So the other day I tried to get to a parking spot and had to go over a snow pile to get to a parking spot and thought I had the ground clearance but the stupid plastic skirt under the front bumper got caught and got pulled off. So now I'm thinking do I replace it, leave it as is, or do an upgrade. I'm not thinking about a full bumper replacement but something like a skid plate or maybe a winch mount? Let me know if you have any ideas and pictures and prices would be great if you have done one yourself. First two pictures are of my truck, next are some ideas I'm thinking of53807328785__E90824A4-0015-4C97-8815-19C7131E4CF1.thumb.jpeg.3017bde3431ca1aa5b7989bc55782f6e.jpeg

That should be covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap! Just how fast were you going into that parking space? Lol

I built this skid plate for mine. 

C91D34E0-D0DF-4FA3-B2EC-E4156B4C6AFE.jpeg

B3AE29F9-521D-4059-8615-EFF88FAFEDA1.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, esloser said:

That should be covered under warranty. emoji16.png

It's not covered under warranty because it wasn't a defect from them. I wish it was. I'm hitting the 36k tomorrow to so that sucks

2 hours ago, HoosierZ said:

Lol I was just going a couple miles an hour in 4wd trying to get around it but slid a little and took the wrong angle over it and it happened. Made it to class on time though! lol I like that look. How much time and cost?

LcHnLK8.jpg

I like how this one looks but I hate that I lose the tow hooks because the one time I need them is after I lose them

It's not covered under warranty because it wasn't a defect from them. I wish it was. I'm hitting the 36k tomorrow to so that sucks

I know - was just messing around. I have a ‘15 and love mine, but that front air damn does get in the way.

11 hours ago, Todd2016LT said:

I like how this one looks but I hate that I lose the tow hooks because the one time I need them is after I lose them

Unfortunately, I think the same way.  The reality is, I've been driving pickups for over 40 years and still waiting for the one time I'll need front tow hooks.  At least mine are chrome and add bling to the appearance! ;-)

On 1/20/2018 at 7:04 PM, HoosierZ said:

I second that, truck looks awesome. 

C91D34E0-D0DF-4FA3-B2EC-E4156B4C6AFE.thumb.jpeg.e44b632ece2304224c7e0ba0fcd31d8c.jpeg
B3AE29F9-521D-4059-8615-EFF88FAFEDA1.thumb.jpeg.ef4fdeb0e08182fb9adacab7d117eec2.jpeg

Nice work on the skid plate.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, Todd2016LT said:

LcHnLK8.jpg

SDHQ Racing makes one with cut outs for the tow hooks.  

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2016silverado1500skidplatesystem.aspx

2016SILVERADOSKIDPLATEPRERUNNER.jpg

I'd have one if we didn't need front plates in VA! 

Edited by aaronarf

On 1/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, Todd2016LT said:

LcHnLK8.jpg

This looks clean!  

^^  Almost too clean.   I would want to protect it from scratches which almost defeats its purpose!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      5/18/2018

We just found out about Chevy's all new 2.7L Turbo-Four engine that will be standard on LT and RST trim levels this morning. Now, we're finding out exactly how we'll be able to pair all of the new Silverado's trim levels and engine choices. 

Remember, the Silverado has been slated to get an all new 3.0L Diesel engine... but we've heard nothing about which trim levels we'd be able to order it in until today. The answer will make a lot of people happy. The 3.0L Duramax can be ordered on most trim levels, including LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ, and High Country. Anyone upset about the lack of the 6.2L in the Trail Boss should jump for joy that they can have a diesel instead!  EDIT: I was wrong. LT Trail Boss does not get the 3.0L and ONLY has the 5.3L listed. How disappointing. 

We've also learned that GM will carry over last year's 4.3L and 5.3L engines for WT Custom Trims. You can actually buy a Custom Trail Boss with 2018's 5.3L and a six-speed transmission. How odd. 

How does everything else line up? GM's press release says it most succinctly, so I've copied that info below:

A Silverado — and an engine — for every need
      Each engine/transmission combination is matched with exterior design and interior features to create distinct personalities for each Silverado trim, based on three broad customer profiles: High Value, High Volume and High Feature.

