Z71 ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the springs the same in a non Z71 as in a Z71?

I'm getting ready to trade and I need to know what else you get with a Z71 besides shocks, skid plate and decals.

Thanks

Yeah, pretty much appearance items only, that is if you don't count the LED fog lights, recovery hooks, Eaton G80 locker, skid plates, trailer towing package, greater road clearance on the front bumper apron, off road suspension (different shocks, rear springs and control arms), dash switch for additional hill decent control, larger wheels and all terrain tires and on the LTZ additionally a spray on bedliner and larger air filter.

And the decals, badges and interior trim ain't so bad......gives the truck a more sporty "I'm out cruising with the family truck" look rather than "I'm out to pickup a pile lumber, rocks or manure".

Don't take my word on the option pack, take Chevys:

LT Z71 includes all LT features, with the addition or substitution of:

• 18-inch bright-machined aluminum wheels and all-terrain tires
  • Body-color headlamp bezels
  • Body-color grille surround
  • Chrome lower bumper appearance
  • Black recovery hooks
  • LED foglamps
  • Z71 Appearance Package (brushed metal Z71 door plate, unique gauge cluster and unique finish interior trim plates)
  • Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Trailering Package
  • Underbody transfer case shield
  • Z71 Off-Road Suspension with Rancho® monotube shocks

LTZ Z71 includes all LTZ features, with the addition or substitution of:

• Z71 Appearance Package (brushed metal Z71 door plate, unique gauge cluster, unique finish interior trim plates, unique lower front bumper and unique chrome grille design)
  • Z71 Off-Road Suspension with Rancho® monotube shocks
  • Spray-On Bedliner
  • High-capacity Air Cleaner
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential
  • Underbody shield for transfer case protection

t

Front skid plate is plastic; tore a hole in on on my first off road trail... I was a little disappointed in that, if it makes a difference.

I was shocked when I saw it was plastic on my 15 z71. Coming from my 06 z71 it had metal front skid plate.

Front skid plate is plastic; tore a hole in on on my first off road trail... I was a little disappointed in that, if it makes a difference.

I just replaced my single plastic shield, with a pair of heavy aluminum OEM skid plates. They are GM 23135959 and 23135960. They list for $105 each or $82 wholesale. You will also need 2 11518341 mounting bolts to complete the install.

s-l1600.jpg

I just replaced my single plastic shield, with a pair of heavy aluminum OEM skid plates. They are GM 23135959 and 23135960. They list for $105 each or $82 wholesale. You will also need 2 11518341 mounting bolts to complete the install.

s-l1600.jpg

Been looking for this! Thanks

I just replaced my single plastic shield, with a pair of heavy aluminum OEM skid plates. They are GM 23135959 and 23135960. They list for $105 each or $82 wholesale. You will also need 2 11518341 mounting bolts to complete the install.s-l1600.jpg

Could you post some pictures, would like to see how it looks on your truck. Any type of finish, or just bare aluminum?

Its just a thicker (more pleats) air filter, everything else is the same. Look in the back of the owners manual where they list replacement parts and it will tell you the HD filter can be used in place of the standard filter.

k47_zpssqxzx5v5.png

Could you post some pictures, would like to see how it looks on your truck. Any type of finish, or just bare aluminum?

They are bare aluminum. Here is a pic from this site. The owner had these Rhino lined. They fit like a glove.

09aad21b04c075bf6305a83cb8afc641.jpg

Archived