MontyUSAs 18LT Z71 BDS Build

MontyUSA

Hi all, new to the forum.  Just purchased a 2018 LT Z71, let the building begin.  Love seeing what everyone else has done to their trucks.  

The forum and others builds really helped me select the look that I was going for.  

I really just wanted to "beef up" the stock look, but not too high.  4inch is perfect for my taste, I really liked how It turned out, love to hear your thoughts...

Started with

• Front Window Tint  
  • LLumar Paint Protection Film (Full coverage full front end)
  • 4 inch BDS Suspension
  • Factory GMC Denali 20s
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295 60r20 (approx. 34x11.5)
  • AMP Research Powerstep retractable running boards 

This will probably be It for a little while.

Before

IMG_1713.thumb.jpg.d4f5d9e2ce41e8019efd2c74465d7fad.jpg

After

IMG_1720.thumb.JPG.0a8aecb6570babcab4f9c3c0b6141b42.JPG

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HeathT-87 said:

looks like rake to me. Did you get the rear blocks or the leaf springs? And of course does it rub? I'm looking to do the same setup.

Still a little rake, but I think the rake you are seeing is more the perspective of the picture, I will see if I can get a better picture (for now I cropped to show how much higher the rear wheel is sitting to level...  I opted for the rear blocks for now and did not opt for the coil over

There was some minor trimming required on the interior of the lower front valance and I removed the lower front air dam.  I also needed 1/4 spacers upfront since the factory wheel had about 6 inch of backspace (I think BDS requires no more than 5.75 with a 20x9 wheel).  No rubbing after that.

Overall I think a great fit.

IMG_1721.jpg