High Value — For customers seeking full-size truck capability and the highest level of affordability, the Work Truck (WT), Custom and Custom Trail Boss trims offer two proven engine and transmission combinations:
      Standard: 4.3L V-6 with Active Fuel Management and a six-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 285 hp/305 lb-ft).
      Available: 5.3L V-8 with Active Fuel Management and a six-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).

High Volume — For customers shopping in the heart of the truck market, the LT, RST and LT Trail Boss trims balance technology, efficiency and performance:
      Standard for LT and RST: All-new 2.7L Turbo with Active Fuel Management and stop/start technology paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 310 hp/348 lb-ft).
      Standard on LT Trail Boss and available on LT and RST: An updated 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).
      Available on LT and RST: The all-new Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel with stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission will be available in early 2019.

High Feature — For customers shopping for a premium truck, the LTZ and High Country trims offer the highest levels of performance and technology, including:
      Standard: Updated 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology  paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).
      Available: Updated 6.2L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission (SAE certified at 420 hp/460 lb-ft).
      Available: The all-new Duramax 3.0L inline-six Turbo-Diesel with stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission will be available in early 2019.

2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO PROPULSION LINEUP

4.3L V-6
      w/AFM (6-spd.) 2.7L I-4 Turbo w/AFM (8-spd.)  
      5.3L V-8 w/AFM (6-spd.)
      5.3L V-8 w/DFM (8-spd.)
      3.0L I-6 Turbo-Diesel  (10-spd.)
      6.2L V-8 w/DFM (10-spd.)
      Work Truck (WT)
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      --
      --
      --
      Custom
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      --
      --
      --
      Custom Trail Boss
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      --
      --
      --
      LT
      --
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      Avail.
      --
      RST
      --
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      Avail.
      --
      LT Trail Boss
      --
      --
      --
      Std.
      --
      --
      LTZ
      --
      --
      --
      Std.
      Avail.
      Avail.
      High Country
      --
      --
      --
      Std.
      Avail.
      Avail.
    • By hunter1979
      Hi,
      I've got a 2007 Silverado 1500, crew cab, LTZ, with AFM and 207,xxx miles on it.  I was having an issue with my motor (I was hoping it was just a coil or plugs), and after the repair shop looked it over, they discovered all the spark plugs on one side of the engine were shot.  Hoping it would still be an easy fix, they looked into it further to discover that there is no compression and it looks like my motor needs to be rebuilt or replaced (a somewhat common occurrence for this particular motor so it seems).  My quote for replacing the engine with a Jasper engine is $6,500.  It will come with a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty.  I've heard they're pretty solid engines.
      I "was" planning on turning it in around September/October and purchasing a new 2019.  I figured around my area (lower Michigan) that I could get around $9,000.  It has a new front bumper and fender flares color matched to the truck (to deal with rust issues), so besides the rust I stopped from spreading under the fender flares, the truck has no rust or other damage.  Very clean inside, only issue is the crack in the dash (another common issue, I hear).  It's not in immaculate condition, but I've taken excellent care of it the entire time I've owned it.

Soo, I'm open to anyone's opinion.  Is it worth putting a new motor in, or just try to sell it "as-is."  I'm assuming I could get $3,000 for how it sits, but I could be WAY off on that.

My thoughts:
      1.  Put a new motor in, drive for a year, still get $7-8K out of it?  I don't know if the new motor would help with resale, or hurt?  By that time, there should be incentives and deals on 2019, and I'm sure I can get one at least $7K lower than a a new one now.
      2.  Sell the truck, take the $3K (if I can even get that) and find a deal on a 2018...or similar

$6,500 seems like a lot to me to put into an 11 year old vehicle.  But I just don't know.  I hadn't thought about any of this 3 days ago, but such is reality.  Figured I'd try to read through whatever help you guys could give and weigh all my options.

Appreciate any insight!
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      5/18/2018

As it turns out, the leaked figures for the 2019 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines wasn't far off. That's the good news. The bad news is the SAE certified horsepower and torque will match 2018's numbers exactly. 

