AVS vs. Weathertech, long term durability

Does anyone have AVS in channel installed on their trucks that they've had for a while?  I'm interested to see how they're holding up. 

I had the Weathertech in channel's on my 2014 and liked them, but was not a fan of the metal clip used on the back windows.  After being installed for 4 years the clip had broken the 'lip' that went in the channel and they were starting to become loose and falling down.

My question is, how well does the 3M tape hold up on the AVS visors?  Long term, are you still happy that you bought them?  I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set and wanted to explore my options before doing so.

Edited by Darmichar
Fixing typo's

I have the WT in channel on my 2010...I've pulled the rears off a couple of times and removed the double side tape and replaced it with more.  The tape will last a few years and once I notice it starting to get loose, I'll pull and replace the tape

My dad has the AVS on his 2011 3500HD...you have to be careful when letting the rear windows down...the sticky on the tape has worn off and they will fall out of the channel.  I need to pull them out and remove the old tape and replace with new tape.

• Like 1