What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

24 minutes ago, War Eagle said:

48883077021_a4b71434cc_b.jpg

AFE CAI

About to place my order. Any notable sound difference? Did you order the programmer? If so, what type of results have you seen or felt? My AT4 came with the performance exhaust, but not the intake so I’m trying to complete the system. 

7 minutes ago, Erod_66 said:

About to place my order. Any notable sound difference? Did you order the programmer? If so, what type of results have you seen or felt? My AT4 came with the performance exhaust, but not the intake so I’m trying to complete the system. 

Yes. 'It has a low growl with the plug installed, if you want it loud remove the plug and its has a real loud and throaty sound. It does feel like there is less lag when pushing on the accelerator. I didnt get the tuner, but they are having a 15% off sale this weekend and may look into picking it up.

11 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

is that an opening in the front side of the lid?  That doesn't makes sense pulling in hot engine bay air on top of the rest of the air.  Why would they do that I wonder?

Yes, It is an opening. They include a plug for it which I use. According to the manual, that opening is there for more performance gains. I will say this, with the plug removed it is really loud and throaty. Didnt really notice any difference performance wise from the plug in or removed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Erod_66 said:

Do you know the difference between getting the dry filter vs the oiled one? The one I see on amazon is for the oiled filter. 

I don’t know if I can explain it, but it’s basically as it says, there is a dry filter which is dry like a OEM filter and an oiled filter in which you clean and re-oil when dirty. I’ve sure someone will be able to explain better than me though.  

23 minutes ago, Erod_66 said:

Do you know the difference between getting the dry filter vs the oiled one? The one I see on amazon is for the oiled filter. 

You will get so many different answers, but eppieguy is right, they both do the same thing. The big difference is normally dry filters have more layers to catch dirt, whereas the oiled one dont and use the sticky oil to catch dirt. You talk to one person and they will say not to use a oiled filter in super dry and dusty climates because it will clog up quicker, and another person will say it wil catch more dust in those climates than the dry one. i personally dont like oiled filters because Im sure I will forget to oil it when its time to re-oil it haha. Both do the same thing just in different ways.

Edited by War Eagle

9 hours ago, Erod_66 said:

Dry ones don’t last as long Like 10,000 miles/ keep stock horsepower  .  Oiled ones (usually the K/N style ) usually say they last million miles / usually give you couple more horsepower/ Better gas mileage / flow better .

On a previous vehicle I owned i used the oiled K/N style and shortly after started having issues with my mass airflow sensor and I took the filter out and never had more probs. The oil isn’t supposed to do that but it did in mine / heard it has in others too.  Might depend how close the sensors located .  This was a Ford Explorer I had years ago.

• Like 1

I’ve heard of the oil issues affecting the MAF and it was usually caused by over oiling the filter. I ran K&N oiled filters on all of my GM vehicles since 99 and never once had that issue myself. 

Dry ones don’t last as long Like 10,000 miles/ keep stock horsepower  .  Oiled ones (usually the K/N style ) usually say they last million miles / usually give you couple more horsepower/ Better gas mileage / flow better .

On a previous vehicle I owned i used the oiled K/N style and shortly after started having issues with my mass airflow sensor and I took the filter out and never had more probs. The oil isn’t supposed to do that but it did in mine / heard it has in others too.  Might depend how close the sensors located .  This was a Ford Explorer I had years ago.

You’re correct, added a brand new K&N to mine and immediately noticed it was dripping oil right out of the bag, installed it and later found independent tests showing K&N had the worst dirt filtration and so I dumped it and installed a wix which was the highest rated. I don’t mind switching out my air filter ever 10K miles, better than having oil run in places it shouldn’t be.

Sent from Above

2 hours ago, jflan23 said:

b2d535f24f302654b9c3ddd27a26e147.jpg

Well, the puppy threw up. So I learned how to dismantle the interior to clean it.....

Yikes!!!   I recently picked up a new puppy in mine. He has ridden like twice since. So far no accidents. This makes me think twice!!!

tenor-4.gif

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, AJMBLAZER said:

Hmmmm. Like that. Have to decide where to put it. 

did you drill and mount it?

Yes, drilled out the dash. The switch body is threaded so the retaining clip is behind, and tightens down to hold it in place.

• Thanks 1