Dead heated seats

So anyone else with a 2014 and up truck have dead heated seats? Less than 60k on the truck and they are broken. Dealer quoted me 1300.00 to fix them with oem pats. No new part numbers or updated parts. I know several people who's seat heaters don't work. The dealer said they replace them all the time, and gm has no known fix to solve the problem. 

I'm not paying 1300.00 to replace my junk seat heaters with more junk seat heaters. 

1 hour ago, Geoffwhite18 said:

So anyone else with a 2014 and up truck have dead heated seats? Less than 60k on the truck and they are broken. Dealer quoted me 1300.00 to fix them with oem pats. No new part numbers or updated parts. I know several people who's seat heaters don't work. The dealer said they replace them all the time, and gm has no known fix to solve the problem. 

I'm not paying 1300.00 to replace my junk seat heaters with more junk seat heaters. 

Not a good sign.

I’ve got a 2014 Sierra Denali with 27k miles that was in the shop this week for both heated seats not working. They ordered the parts & I’m going back in next week to get them fixed.
The backs heat fine but the bottoms don’t. I was told the element is bad on one seat & the blower is bad on the other.

Thankfully I purchased an extended warranty that’s covering it 100%.

Never had a 14, but had a 16 that they worked considerably better/quicker than the 15, and the current 18 heats much faster/hotter than the 16.

I'm wondering if it's possible to put the system from one of the later years into the 14 and have an overall better system.

Picked my truck up today from getting both heated seats repaired. Driver’s side was a bad element & blower. Passenger side just had a bad element. The tech said he was able to make the repairs without removing the seats. Price came to $810 but was covered by extended warranty.

Unfortunately, the heaters still suck. I can feel the heat but it takes a long time and they don’t get very hot. Far cry from my old 06 Silverado. Those worked great.

Mine went out in both seats in my '14 around 70k and 40 months.  I'm not a big guy, 185 Lbs.  Not like I'm tearing the seats up.  I'm not fixing them.  There is a company  out there that sells aftermarket seat elements/pads.  Not sure if they are covering the '14+ trucks yet.  They have a you tube video out there and they're using a 2008 tahoe IIRC. 

Picked my truck up today from getting both heated seats repaired. Driver’s side was a bad element & blower. Passenger side just had a bad element. The tech said he was able to make the repairs without removing the seats. Price came to $810 but was covered by extended warranty.

Unfortunately, the heaters still suck. I can feel the heat but it takes a long time and they don’t get very hot. Far cry from my old 06 Silverado. Those worked great.

Any idea what he did without removing the covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea what he did without removing the covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He removed the covers but not the seats. He was able to raise the seat high enough to reach underneath & detach all the clips from the covers & peel the covers back far enough to remove the elements.
He was also to remove the fan assembly from under the seat but I guess there was some wiring harness for the drivers alert seat vibrators that had to be disconnected first.

• 4 months later...

Just had both heater elements, seat bottoms only replaced on my 2014 Sierra SLT. They just both quit working within a months time.  Truck is out of warranty but GMC paid 40% of my bill at the dealer after I contacted them complaining. Walked out the door for about $435.00. Hope these ones last longer. Obviously there is a problem with the heaters or GMC wouldn't have helped me out. They also replaced drivers door lock actuator which just quit working all of a sudden. Included in the $435.00. Have seen many complaints about those failing prematurely also.

Edited by Ed S
Forgot to add the actuator.