I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

Topic might best find a home somewhere else on this site.

Owners of '19+ obviously bought one because they do not think it is "hideous" and couldn't give a crap about negative comments from those who do.

Topic should rightly be placed on the '18-  forum where it can have purpose and actually do some good..........detractors can find solace in lamenting to others who do not own one, or who cannot afford one, and make them feel better about owning their discontinued models.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Topic might best find a home somewhere else on this site.

Owners of '19+ obviously bought one because they do not think it is "hideous" and couldn't give a crap about negative comments from those who do.

Topic should rightly be placed on the '18-  forum where it can have purpose and actually do some good..........detractors can find solace in lamenting to others who do not own one, or who cannot afford one, and make them feel better about owning their discontinued models.

I’d have to agree with you on this, not sure why they even allow topics like this anyhow, we’re all truck owners after all. The T1’s aren’t more expensive, just look different and takes a bit getting used to. The only thing I’m not at all impressed with is that GM didn’t add more power, just changed up the exterior. I like the Trail Boss and AT4’s though, they both look like they’ve got an attitude but other than that neither really have any added horse power. I do know there’s a 15hp increase in horse power package available but you can get much more than that with a tune in the previous. If GM doesn’t get rolling with a much stouter suspension and more “useful” horse power then my next truck may just be a Raptor but as of today, my 18 SLT 6.2 is an outstanding truck.

Sent from Above

I’d have to agree with you on this, not sure why they even allow topics like this anyhow, we’re all truck owners after all. The T1’s aren’t more expensive, just look different and takes a bit getting used to. The only thing I’m not at all impressed with is that GM didn’t add more power, just changed up the exterior. I like the Trail Boss and AT4’s though, they both look like they’ve got an attitude but other than that neither really have any added horse power. I do know there’s a 15hp increase in horse power package available but you can get much more than that with a tune in the previous. If GM doesn’t get rolling with a much stouter suspension and more “useful” horse power then my next truck may just be a Raptor but as of today, my 18 SLT 6.2 is an outstanding truck.

Sent from Above

A Raptor costs twice what my Trail Boss cost or I’d be driving one of those.

A fully loaded Raptor is around 73k which comes with the ALL the safety packages/front camera, 360 degree camera , Adaptive Cruise, 36 Gallon fuel tank,  tail gate step , 35 in tires , a real lift/ front and back heated/cooled seats , a 450 HP motor ( although it sounds like crap)/big moon roof   so quite a bit more then a Trail boss.  but i get what your saying its for sure more money just not double. ( taking no discounts into play) 

• Like 1

A Raptor costs twice what my Trail Boss cost or I’d be driving one of those.

Trail Boss is nice but I’d prefer having nothing to do to my next truck. There’s over $10k in suspension wheels and tires upgrades just to make it a bit more off road capable. I’m having excellent reliability w my truck and I’ll keep it for as long as it keeps doing so.

Sent from Above

$23,000 more than what?   An LT Trailboss with a 6.2 starts at $53,000. A Custom Trailboss with a 6.2 starts at $46,400

Yes and no where near the off road capabilities of a Raptor, you’d end up spending at the least $20k just to get somewhere near the off road capability and then you’re in the mid $70’s, and still not reinforced like a Raptor, SNAP!

Good luck! [emoji256]

Sent from Above

The Trail Boss is the answer to the Ram Rebel, not the Raptor. It doesn’t take a genius to see that the Raptor is still in a class of it’s own and comparisons are almost pointless. Because I can go through a laundry list of things the $57k Raptor (that dealers never order) doesn’t have, and doesn’t do as well as an LT TB or AT4 for less money. Off road capability is only one part of the equation and if that’s all you cared about you would have already bought one.

• Like 1

I also agree on the more power part. I know the 10 speed is now in more wide spread but if you think about it,  the 5.3/4.3 and 6.2 have all had the same power for going on 8 years now.  Not even a slight bump! We also know the 2021 will be identical as 2020 due to the Sticker package tee tree edition that was just introduced. They are all very solid and more then adequate engines but in this tough truck competition , its little things that set you apart. The 6.2 i guess is fine with the ratings but the 5.3 is now the lowest power rating of all the 5 liter V8 engines. The Damn 15 year old Tundra has more power and Torque :(

As a long life Gm fan ( not homer but fan) i find GM doing things like this that hold them back from dominating sales. 

Like take for example the 2020 HD . All new body, all new interior and they stick with the same 910FT of torque when Ram and Ford have 1000ft and more. 

The D-Max more than holds its own with 910lb ft...0-60 in 6.6 seconds, 2 seconds quicker than the Ram. And still best in class towing unless they got bumped already in this stupid war they are fighting.

10 speed vs the Ram’s ancient 6 speed probably has a lot to do with it, but GM’s ability to make all of that power in first gear is another thing. Suspect the Ram is still in torque management or why the hell else is it so slow? Just seems to me that Ram is giving you a number to make you feel good, but not actually making decent use of it through a crippled transmission. I think GM did a great job on the HDs and put the effort in the right places.

I agree that it’s hard to see where the 5.3 fits in anymore (on paper anyway), but the 6.2s numbers are all still basically top of the class. Save for the Raptor and Limited’s 3.5 HO, neither of which are sold at a 1/4 the volume of the 6.2. It set the bar in 2014 and the bar is still there as far as I see it. 

As far as making power improvements on the existing half ton engines, I just don’t think there’s a lot left in the tank on these designs without forced induction. GM can’t just wake up one day and add 50hp to the 5.3. Saw on FB that someone tuned a 19 5.3 with a cam, headers, intake and exhaust. It was still putting down less RWHP and torque than a stock 6.2, and that was without the driveline losses of the 10 speed and 4WD. Color me unimpressed.

Think eventually both of these engines will be replaced, and it might be a sad day if they swap them for some boosted little 4 banger or V6.

• Like 1

The D-Max more than holds its own with 910lb ft...0-60 in 6.6 seconds, 2 seconds quicker than the Ram. And still best in class towing unless they got bumped already in this stupid war they are fighting.

10 speed vs the Ram’s ancient 6 speed probably has a lot to do with it, but GM’s ability to make all of that power in first gear is another thing. Suspect the Ram is still in torque management or why the hell else is it so slow? Just seems to me that Ram is giving you a number to make you feel good, but not actually making decent use of it through a crippled transmission. I think GM did a great job on the HDs and put the effort in the right places.

I agree that it’s hard to see where the 5.3 fits in anymore (on paper anyway), but the 6.2s numbers are all still basically top of the class. Save for the Raptor and Limited’s 3.5 HO, neither of which are sold at a 1/4 the volume of the 6.2. It set the bar in 2014 and the bar is still there as far as I see it. 

As far as making power improvements on the existing half ton engines, I just don’t think there’s a lot left in the tank on these designs without forced induction. GM can’t just wake up one day and add 50hp to the 5.3. Saw on FB that someone tuned a 19 5.3 with a cam, headers, intake and exhaust. It was still putting down less RWHP and torque than a stock 6.2, and that was without the driveline losses of the 10 speed and 4WD. Color me unimpressed.

Think eventually both of these engines will be replaced, and it might be a sad day if they swap them for some boosted little 4 banger or V6.

I absolutely LOVE my 2018 6.2, best truck I’ve ever owned and after all these crappy reviews I’ve been seeing as well as bs improvement numbers, I’ll be keeping my truck. The DMax has been and will always be the king of the road for towing, just me.

Sent from Above