GM Stepping up

The AC compressor on my 2014 died, I'm out of warranty based on time(3Yrs) but still under 36,000 miles (31K) Dealer says $200 and GM will cover the rest. totally unexpected!

Gm empowerment tool, every dealer has it. It depends on your loyalty to the dealer in a lot of cases. If you spend money and buy vehicles from that dealer, they are more inclined to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly right! I just had to have the front wheel hubs and speed sensors replaced on my truck. Out of warranty by 957 miles. GM covered well over half of the repair. All I had to do was ask my salesman for some help. No questions after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had similar deals with my GM dealer shops.  If it's a known issue, but you are past warranty GM doesn't quite let you hang out to dry all the time.  Sometimes, yeah, but not all the time.  I had a 'Nox with a bad tranny and engine.  Well past warranty, but GM covered 1/2 of the cost to rebuild both.  The 2010 redesign had lots of issues, and GM was trying to do their best to cover their problems they were very aware about.

2 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Never would happen @fiat,FERD

Not really true...I had Fiat Chrysler step up to cover half of a repair cost when I was outside of the warranty period.  Its the same good that GM uses to try and keep people loyal.

Just saying...:cheers:

Archived