But that doesn't mean the 2018 and 2019 engines are the same. Instead of the 2018's Active Fuel Management, which allows the engine to switch between four and eight cylinders, the 2019 V8's have Dynamic Fuel Management. DFM can adjust the firing cylinders in up to 17 different ways. Theoretically, that should mean improved fuel economy at the same power output. Chevrolet hasn't released any fuel economy numbers yet, so that is just a theory. 

But if you really like the 2018 5.3L V8 and want to buy it again with the 2019 Silverado, fear not. You can option it with a six-speed transmission for WT, LT, and LT Trail Boss trims. 

--------------------
      2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 5.3L WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT SPECIFICATIONS
      Type:
      5.3L V-8 VVT DI with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Bore & Stroke (in / mm):
      3.78 x 3.62 / 96 x 92
      Block Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Cylinder Head Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Compression Ratio:
      11.0:1
      Firing Order:
      1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3
      Valvetrain:
      Overhead valve, two valves per cylinder, variable valve timing
      Fuel Delivery:
      Direct high-pressure fuel injection with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Ignition System:
      High-energy coil-on-plug
      Horsepower
      (hp / kW @ rpm):
      355 / 265 @ 5600 rpm (SAE certified)
      Torque                          (lb.-ft. / Nm @ rpm):
      383 / 519 @ 4100 rpm (SAE certified)
      Manufacturing Location
      Tonawanda Engine Plant, Buffalo, N.Y.

2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 6.2L WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT SPECIFICATIONS
      Type:
      6.2L V-8 VVT DI with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Bore & Stroke (in / mm):
      4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92
      Block Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Cylinder Head Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Compression Ratio:
      11.5:1
      Firing Order:
      1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3
      Valvetrain:
      Overhead valve, two valves per cylinder, variable valve timing
      Fuel Delivery:
      Direct high-pressure fuel injection with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Ignition System:
      High-energy coil-on-plug
      Horsepower
      (hp / kW @ rpm):
      420 / 313 @ 5600 rpm (SAE certified)
      Torque                          (lb.-ft. / Nm @ rpm):
      460 / 621 @ 4100 rpm (SAE certified)
      Manufacturing Location
      Tonawanda, N.Y.
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      5/18/2018

Unless you're getting a WT, Chevrolet is switching up the base engine for the all new 2019 Silverado. A new 2.7-Liter Turbocharged Four Cylinder was announced today as the replacement for the 4.3L V6 on all but work truck trim levels. 

Standard on LT and RST trim levels, the new 2.7L will produce 310-horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque. Not too shabby for a four-banger and on par with the rating for the old 5.3L V8 from only 5 years ago. Chevrolet says the new turbo-four is specifically developed for a truck application and delivers peak torque in a usable 1500-4000 rpm range.

The 2.7L will be GM's first use of active fuel management on a four cylinder engine. Note, that's not the same dynamic  fuel management tech that will be found on the two V8s. It will also feature stop/start, an electric water pump, active thermal management, and an integrated exhaust manifold. 

To produce truck-usable torque, GM gave the new 2.7L a long 4.01 inch stroke and an offset crankshaft. 

Here's the full press release with all the fancy marketing jargon.  
      ---------------------------------------------
      ALL-NEW 2.7L TURBO ENHANCES VERSATILITY OF THE 2019 SILVERADO
      Technological powerhouse delivers performance and efficiency

DETROIT — The all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 will be offered with an all-new, technologically advanced 2.7L Turbo that expands the range of available engines and builds upon additional choices to help customers find the Silverado that perfectly suits their needs.

Standard on LT and RST trims, the new engine delivers an SAE-certified 310 horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque, for 22 percent more torque than the 4.3L V-6 it replaces. Developed specifically for truck applications, the new 2.7L Turbo inline four-cylinder engine delivers peak torque from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm.

The next-gen Silverado with the 2.7L Turbo delivers 0-60 mph performance in less than seven seconds and weighs 380 pounds less than the current Silverado with the 4.3L V-6. Compared with competitive full-size trucks, the Silverado 2.7L Turbo is expected to deliver comparable payload capability with greater torque than the 3.3L V-6 in the Ford F-150 XLT and the 3.6L V-6 in the Ram 1500 Big Horn.

