2018 Silverado Auto Climate Control not working

11 hours ago, budfixesit said:

Got a call from my Service Writer. He tells me that the truck has a bad expansion valve, As someone who has been in the HVAC business my entire life ( to this point anyway) i can't see how an expansion valve can cause this issue, as it has nothing to do with the fan. I'm thinking he meant an expansion module, like an add-on that turned regular climate control into dual zone with auto. Of course, no part until Monday so we will see. Updates as events unfold. Happy fourth to y'all and Happy Birthday, America!

I am right there with you. I don't see how this could fix it. When you go, ask to see the part that was replaced and take a picture of it. They will not let you have it because GM could call for the warranty part back. I am curious to know what they replaced though lol. This truck only has a HVAC control module that controls the Manual and Automatic part of the system so I really have no idea what they are talking about. 

Yes please let me know what they replace. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well carnau, you were correct. Got the truck back finally. They did in fact replace the expansion valve, but that's only because they found it not equalizing properly while checking my actual complaint. But as for the blower not working, they were "unable to duplicate any abnormal condition at this time. No codes stored in system." I will admit the A/C is blowing slightly colder, which is good because it's currently 250 degrees every day here in Central Texas. If it happens again, it will get a logic lock reset before i do anything else. Truth is I have a great dealership who treats me very well, so if it becomes a chronic issue, they will take care of it... eventually

• 2 weeks later...

went out to the garage and started the truck and all worked well. I never got to doing the reset. I guess it was just too hot in the cab for the sensors to work correctly.

• 1 year later...

Aaaand ... resurrecting this topic once again (found it on a Google search) ...
Just happened to me today, auto climate quit working. AC is fine on manual.
I've read through all of the posts and seems to be a logic reset is in order?
I've yet to scan with my Autel and I'll do that tomorrow before the reset attempt.
Dang it! My first issue at 81,000 miles. :(

1 hour ago, MikeBMW said:

Aaaand ... resurrecting this topic once again (found it on a Google search) ...
Just happened to me today, auto climate quit working. AC is fine on manual.
I've read through all of the posts and seems to be a logic reset is in order?
I've yet to scan with my Autel and I'll do that tomorrow before the reset attempt.
Dang it! My first issue at 81,000 miles. :(

Bad news, hopefully not.

Do we have this feature in the K2's?

SOLAR SENSOR

If equipped, the solar sensor, on top of the instrument panel near the windshield, monitors the solar heat. The climate control system uses the sensor information to adjust the temperature, fan speed, recirculation, and air delivery mode for best comfort. Do not cover the sensor; otherwise the automatic climate control system may not work properly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Bad news, hopefully not.

Do we have this feature in the K2's?

SOLAR SENSOR

If equipped, the solar sensor, on top of the instrument panel near the windshield, monitors the solar heat. The climate control system uses the sensor information to adjust the temperature, fan speed, recirculation, and air delivery mode for best comfort. Do not cover the sensor; otherwise the automatic climate control system may not work properly.

Nah, I don't think we have that, it's all just temp sensor controls as far as I can tell.
Heck, I was about to actually bring this post up from the dead because I could only see the reference to it was from the tell-tale indication I had posted on it - doesn't show up in the feed. EDIT: it's there now, thanks, Jim.
I first noticed it when I remote started my truck before leaving the office. Got in and no AC going (95 degree day).
I made sure all was set to Auto, nothing. Put in manual and all worked.
Nuts, I really miss that feature!
I'll go out and check after sitting for a few hours, update in a min.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I'll go out and check after sitting for a few hours, update in a min.

Weird, everything's back to normal, now.
Not sure what might have happened but there was a post by @mouse24with the same experience.
Auto climate started working again after sitting for a bit ... *confused*

3 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Weird, everything's back to normal, now.
Not sure what might have happened but there was a post by @mouse24with the same experience.
Auto climate started working again after sitting for a bit ... *confused*

I wonder if the interior sensor, know there is one in the headliner, Bluetooth speaker?, and then one down by your right knee, for the ACC? 

Wonder if extreme temps just mess with it so it does not work, until it cools, warms back to normal?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

I wonder if the interior sensor, know there is one in the headliner, Bluetooth speaker?, and then one down by your right knee, for the ACC? 

Wonder if extreme temps just mess with it so it does not work, until it cools, warms back to normal?

Might be, Jim. It's been 100 today but, still no issues anymore.
Go figure.
I still have to check codes with the Autel for legacy codes but, hey, life gets in the way, things were back working again and I had to get my new 75" TV installed. :D

• 4 months later...
On 7/4/2020 at 7:29 AM, budfixesit said:

Got a call from my Service Writer. He tells me that the truck has a bad expansion valve, As someone who has been in the HVAC business my entire life ( to this point anyway) i can't see how an expansion valve can cause this issue, as it has nothing to do with the fan. I'm thinking he meant an expansion module, like an add-on that turned regular climate control into dual zone with auto. Of course, no part until Monday so we will see. Updates as events unfold. Happy fourth to y'all and Happy Birthday, America!

What was the fix to the your issue in the end? I also have an 18’ texas edition I bought a week ago and the battery disconnecting method didn’t help.