OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

11 hours ago, 2017_whitez71 said:

Have you tried it with the truck running?  Probably doesn't make a difference, but just a thought.

Yes I have.  It does seem to function more reliably while driving down the road than it does parked (with or without engine running), although still not 100% of the time.  There's no rhyme or reason to it at all.

Well, today my driver's power door lock quit working via the fob and the door switch.  Sooooo, this sucker is going back to stock until more troubleshooting can be done.   I think my BCM is just not programmed for it.  Anyone want to buy a ORL-capable headlight switch?  LOL  I have two of them.

Edited by lapoolboy

Well, today my driver's power door lock quit working via the fob and the door switch.  Sooooo, this sucker is going back to stock until more troubleshooting can be done.   I think my BCM is just not programmed for it.  Anyone want to buy a ORL-capable headlight switch?  LOL  I have two of them.

How much? Blue backed lighting? New OEM?

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, chrispassas21 said:

How much? Blue backed lighting? New OEM?

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift

Yes, both bought new OEM.  Blue backlighting.  Shoot me a PM if interested.

Edited by lapoolboy

WTH?! Does it work after reverting back?

17 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Lapoolboy, did you put it back? Did that fix your issue?

It did not fix my issue with the driver's door lock.  Merely coincidence.  Turns out it is a bad door lock actuator.  I'm getting it replaced under warranty tonight.

I'm selling the two switches I gathered and tried through this process for anyone interested:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/215518-orl-capable-oem-headlight-switches-for-sale/

Ok. Well atleast it wasnt because of the light mod.

I am PATIENTLY WAITING---( always in a hurry) for my replacement BCM pin from Phil (big thank you) which i broke, to get mine hooked up and see if it all works. Again, I have my doubts cause its a 2014. 

Edited by RACERX7775
Add content

Ok. Well atleast it wasnt because of the light mod.

I am PATIENTLY WAITING---( always in a hurry) for my replacement BCM pin from Phil (big thank you) which i broke, to get mine hooked up and see if it all works. Again, I have my doubts cause its a 2014. 

Please keep us in the loop! Looking forward to your results, I have a 2014 as well ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't checked yet but when you press and release the button, does the signal go away? Saw a video-it does.  Because if thats the case, if the signal stays, ill use the switch but not go through the BCM. I dont care about the light on the dash. 

Is there a way to program the BCM to accept it? Or buy a BCM from a 2015 that we know works.

Edited by RACERX7775

Ok!!! Got my tiny little pin today that i broke off the other day. Big thanks to Phil for getting me a new pin. Got it hooked up and got my test light out!!!!!

IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....????

I guess ill have to wait until there is some sort of easy work around. Or just wire in the switch that came with my relay harness.  I am still curious about getting a BCM from say a 2015 or 2016 truck and get it flashed for my truck. 

• Like 1