The High Country trim Chevrolet Silverado HD dials back the bold

Lord I can’t wait until style comes back full circle to minimalism.  I’ll admit this face is much better then the ugly one earlier.

I seriously detest everything these new trucks have become.   It’s like an Affliction T-Shirt wearing monster energy drinking Florida-Georgia line concert at Red Rocks while streaming a UFC fight on your megasized I-phone while standing on a Yeti1000.   I used to think Dodge trucks were most obnoxious in style, (the drivers still are), but I honestly think Chevy took the cake with their new styles.

Is it just me or is your typical Chevy fanboy the total opposite of who the execs are trying to marke with these styles?

• Like 5

Just now, greatmizzou said:

It’s like an Affliction T-Shirt wearing monster energy drinking Florida-Georgia line concert at Red Rocks while streaming a UFC fight on your megasized I-phone while standing on a Yeti1000.  

Aww hell, that sounds like fun.  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Styling across the board is changing to the future.

Trucks, SUVs and cars now look like Supercars did back in the day.

Just something we must grow accustomed to :troll:

"Supercars"! They're making them look more like "yuppie mobiles"!

Edited by steelcity

2 minutes ago, steelcity said:

"Supercars"! They're making them look more like "yuppie mobiles"!

yup·pie
noun
informalderogatory
A young person with a well-paid job and a fashionable lifestyle

It probably makes sense to style vehicles in a way that is attractive to people who are young, well paid, and have some sense of style. 
Edited by rkj__

1 hour ago, greatmizzou said:

Lord I can’t wait until style comes back full circle to minimalism.  I’ll admit this face is much better then the ugly one earlier.

I seriously detest everything these new trucks have become.   It’s like an Affliction T-Shirt wearing monster energy drinking Florida-Georgia line concert at Red Rocks while streaming a UFC fight on your megasized I-phone while standing on a Yeti1000.   I used to think Dodge trucks were most obnoxious in style, (the drivers still are), but I honestly think Chevy took the cake with their new styles.

Is it just me or is your typical Chevy fanboy the total opposite of who the execs are trying to marke with these styles?

1 hour ago, rkj__ said:

Aww hell, that sounds like fun.  lol

Those are usually the kind of guys I like hanging out with! This made me literally laugh out loud!

Edited by TyGriff13

1 hour ago, greatmizzou said:

I’ve been to a Florida Georgia Line concert, but the rest of that stuff I’ve barely heard of.  I do own a Yeti tumbler though, so maybe I am a Yuppie.

I like the new High Country and will probably own one as soon as finances allow.

This trim looks nice. The LT, not so much. The LTZ should be interesting, as well as the Sierra.

When I bought my Ford, it was mainly for the room and features. These new trucks have the room and some features, but will they have them all, and at what price point? GM doesn't have any trim to compete with a Platinum (Ford) or a Limited (Ram). The High Country and Denali would be comparable to the King Ranch and Laramie Longhorn.

Looks are secondary to performance and to me it's performance that matters.  The current 15-19s to me are pretty.  The wheels and the side step on the bed of the 20 is growing on me but it will take awhile  before I upgrade my 17. 

Edited by Princess_jamie

2 hours ago, Jollygreengiant said:

Yeah this looks better. 

Problem is the other front end that we have pics of isn't even the basic WT trim level, it's the LT. For Chevy 's biggest trim level, volume wise, too look like that?? Not good. 

Thankfully it will be mostly fleets buying the basic LT front end.  The guy doing fleet ordering for a company couldn't care less what the truck actually looks like... Well for Chevrolets sake that's hopefully what happens lol

On 12/6/2018 at 3:10 PM, greatmizzou said:

Don't forget the protein supplements!

But seriously, I'm about as far from that profile as it gets, and the look of this is growing on me,