“The new 2.7L Turbo is a technological marvel, with our most advanced valvetrain,” said Tom Sutter, chief engineer for the 2.7L Turbo. “With a broad, flat torque curve and quick throttle response, it punches above its weight, delivering surprising performance and efficiency.”

The cornerstone of the 2.7L Turbo is an innovative double overhead cam valvetrain that enables:
      Chevrolet’s first use of Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) on a four-cylinder engine. High- and low-lift valve profiles. Continuously variable valve timing.  
      Additional engine technologies supporting the engine’s performance and efficiency include:
      Dual-volute turbocharger housing for improved throttle response and low-speed torque. Chevrolet’s first application of Active Thermal Management, which uses targeted engine heating and cooling to improve engine performance in hot and cold ambient temperatures. An integrated exhaust manifold that is part of the cylinder head assembly and recovers exhaust heat for faster engine and transmission warmup, with quicker turbo response. Stop/start technology that automatically stops the engine in stop-and-go traffic for fuel efficiency. An electric water pump that eliminates the drag of a conventional, engine-driven pump to enhance efficiency. It also enables continual cabin heating even when the engine is disabled by the stop/start feature.  
      Designed as a truck engine
      The new 2.7L Turbo engine represents a clean-sheet design for Chevrolet and was developed from the outset as a truck engine.

To help generate the strong low-end torque customers expect in a truck, it was designed with a long piston stroke of 4.01 inches (102mm), which is the distance the piston travels up and down within the cylinder.
      The long stroke enables improved combustion and thus a higher compression ratio. Typically, a long stroke can increase the load of the pistons against the cylinder walls, generating more friction. That’s alleviated in the 2.7L Turbo with an offset crankshaft. It is slightly off-center of the cylinders, allowing a more upright position for the connecting rods during their movement.

To support the high cylinder pressures that come with turbocharging, the crankshaft and connecting rods are made of forged steel and the pistons are made of a tough aluminum alloy with a cast iron ring groove insert.
      All elements of the 2.7L Turbo were designed for the demands of turbocharged performance in a truck environment, and the engine was subjected to the same rigorous durability standards as the Silverado’s proven V-8 engines.
      The 2.7L Turbo features an aluminum block and cylinder head for reduced mass.

Unique valvetrain offers more precise control
      The 2.7L Turbo’s valvetrain is GM’s first to incorporate variable lift, duration and Active Fuel Management to optimize performance and efficiency across the rpm band. It is a key reason the engine’s peak torque is available at only 1,500 rpm.

The system’s electro-mechanical variable camshaft effectively allows the engine to operate with three different camshaft profiles, complementing the variable valve timing system to deliver optimized operating modes for different engine speeds and loads:  
      1.    High valve lift for full power.
      2.    Low valve lift for balance of power and efficiency.
      3.    Active Fuel Management shuts down two of the cylinders in light load conditions to further conserve fuel.

“It’s like having different engines for low- and high-rpm performance,” said Sutter. “The camshaft profile and valve timing is completely different at low and high speeds, for excellent performance across the board.”
      The camshaft design alters the lift of the intake and exhaust valves. As the engine load changes, electromagnetic actuators allow a movable shaft containing different cam lobes to shift imperceptibly between high-lift and low-lift profiles.

Lift is the distance the valve travels from its seat when opened, and duration is the amount of time the valve remains open. Higher lift and longer duration allow more air to flow into the combustion chamber, so the system’s high-lift lobe profile enhances performance at higher rpm, while the low-lift profile optimizes efficiency at low- and mid-range speeds.

Dual-volute turbocharger builds torque
      The 2.7L Turbo engine employs an advanced dual-volute turbocharger that elevates the performance and efficiency advantages of a conventional turbo, with quicker response and enhanced low-rpm torque production.
      Rather than a single spiral chamber (volute) feeding exhaust gas from the exhaust manifold to drive the turbine on the turbocharger, the dual volute design has a pair of separate chambers with two exhaust gas inlets and two nozzles to drive the turbine. The design allows the exhaust pulses of the engine to be leveraged for faster spool-up and subsequent boost production, particularly at low rpm, where the effect significantly enhances torque output and drivability.

