My company already makes these bumper covers with a paint film that you apply to your bumpers to cover chrome and damage, so these are just those that we sprayed with a bed liner. The covers themselves already protect your bumper from light damage, so the bed-liner would just allow them to handle a little more of a beating. Are these the most hideous things you've ever seen, or are they alright? My thought is that you could just put these on instead of having to ruin your whole bumper to get this look. Just fishing to see if anyone even likes these before we start moving forward with them. Thanks for your help!

post-156962-0-37385600-1488907820_thumb.jpg

post-156962-0-69831500-1488907905_thumb.jpg

I have been looking into these. I'm not sure on the whole paint match as I'm afraid they will differ.

These are interesting as they would closely match my Go Rhino RB10 running boards.

How would the price change it you were to create these? Everything nowadays is budget this and budget that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking into these. I'm not sure on the whole paint match as I'm afraid they will differ.

These are interesting as they would closely match my Go Rhino RB10 running boards.

How would the price change it you were to create these? Everything nowadays is budget this and budget that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, to make sure its an exact color match you're going to want to get the paintable ABS version and paint them yourself. It's pretty easy to do. As far as the price on these, we're not exactly sure yet. I would say that it would probably be similar to those BumperShellz that you're looking at with the pre-laminated paint film. We essentially take the paintable ABS versions, which are cheaper, and spray them. Like I said, this is just an idea we're kicking around right now. Just trying to see what the interest level is. After we start moving forward with these, then I can get it priced out for the labor and materials to have them sprayed. But I would expect it to be around the prices that you're already looking at.

I kinda like it. Would like to see a full front shot.

So the reason why I didn't add this picture originally is that we took off the trim on the side mirror right before the picture. We were making a mold of it so we can start doing mirror covers, and I forgot about it until I was already out in the boonies. I was trying to hide that eyesore, but here ya go haha.

post-156962-0-64511900-1488918281_thumb.jpg

I like the look of "bed-lined" bumpers especially when they have the brawn to back them up! I would not see enough added protection to warrant the cost to cover a stock bumper. However, I think the idea is great and I wouldn't be surprised if you find a solid demand for this product!

I dig them. How do they attach?

The ones here use the screws and clips already used to attach the lower valance panel. We also use 3M acrylic foam tape on the back side of the cover. That works great for the regular covers. We might have to add more tape for these just because of the added weight. We'll have to figure that out during testing.

I like the look of "bed-lined" bumpers especially when they have the brawn to back them up! I would not see enough added protection to warrant the cost to cover a stock bumper. However, I think the idea is great and I wouldn't be surprised if you find a solid demand for this product!

Yeah, good point. They do provide decent protection, but nothing like one of those dedicated rock bashing front bumpers haha.

I could see a big market for people with chrome bumpers and rust . Put these on over your bumper and get a clean look again. Most importantly for quite a lot less money and time .

Yeah, that is what the majority of our customers right now are looking for. Something that can get rid of the chrome or cover damage that they aren't going to have to blow a lot of money on, and they can do themselves without having to pay a shop. Do you like the look of the bed liner, or do you personally like the painted-to-match look on the bumper? There are some more pictures of our pre-laminated paint film bumper covers at www.ecoological.com if you wanted to see what those looked like.

Archived