. Wayne, U.S.A. :ughdance:

After our plant was closed in '09, most folks that I knew made sure they were buying 1500 extended cabs built in the US rather than the Mexican built crew cabs.

I bought my new 16 silverado 2 weeks ago, made sure it wasn't made in Mexico. Proudly made in Ft. Wayne, U.S.A. :ughdance:

1500 regular and extended (double) cabs are made in IN.

Archived