I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Buy whatever you what, no one is telling you to do otherwise but let’s not cut down other vehicle pricing because YOU find it more feasible to buy and own what you want.

You’re happy with your truck as I am with mine but I’ll bet I’m lots more happier with my truck than you are of yours as I bought based on my wants and not on discounts.

I wasn’t knocking the Raptor on price except to make the case that if you don’t need it’s capabilities, it’s superfluous and not all that practical. To the right guy, I know it’s worth what you pay for it, and I am not immune to wanting one myself. I do like how it looks and tried to talk myself into it when I was shopping in the fall of 2018. In the end, logic for my situation prevailed because I couldn’t convince myself to like or trust the 3.5, I don’t need the capabilities, and I think the sheer size of the thing would play hell with me when I have to go in the city or a parking garage. Also haven’t owned a Ford since my 1994 Probe...and the brand generally is just not “me”.

I bought my 19 in January of last year. There weren’t many of them around and weren’t many discounts on a 61k sticker, so I paid up for it. I like the truck and couldn’t really see driving anything else for the next few years. Wanted to love it but I’ve had just about every issue that people talk about here (besides a liberal neighbor)...so there’s that.

I am fortunate to own the truck outright and I plan to trade as soon as the refresh takes place. Will 99% likely stick to GM because that’s mostly what I’ve owned and been comfortable with, but I really need a better experience. The T1 frustrates me because the bones of a class leading truck are there, but GM can’t seem to get out of their own way...a pattern that has played out over and over and over again.

• Like 1

I wasn’t knocking the Raptor on price except to make the case that if you don’t need it’s capabilities, it’s superfluous and not all that practical. To the right guy, I know it’s worth what you pay for it, and I am not immune to wanting one myself. I do like how it looks and tried to talk myself into it when I was shopping in the fall of 2018. In the end, logic for my situation prevailed because I couldn’t convince myself to like or trust the 3.5, I don’t need the capabilities, and I think the sheer size of the thing would play hell with me when I have to go in the city or a parking garage. Also haven’t owned a Ford since my 1994 Probe...and the brand generally is just not “me”.

I bought my 19 in January of last year. There weren’t many of them around and weren’t many discounts on a 61k sticker, so I paid up for it. I like the truck and couldn’t really see driving anything else for the next few years. Wanted to love it but I’ve had just about every issue that people talk about here (besides a liberal neighbor)...so there’s that.

I am fortunate to own the truck outright and I plan to trade as soon as the refresh takes place. Will 99% likely stick to GM because that’s mostly what I’ve owned and been comfortable with, but I really need a better experience. The T1 frustrates me because the bones of a class leading truck are there, but GM can’t seem to get out of their own way...a pattern that has played out over and over and over again.

I hope you’re right, IMHO, GM makes better looking trucks but it’s what’s inside and under the hood that frightens me, my wife’s 2016 Yukon XL and with only 12k miles on it had stuttering issues at every stop light, took it in and service said the 5.3 had issues with fouling up and wanted to charge me $300 to clean it out, I declined, started using Lucas Fuel treatment and never had that issue again, at the least 5 visits for electronics, 2 new shocks, twice motor mounts replaced and at 42k miles the transmission started having issues so I pulled into the BMW dealership and told my wife “pick out what ever you want”. My buddy owns the GMC dealership that I bought it from and asked why, why trade it in when I’ll fix it for as long as you’ll own it? My response, cause I don’t trust it’s reliability and traveling from Texas to Arizona was to much of a gamble. Got rid of it with brand new Defenders on it and a one week old Odyssey battery which by the way I installed cause I didn’t trust the GM battery. So, you see, that’s just one vehicle out of an enormous amount I’ve had and from at least 15 new transmissions (many trucks and SUVs) all within 30k miles to doors leaking when it rained and so much more, I’m just about ready for a change up but for now I’m completely shocked with my 18’s reliability, guess Dad was right, always buy the last years model. Good luck to you and everyone else

Sent from Above

• Like 2

On 10/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, manley said:

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

Howdy partner, I don't reckon you know what you're talking about or perhaps you're angry at something else and trying to take it out on these trucks.

Fact is, they are best-in-class forward leaning design.  Industry lead in sales volume.  Sit back and watch everyone copy Chevy/GMC next year.  

Love my new truck!  Gonna keep it 20+ years.

