Rear window leak

Demon

Mexican made trucks assembled by workers being paid peanuts in comparison  having quality control issues, no way.....

I'm not surprised that my double cab made in america has seen a fraction of the issues that club cab mexican made gm trucks have seen. Been to the dealer maybe 3 times total in 4 years now for broken or defective parts. Other then that regular maintenance only.

I think it goes more toward "lab" or simulated testing vs real world testing ....

As these companies try to develop and put new products out cheaper by avoiding real world testing, they are going to pay a price.

Im sure someone at GM will look back  and see what was paid out in warranty repairs and crap themselves.

1 hour ago, UGADawgs said:

I thought GM stated they had 7million miles of testing on the T1s. 

Im certain that's mostly in a controlled (lab) type setting ....  You'd need a fleet of trucks and people to accomplish that in the course of final build beta testing

On 1/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, fish_guru said:

As indicated in my previous posts I had a leak as well.

I took my truck to the dealer on 1/5/19 and got it back on 1/15/19.

My dealer did not replace the window. They re-set my current one. Didn't really care as long as it doesn't leak.

While detailing the interior of my truck after getting it back I discovered a large gouge in the plastic kick panel on the drivers side back seat area that they damaged while removing and re-installing the back seats. I also found some minor paint chips under the back glass.

In addition, after I picked it up, I kept hearing something roll around the dash area every time I turned. Thought it was the key FOB but after eliminating that possibility I found a loose interior screw rolling around the dash board storage area. Then I found another one in the center console rear cup holder. Then, predictably, I started hearing a squeak from the rear seat area after hitting any bumps...assuming it's the two missing interior screws I found. I expected that stuff when I was 16 and my friend and I took apart my dash to install a radio and had left-over screws when we finished but not when I take my truck to a dealer. These are supposed to be professionals.

To make matters worse, after the first rain storm, my truck leaked again!

Took it back to the dealer and told my service adviser that everyone I know who has had this problem had their windows replaced, not re-sealed.

He called a few days ago and claims GM will not sign off on a window replacement. He claims they found the leak and sealed it. Sure...like they did the first time. Now they are waiting on the kick panel to come in that they damaged.

On a side note, prior to taking my truck in the first time, I messaged the GMCustomerService guy who sometimes responds to posts offering to work in conjunction with the dealer as an additional layer of support. No offense, seems like a nice guy, but other than e-mailing the dealership's 'customer experience manager' I don't really know what else they do. It doesn't seem to have helped my situation at all. 

I really do love the truck but this ordeal is sucking the joy out of the ownership experience.

Have you considered going to a different dealer? I had a Honda that had an airbag sensor that kept having issues. I went to the same dealership four times and they couldnt repair it and didnt want to cover it under warranty. I went to a different dealership and it was fixed in a few hours and under warranty. If I have issues at a dealership or service manager, I just leave ...I realize that might not be possible in your circumstances, however. 

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 1

I have considered it.  

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with my 07 Silverado at the closest dealership to my house. Long story short...check engine light,  fuel evap system, 5 service visits and over $1000 later and the light continues to come back on.

My truck is at the second closest dealer to my home.  The next one after that is do-able but a much bigger inconvenience. However it may come down to that. 

3 hours ago, Chris walker said:

Have you considered going to a different dealer? I had a Honda that had an airbag sensor that kept having issues. I went to the same dealership four times and they couldnt repair it and didnt want to cover it under warranty. I went to a different dealership and it was fixed in a few hours and under warranty. If I have issues at a dealership or service manager, I just leave ...I realize that might not be possible in your circumstances, however. 

I have a Honda dealer 5miles from my house and have had too many bad experiences. I have to go 20miles to another and it's worth it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

I have a Honda dealer 5miles from my house and have had too many bad experiences. I have to go 20miles to another and it's worth it.

Same for me. The dealer closest to me has a bad reputation. I go 30 miles out of my way in horrible traffic for the better service. Just can’t take any chances. Oddly enough, that’s how these dealers make money; service. They do well on warranty service as well so it baffles the imagination why in the world they wouldn’t want to keep a customer happy. Laziness???

Add my 2 month old Sierra AT4 to the list. Not even 2k miles yet and it leaks from the rear driver side window. Live in Cali so we don’t get much rain but we are getting some this week and it showed Two nights ago. I wiped it down thinking maybe it was me putting my backpack in the back seat, but this morning I woke up to rain so I checked and water had leaked in and ran down the window on the seat and into the little storage area in the rear seat. Left it at the dealer this morning and will wait a couple hours to see what they say. I’ve owned 2 s10 blazers, 1 Tahoe and 1 Silverado before this and never had any leak issues. Not happy at all, but willing to see how dealer/GM will fix this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, Sierra Dan said:

Automotive prices continue to Rise, while Quality Declines.

The simple fact of the matter is that vehicles are not truly tested enough before being released into production.

Or, assembly lines are relying more on robots to perform repetitive tasks. Robots are not good at quality control however.

And they want to give robots the task of driving us around. YIKES!!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the windows guys. I can't imagine the frustration and disappointment of having your new and expensive truck have an issue that should have been taken care of in the first month of design. Here's to a speedy and free repair for everybody affected. 

Edited by CadillacLuke24