It works in unison with the engine’s integrated exhaust manifold/turbocharger housing, which splits the exhaust channels from the cylinder head so the exhaust flows through two separate channels in the turbo housing, based on the engine’s exhaust pulses. When complemented by the precision of the engine’s valvetrain, that separation leverages exhaust scavenging techniques to optimize gas flow, which decreases exhaust gas temperatures, improves turbine efficiency and reduces turbo lag.

An electronically controlled wastegate and charge-air cooling system support the turbocharger and enhance its effectiveness. Compared to a conventional wastegate, the electronically controlled version offers more precise management of the engine’s boost pressure for smoother, more consistent performance.
      With the charge-air cooler, the pressurized, heated air generated by the turbocharger is pumped through a heat exchanger before it enters the engine. That lowers the air charge temperature by about 130 degrees F (74 C), packing the combustion chambers with cooler, denser air that enhances power production. The system achieves more than 80 percent cooling efficiency with less than 2 psi (12 kPa) flow restriction at peak power, contributing to the engine’s available torque production at low rpm.

Additional features

A variable-pressure oiling system with a continuously variable-displacement vane oil pump enhances efficiency by optimizing oil pressure as a function of engine speed and load. With it, the oil supply is matched to the engine requirements rather than the excessive supply of a conventional, fixed-displacement oil pump.

Active Thermal Management helps the engine warm up faster and achieve its optimal engine temperature for performance and efficiency. The system uses a rotary valve system to distribute coolant through the engine in a targeted manner. It sends heat where it’s needed to warm up the engine to reduce friction and heat the cab, or cools when needed for high power operation.
      An electric water pump — a first for Chevy trucks — supports the Active Thermal Management system and further enhances the engine’s performance and efficiency by eliminating the parasitic drag that comes with a conventional engine-driven water pump.

Direct fuel injection is used to optimize efficiency and performance. With direct injection, a higher compression ratio (10.0:1) is possible because of a cooling effect as the injected fuel vaporizes in the combustion chamber, reducing the charge temperature and improving resistance to spark knock. Direct injection also enables gas scavenging from the combustion chamber to the turbo for fast response.
      Dual overhead camshafts contribute to the 2.7L Turbo’s smoothness and high output, with dual independent continuously variable valve timing working with the valvetrain to deliver optimal performance and efficiency. The dual independent system, which allows the intake and exhaust valves to be phased at different rates, promotes linear delivery of torque with near-peak levels over a broad rpm range, and high specific output (horsepower per liter of displacement) without sacrificing overall engine response or driveability.

An integrated exhaust manifold on the cylinder head assembly promotes faster engine warmup and quicker turbo response.

Oil jets located in the block are employed for performance and temperature control. They target the underside of the pistons and the surrounding cylinder walls with an extra layer of cooling, friction-reducing oil. The jets reduce piston temperature, allowing the engine to produce more power and enhance long-term durability.

Stop/start enhances fuel economy in city driving. The driver-selectable system shuts off the engine at stoplights and certain other stop-and-go situations, saving fuel. The engine automatically restarts when the driver takes their foot off the brake.

The all-new 2.7L Turbo is matched with a Hydra-Matic eight-speed automatic transmission featuring enhancements designed to improve shift quality, as well as a new centrifugal pendulum absorber torque converter that reduces vibrations to improve smoothness.

The all-new 2.7L Turbo will be built at the General Motors Spring Hill facility in Tennessee.

The 2019 Silverado goes on sale this fall. EPA fuel economy estimates and towing/payload capacities are not yet available and will be announced closer to launch.
    • By Zane

(Yes, this is really us ordering our truck!)
      Zane Merva
      5/17/18

Someone ring the bell, today is the day that you can waltz on down to your Chevrolet and/or GMC dealer, sit down with a sales rep, and option out / submit the order for your brand new 2019 Silverado or Sierra. Now, that said, you'll be shooting blind, as GM hasn't let us know yet how much the 2019's are going to cost. In fact, we don't even know how much horsepower the engines will be rated at..... BUT, we can in fact order them. So, GM-Trucks.com did. Here's what we found out. 