So far, 5,000 miles, 1 year,  0 problems. 

V8, 4WD, TrailBoss, Dual Exhaust, Sirius XM, Infotainment, Electronic Tailgate,  6 1/2 foot bed with LED lights and more.  All that, $37,500 OTD. 

22-25mpg via AFM, can't beat it.

1alpha.JPG

Edited by Doolin-Dalton
  • Like 2

Howdy partner, I don't reckon you know what you're talking about or perhaps you're angry at something else and trying to take it out on these trucks.

Fact is, they are best-in-class forward leaning design.  Industry lead in sales volume.  Sit back and watch everyone copy Chevy/GMC next year.  

V8, 4WD, TrailBoss, Dual Exhaust, Sirius XM, Infotainment, Electronic Tailgate,  6 1/2 foot bed with LED lights and more.  All that, $37,500 OTD. 

1alpha.thumb.JPG.6e992193f10b210baf53f6583fb197b8.JPG

22-25 mpg? Uh

1 hour ago, Doolin-Dalton said:

1alpha.JPG

Do you think somebody is going to take a picture of your truck like mine.Unless it's yourself taking a picture of your truck,no stranger is going to take a picture of your truck.Like someone said we are all truck owners, and as long 

your proud to own that truck that's all that counts.Because If your not proud of the vehicle you own you never take care of it.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Doolin-Dalton said:

1alpha.JPG

37 OTD? Damn so you got thing for like 28/29?Great deal. and rest if your past has me laughing. Every truck has those options but as long as you love yours that’s all that matters. 6.5 bed ? Haha. Is that a new thing ? ?

37 OTD? Damn so you got thing for like 28/29?Great deal. and rest if your past has me laughing. Every truck has those options but as long as you love yours that’s all that matters. 6.5 bed ? Haha. Is that a new thing ? [emoji1787]

He’s happy with his truck, congrats to him and all of us especially having a reliable one cause Lord knows, could be one of the unlucky ones.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 11:18 PM, f8l vnm said:

37 OTD? Damn so you got thing for like 28/29?Great deal. and rest if your past has me laughing. Every truck has those options but as long as you love yours that’s all that matters. 6.5 bed ? Haha. Is that a new thing ? ?

37,500 out the door.

I take it your truck had the mini bed?

On 10/31/2018 at 11:33 AM, Black02Silverado said:

I really like them.  From the first time I saw them last year.  Call me crazy but I must be the minority.  Which is good. It means I will be the only one driving one.  :)

You're not crazy, I believe the new design is fantastic.  There are also many things different from my 2000, and 2016 Silverado models that I feel I'm in something completely new, something of the future.

- The tailgate (both the electronic open and the embossed or recessed "Chevrolet" plus the lightweight polymer it is made of

- The fully functional vents on the front fenders, pushes air into the wheel well, cools the brakes

- The mirrors was a bold move, I didn't appreciate the location at first, but it does give alot more visibility and from an exterior view it's now distinctive

- The cloth seats are much better.  In my 2016 they looked like sofa chairs.  These 2019 seats look like automobile seats, the right kind of contour and fabric, solid, firm.

- Factory lift, chrome dual exhaust, mud tires on my TrailBoss, Sirius XM, Infotainment, LED Bed Lights, Elec Tailgate, 4WD w2spd Transfer Case (4 HI, 4 LO) all for $37,500 OTD is great value.

- V8 that runs 22-25mpg with AFM cylinder deactivation, and can also run 50-50 or more mix of e85 ethanol

What's not to love about it? 

I did spend $100 on a leather steering wheel from an 2019 LT model on ebay, and another $200 for an open top center console from an LT.    Creature comforts if you will.  But that said and done, there are not any other Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan trucks that come close.   Those other trucks are SSDD.   You ever look at the rear axle on a Ford F250?  Not much meat on them, they are very small. I'd be concerned about tow, trailer, hauling too much if I had one of those.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, Cjc said:

Do you think somebody is going to take a picture of your truck like mine.Unless it's yourself taking a picture of your truck,no stranger is going to take a picture of your truck.Like someone said we are all truck owners, and as long 

your proud to own that truck that's all that counts.Because If your not proud of the vehicle you own you never take care of it.

Sorry, here is a better picture - man I love this truck!

IMG_1368.JPG

• Like 1