OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

I'm still having issues after installing my new switch and wiring harness, my ORL light in the cluster does not come on or no voltage is being outputted from the switch.  The other day I acquired a latching relay, with it connected to the BCM, the switch does not operate and stay on..  I disconnected the BCM terminals from the wiring harness, the switch works great.  No ORL at all on the dash, but the ORL indicator in the switch lights up.   I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT, has anyone else had this issue?   

I got my latching relay from Amazon,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLRV92L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NOYITO 4-Channel Relay Module DC 5V 12V 24V Self-locking Triggering Interlocking High Low Level Trigger for PLC Industrial Control Arduino (12V)

Pay close attention to your jumpers,  I had to move them to get it to work, this latching relay works great.

Yes, you hold the ORL button down for a few seconds, it turns on.  Push button again to turn off.

i have attached a photo of the 4 channel relay, disregard the wiring color, I utilized what ever I had in my tool box to test the operability of the system.

70AB626E-BADA-49EF-8013-461C6EF94121.jpeg

All,

This is the same latching relay (there is a 4-channel and 6-channel version) that@Tinkeringfox and I are testing (mainly Tinkering Fox [emoji4]). He will be releasing a video on its use soon. For those that are familiar with wiring it up can get the relay and do their own wiring. For those that are not that saavy, we’ll be designing a “kit” for it. The good news is that this relay can also be used in conjunction with the Instrument Panel switches that also send momentary triggers [emoji6]. Please be patient as we are both very busy with work.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3