4x4 issue

I have a 2005 Silverado and I have a problem with it being in auto 4wd as soon as I start the truck some mornings. I have a brand new dash actuator and transfercase actuator on the transfercase. I just fixed some of the wires that were exposed for the 4wd. I still can't figure out the problem. 

Did you leave it in auto the night before?  I can do that with mine but we have different generations.  It seems to me this might have something to do with the transfer case.  Do you know which one you have?  I might have the troubleshooting guide for it or know where to get it.

Are you sure that it is actually shifting completely out of Auto 4whl drive? Find that mudhole and lets throw up some rooster tails and check this out.

I've had problems with the 4WD selector switch on both of my trucks. My 96 wouldn't shift from high to low range, or if it did, it wouldn't shift back. My 04 would shift from 2WD to Auto while driving down the road.

I found that, in both cases, the switches had bad solder joints on the connectors. I removed the switches, resoldered the connections, and put them back in. That fixed both problems with no out of pocket expenses.

You can find many videos on YouTube to show you how to do the repairs to the switches.

Archived