2019 Silverado

What do yall think? 

I think Chevy took a step backwards. I do not like this one bit. The grill looks awful. The back end looks like crap too. I feel like they tried to combine a F150 and Tundra into a Silverado. 

Edit: At first i also saw a bit of the Colorado in it. 

2019.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

I like that the 4wd's no longer appear to sit on the ground from the factory anymore.  I do NOT like how it looks like an F150 now, and i wish they had kept the square wheel wells- to me that was an iconic GM truck styling feature.

On 09/01/2018 at 11:48 AM, lawn boy said:

I like that the 4wd's no longer appear to sit on the ground from the factory anymore.  I do NOT like how it looks like an F150 now, and i wish they had kept the square wheel wells- to me that was an iconic GM truck styling feature.

A lot of folks have been saying that, but I'm still trying to figure out why. I haven't found any parts on this truck that resemble a Ford. Perhaps you could show us?

On 1/9/2018 at 10:48 AM, lawn boy said:

That is just the trail boss, I bet the standard and Z71's are two inches lower...

Also not seeing much F150 in it at all unless the fact that it has a cab and truck bed. Really hard to get unique with a truck design.

Tyler

I think it looks great. I am not seeing where the Ford similarities are coming from? From the round wheel wells? People have been bitching at GM since 73 to put round wheel wells on their trucks. 

From the headlights? OK? The Tahoe and Suburban had them in 14 with its redesign, so um, no. 

I'm sure we will be impressed with the offering from GM come this Saturday when a full disclosure is made. 

On 1/10/2018 at 5:19 PM, dmax_ty said:

I think it looks great. I am not seeing where the Ford similarities are coming from? From the round wheel wells? People have been bitching at GM since 73 to put round wheel wells on their trucks. 

From the headlights? OK? The Tahoe and Suburban had them in 14 with its redesign, so um, no. 

I'm sure we will be impressed with the offering from GM come this Saturday when a full disclosure is made. 

I think it looks killer too! Your correct about the square wheel wells....the ones bitching obviously only go after GM as there are MANY,MANY,MANY vehicles and trucks other than GM'S with square wheel wells and nobody says a thing!

Kia made the Sol...........If GM made the SOL you would never hear the end of it!  Yet, nobody has one bad thing to say about the Sol......Funny how ignorant people are? 

I think it looks killer too! Your correct about the square wheel wells....the ones bitching obviously only go after GM as there are MANY,MANY,MANY vehicles and trucks other than GM'S with square wheel wells and nobody says a thing!

Kia made the Sol...........If GM made the SOL you would never hear the end of it!  Yet, nobody has one bad thing to say about the Sol......Funny how ignorant people are? 
I talk shit on my coworkers Sol all the time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reading about the Detroit unveiling & the box is remaining steel w/ an alum' tailgate. 

I remember when we were told not to lean on the GMT900 tailgates in the plant as they were easily dented :rolleyes:

The aluminum hoods seem petty solid. The GMT-900's seemed to have sheetmetal that was just a little too thing for the grade of steel they used. The K2xx truck seemed to improve that a bit. My bed has definitely taken some pretty hard hits. The new T1 bed uses 500 MPa high strength steel instead of the 340 MPa steel on the K2 trucks. I'm just glad GM didn't go down the path Ford went with the 2015+ F-150. Not a fan of the way their bed is constructed (rivets, glue, all aluminum).

The front suspension looks like a got a huge upgrade. Comparing the K2/GMT900 frame to the T1xx frame, the front strut towers are totally different. They're also using a taller knuckle for a tighter turn radius. I'm glad they aren't using a sheetmetal/plastic upper control arm like Ram is for 2019. Hopefully

Archived