Hello all, new to the forums.

For the last week or so, I've had an issue where my lane keep assist / forward collision alerts and braking does not work. I've had the truck for 3 months, 7k miles on it. Got it washed and looking all nice, then 2 days later the lane keep assist stopped working.  When I press the button on the center stack, the DIC reads "Lane Keep Assist System Unavailable". I noticed that the icon on the dash and the HUD are both missing now, acting like it has never been there.   I've drove through rain since (thinking maybe it was too thick of a car wash wax), but still nothing. I haven't had time to take it in to the dealer since it has been the holidays.  Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to get it back working?  I drive between Missouri and Indiana a lot, so I have been missing this feature.

Thanks for any help!

I have not heard of an update concerning these concerns but there was a User here that had similar symptoms and the Dealership was ordering a new front camera

that fits behind the rear view mirror. It was misaligned causing the system to deactivate.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I have not heard of an update concerning these concerns but there was a User here that had similar symptoms and the Dealership was ordering a new front camera that fits behind the rear view mirror. It was misaligned causing the system to deactivate.

There's an update. I was having issues with mine and they are fully rectified.  

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Just an update on the "update".

I made a 4 hour drive today, and the lane keep assist was cycling on and off. Same with rear traffic alert and the fact it thinks I have a trailer connected.

I guess back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the info guys!  KA0S, I was having the similar issue that you are having now, but in the past. That has stopped recently, but maybe all of the cycling of the truck caused something to kill it.  I'm hoping to take the truck in this weekend to the dealer, so I'll update once I hear what is going on!

46 minutes ago, tech2therescue said:

Thanks for the info guys!  KA0S, I was having the similar issue that you are having now, but in the past. That has stopped recently, but maybe all of the cycling of the truck caused something to kill it.  I'm hoping to take the truck in this weekend to the dealer, so I'll update once I hear what is going on!

Hi, Ben. We understand how frustrating this Lane Keep Assist concern must be for you. Please keep us updated regarding the status of your situation via private message. Our team is more than happy to work alongside your dealership as an additional layer of support.

Anthony J.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:14 PM, KA0S said:

Just an update on the "update".

I made a 4 hour drive today, and the lane keep assist was cycling on and off. Same with rear traffic alert and the fact it thinks I have a trailer connected.

I guess back to the drawing board.

I’m sorry to hear about your Lane Keep Assist issue, KA0S. If you need an additional layer of support, please PM us so we can notify our Canadian Customer Assistance Team. Thanks!

Anthony J.

• Like 1

Dropped the truck off at the dealership this morning. 8 hours later I finally heard that the camera is bad, and one has been ordered. About a week for shipping.
While I was there, there were 3 other TSB's to be taken care of.
The tech did diagnostics on the camera, reconfigured the camera, went for a test drive, then found more error codes.  Did this a couple times before finally deciding that it was done for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 12:24 PM, GMCustomerService said:

I’m sorry to hear about your Lane Keep Assist issue, KA0S. If you need an additional layer of support, please PM us so we can notify our Canadian Customer Assistance Team. Thanks!

Anthony J.

Anthony,

Do you also handle US areas? I bought my 2019 Denali Ultimate on 10/28/2019 and I have a whole host of issues, most of which are listed on this forum. I am an Engineer by trade, so out of habit I have kept a detailed log of each and every issue with the date they occurred. My dealership has tried to help, but their last response was that they had contacted GM Engineering and were awaiting a response. That was back toward the end of November of 2018 and I haven't heard anything since so I am assuming that they haven't heard anything either. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the path assist go crazy every time I was it it. It would sound alarms for an hour or so. Dealer loaded all updates, now I just get a message, park assist off multiple times. Chevy is covering up the issue. 

After all the updates, the lane assist will work once, then not again for a few miles. I also lost the center line on the backup camera. The two outer lines are there and a gap where the center line Was. Also, don’t get the tranny updated, shifts like a doggy Cadillac. 

• 6 months later...

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra and my lane assist works some of the time but the seats used to vibrate on the right and left sides depending on which way you were leaving the lane.  The vibrations no longer work so I took it to the dealer today.  They said they fixed it by adjusting the cameras.  Driving home the lane assist is marginal at best and the seat vibrated once and never again.  Back to the dealer again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue (2019 Denali) so I guess I'll take mine it at the next oil change. Thanks for the info 

As an aside.  We test drove a Tesla Model 3 for my wife this weekend.  That autopilot is awesome!  GM needs to step it up a few notches in that department. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2019 at 1:08 PM, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, Ben. We understand how frustrating this Lane Keep Assist concern must be for you. Please keep us updated regarding the status of your situation via private message. Our team is more than happy to work alongside your dealership as an additional layer of support.

Anthony J.

I just bought a 2020 Equinox. After only 200 miles that system went out. GM knows of this problem! Why haven't they fix it? Sure, they say sorry, just bring it in . I live 40 miles away. That's a 80 mile round trip and at least 4 hrs gone. This is why I buy foreign. I never have these problems with the Toyota's and Nissans.