What You CAN Order
      As of today, (May 17th, 2018), you can place an order for an LT, LT Trail Boss, RST, LTZ, or High Country for Silverado and only SLT/Denali for Sierra. Crew cabs are up first and are the only cab you can get as of today. Nearly every regular option is available to be ordered but specific trims have a better shot at being produced than unique combinations. 

What You CANNOT Order
      Reports of dealers offering to place orders for diesel engines are floating around on on our 2019 Silverado/Sierra Owners Facebook Group. The facts are, while a dealer can take your money for a deposit, they won't be able to order a new light-duty diesel yet. You also won't be able to order double cab or regular cab trucks.

Be Careful!
      As of today, dealers know exactly how many new trucks they can order and how many of each color they can order. If you're submitting an order, make sure your dealership has the open allocation for both the truck AND the color you want. 

Meet GM-Trucks.com's 2019 Chevrolet Silverado
      In the interest of research and keeping the community informed, we marched on down to the dealer late this morning to talk shop and place an order. We have a lot of plans for our new 2019 that you'll hear about in a few months, so picking out the right trim was a little tougher than we thought.

Although the LT Trail Boss was extremely tempting, we knew we needed the 6.2L, which you can't get on the Trail Boss. So strike that out.  And, while the High Country was right up our alley, we didn't want to get what will likely be the most expensive Silverado ever sold either. That pretty much made us land squarely in the middle of the two and in the end we decided the LTZ trim level was right for our needs. It allows us to get the 6.2L V8 (of which we strangely don't know the output of yet) and GM's all new 10-speed automatic transmission. 

We also wanted to get a truck that was at least as nice as our 2011 GMC Sierra SLT All-Terrain. We love our heated leather seats and Bose audio on our 2011 and our new truck needed to have these options too.  So, with that all in mind... here's how we optioned things out once we sat down to the table. 
      --------------------------------------
      2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD Crew Cab LTZ
      Northsky Blue Metallic Jet BLack Leather Interior Trim 6.2L V8 - L87 / 10-speed transmission - MQB Z71 Off-Road Package  LTZ Preferred Equipment Group - 1LZ LTZ Convenenience Package - PCZ LTZ Convenenience Package II - PCN LTZ Plus Package - PDF Safety Package - PQB Power Up/Down Tailgate - QT6 20-inch Polished Wheels - RD2 Bose Sound System - UQA Premium Nav/Infotainment System - IOT --------------------------------------
      Some of the cool stuff included in these packages
      Heated and ventilated front seats Heated Rear Outboard Seats Two 120-volt outlets (one inside, one in bed) HD Rear Vision Camera Rear Sliding Window Front/Rear Park Assist Rear Cross Traffic Alert / Side Blind Zone Alert  
      We did not get
      Bedliner or rubber floor matts Heads up display or 360-degree camera Any accessories, step bars, or covers. (We have plans for all that stuff!) A sunroof (a weak attempt to save money)  
      Our problem right now is that we don't know how much this truck will cost. We do have a general idea though.  Based on 2018 pricing, we expect the MSRP on our 2019 to land between $54-56k dollars.

All that's left is for the order to be submitted to GM (which the dealer's ordering guy will handle soon) and for GM to accept the order (who knows when?!). Production for our vehicle is expected to take place in late July or early August. Of course, we'll keep everyone in the loop on any updates we get as the process moves along. 

If you want to buy one of the first new Silverado or Sierra, this is the week you'll want to visit your dealer. 

Here's our actual order sheet listing the options we picked out

Shout Out To Our Dealer

I have to mention we wouldn't have been able to do ANY of this without some serious support from a dealer. Our dealer for this order is Banks Chevrolet in Concord, New Hampshire.

The Sales Manager, Jeremy Chapman, and our Sales Consultant, Jeffrey Lavalley have gone out of their way to answer our detailed questions and work with us to get GM-Trucks.com a sick new project truck. Thank you Banks!