I have a 2019 AT4, I do not know when my problem began, Installed a new step rear bumper and when testing everything I noticed that I was getting a " side detection temoraily unavailable" DIC warning intermittently. After checking the owners manual, it said that Upon starting my truck the two amber indicators in my outside rear view mirrors should light up, which is an indicator that the system is operating normally.  So I checked and they both lit up upon start up. But after a few miles of driving I would get the DIC read out again, and the system did not appear to be working, pressing the "lane assist" switch on the dash was not working either. Had my truck at the dealer for the latest recall soft ware updates, and after the update I noticed the  DIC side detection unavailable warning came on as soon as I started the truck and no longer were the amber indicators lights in the rear view mirror illuminating at all... This has now continued upon every start up......The service advisor told me two things, One that if there was a malfunction with this system, the DIC would not say unavailable, it would say it requires service, and 2, that my problem was most likely due to the fact that I had a tow hitch that was interfering with the system...Went home removed my hitch, and no change.....thought maybe it was a result somehow of my bumper change, but after reading here, believe it has nothing to do with my bumper change, as others with stock bumpers seem to have the same problem....verified all connections, have even ordered a new, on back order, Bumper Sensor control module object sensor, as I scratch one slightly when changing bumper, doubt its the problem but was worth a shot, we will see if any change when I get it........But I'm open to see if anyone has found a real solution or cause, I don't think its the camera in the center rear view mirror mount......could not locate any fuses that seem to be in this system to check either.......Thanks for any assistance

• 2 weeks later...

How is the lane keep warning supposed to work?

I have never been audibly notified about leaving my lane.  I have tested it.  If a lane is detected, I will get the green icon on my dash.  If I start to deviate, the icon will turn amber/orange, and the steering will gently try to steer me back in my lane, which is definitely noticeable if I take my hands off of the steering wheel.  If I cross the lane markings, the icon will disappear.  Not once have I ever been audibly alerted.  Is this right?  Watching the Chevrolet Tahoe Police Pursuit Vehicle demonstration, there is definitely an audible alert present.  By the way, I do have my alert set to audible rather than seat vibration.

Just got my 2019 Silverado ltz out of the dealership after having 5 recalls addressed, oil change and tire rotation. My lane assist switch will not work. No DIC warning but the system is definitely inoperable. The service manager is test driving it right now. He is telling me it has to recalibrate after every oil change. I have had 2 previous oil changes and nothing needed to be recalibrated. We'll see when he returns. 

23 minutes ago, Utahfrank said:

Just got my 2019 Silverado ltz out of the dealership after having 5 recalls addressed, oil change and tire rotation. My lane assist switch will not work. No DIC warning but the system is definitely inoperable. The service manager is test driving it right now. He is telling me it has to recalibrate after every oil change. I have had 2 previous oil changes and nothing needed to be recalibrated. We'll see when he returns. 

He's wrong.  It's the recalls that screwed it up.  They have to now put it in relearn mode and hope for the best.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Utahfrank said:

Lebag335 is correct. One of the recalls caused the problem with the front camera and the tech just needs to place the front windshield camera into relearn mode. Keep the vehicle on a well marked road and the speed > 36mph for the camera to calibrate. takes about 15 mins for the camera to adjust.

Having changed my oil a few times, and reset the oil duration DIC monitor, I can assure you its not the cause of the lane assist problems many of us are having......I too believe it has something to do with one or more of the recall software updates, I believe I have now had 9 of them, and I never noticed a problem until they were done......I know one had to do with the front cameras, and one had something to do with the bumper sensors.....after,  my side proximity sensors read, " system temporarily unavailable" on my DIC......Now its saying " this  same system needs servicing, every time I start my truck.......I plan on taking it back to the dealer to address this, when time permits, and I may take all the pages from this web site with me, that address this same complaint

If one of the recalls had to do with a front camera, that's the only camera that there is behind the rear view mirror.  This camera is for the lane keep assist, and intellilamp high beam control I believe.

The round, circular sensor next to the camera on the windshield is for the rain sensing windshield wipers, if you have those as well.

Just started having this as well after getting the recalls done. I get no error or message it just simply won't let you turn of collision alerts or lane keeping assist. I'm also having the parking sensors randomly showing stuff is about to hit me when I'm not near anything no idea if this is related. 

Had the vehicle 2 months now, between the 5 recalls, 2 separate infotainment issues and this kind of starting to regret the purchase. I know stuff goes wrong and that is what warranty is for but I'm having to take it to the dealer every other week.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

Just started having this as well after getting the recalls done. I get no error or message it just simply won't let you turn of collision alerts or lane keeping assist. I'm also having the parking sensors randomly showing stuff is about to hit me when I'm not near anything no idea if this is related. 

Had the vehicle 2 months now, between the 5 recalls, 2 separate infotainment issues and this kind of starting to regret the purchase. I know stuff goes wrong and that is what warranty is for but I'm having to take it to the dealer every other week.  

I don't know what to tell you but even with all of the frustrations I do enjoy my GM full size SUV.  I hope that everything can be worked out for you in the end.

20 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

I don't know what to tell you but even with all of the frustrations I do enjoy my GM full size SUV.  I hope that everything can be worked out for you in the end.

Thanks. I like the vehicle a lot just ready for a stretch with no problems. I had to deal with the lemon law process for a ford with major transmission issues before this, nothing but problems, meanwhile my wife's mazda has had 1 recall and no other issues at all for 2 years. I'm just ready to stop seeing dealers for a while. Hopefully this will be the last time for a while. If not for the problems it's an awesome truck. 

12 hours ago, Mikedfw said:

The Dealership just needs to follow the procedure to place the Front Camera in Learn mode so while you are out driving on a well marked road going > 36mph, the camera will calibrate. The dealership needs to clear codes for this to happen.

12 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

The Dealership just needs to follow the procedure to place the Front Camera in Learn mode so while you are out driving on a well marked road going > 36mph, the camera will calibrate. The dealership needs to clear codes for this to happen.

Thanks,  at least sounds like an easy fix