So the other day I tried to get to a parking spot and had to go over a snow pile to get to a parking spot and thought I had the ground clearance but the stupid plastic skirt under the front bumper got caught and got pulled off. So now I'm thinking do I replace it, leave it as is, or do an upgrade. I'm not thinking about a full bumper replacement but something like a skid plate or maybe a winch mount? Let me know if you have any ideas and pictures and prices would be great if you have done one yourself. First two pictures are of my truck, next are some ideas I'm thinking of53807328785__E90824A4-0015-4C97-8815-19C7131E4CF1.thumb.jpeg.3017bde3431ca1aa5b7989bc55782f6e.jpeg

2 hours ago, esloser said:

That should be covered under warranty. emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not covered under warranty because it wasn't a defect from them. I wish it was. I'm hitting the 36k tomorrow to so that sucks

2 hours ago, HoosierZ said:

Holy crap! Just how fast were you going into that parking space? Lol

I built this skid plate for mine. 

C91D34E0-D0DF-4FA3-B2EC-E4156B4C6AFE.jpeg

B3AE29F9-521D-4059-8615-EFF88FAFEDA1.jpeg

Lol I was just going a couple miles an hour in 4wd trying to get around it but slid a little and took the wrong angle over it and it happened. Made it to class on time though! lol I like that look. How much time and cost?

It's not covered under warranty because it wasn't a defect from them. I wish it was. I'm hitting the 36k tomorrow to so that sucks

I know - was just messing around. I have a ‘15 and love mine, but that front air damn does get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Todd2016LT said:

I like how this one looks but I hate that I lose the tow hooks because the one time I need them is after I lose them

Unfortunately, I think the same way.  The reality is, I've been driving pickups for over 40 years and still waiting for the one time I'll need front tow hooks.  At least mine are chrome and add bling to the appearance! ;-)

On 1/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, Todd2016LT said:

LcHnLK8.jpg

I like how this one looks but I hate that I lose the tow hooks because the one time I need them is after I lose them

SDHQ Racing makes one with cut outs for the tow hooks.  

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2016silverado1500skidplatesystem.aspx

2016SILVERADOSKIDPLATEPRERUNNER.jpg

I'd have one if we didn't need front plates in VA! 

On 1/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, Todd2016LT said:

LcHnLK8.jpg

This looks clean!  

Archived