6.2L Yes or No

I’ll just say, I got the 6.2 because I wanted too. I’m at a point in life that if I want and can afford something I get it. I live within my means, saved my money when I built my nest egg and so I’m good with it. I have toys and don’t mind saying I drive a Honda Civic too! If just hearing it start makes me happy, it was worth it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SierraAT4 said:

I can guarantee you that the $2500 extra for the 6.2 will depreciate slower than any other money spent on the truck.

And it's not just about the larger engine with the additional horsepower and towing capacity...it's also about the 10 speed transmission. 

The post from Grumpy Bear is just absurd though. As if people are assessing their vehicles based on the theoretical G forces they can produce at maximum output! It's all about ease of acceleration Grumpy Bear, I don't see many people drag racing their lifted pickups. And no, the 5.3 doesn't accelerate as easy as the 6.2.

Theory is a best guess. Physics, a law, is something it has no choice in.  Unlike man's laws that can be broken or bent God's are exact and unmovable. Absurdity is not knowing the difference.  If you think otherwise then step off a cliff and defy gravity. Calculating your impact force is a given. That said....believe as you wish and stay away from hot stoves....please

• Like 1

Nothing I said suggests in any way that I'm attempting to subvert the laws of physics. You create silly strawmen and then act as if you're somehow clever or wise. You completely ignored the substance of my comment and instead responded to some other argument you're attempting to place into my mouth.

But feel free to bloviate away, it's enjoyable to watch this level of arrogance mixed with ignorance. 

Lot's of incorrect info in here. You will hear people spew stuff to try and justify their purchase or sell you on it. Words such as fun, lethargic, better mpg or saying the 5.3 can't merge on to an on ramp... What?

Truth is the 6.2 doesn't get better mpg than the 5.3, simple tests have shown it and it is plain physics. The 6.2 truck isn't fast, it will get walked on by a V6 Camry, ohh muscle truck! Not... It isn't more fun, still the same sloppy handling boating riding high truck that stops the same and turns the same. The 6.2 comes down to two things, either you genuinely need the extra power for towing (it doesn't get significantly better mpg, TFL truck shower one tenth) or you have to further justify your purchase to everyone by saying you have a 6.2 4wd lifted truck on BFG KO's and think you are fast (remember the Hemi truck guys or Tundra guys when they thought they were fast?). 

The 6.2 might depreciate a little slower, not enough to notice a big difference in 5/10/15 years when you go to sell it. That is easily offset by the added up front costs, gas costs (including mpg), financing, insurance and so on. Completely up to you if you think it is worth it. Is the bigger motor a little more enjoyable to put the loud pedal down? Sure, but it isn't some massive difference than a 5.3 truck. On top of that the 5.3 can take E85 which gives it another 30 hp or so which the 6.2 can't. Your decision, my 5.3 runs just fine, if I want to go fast that is what the GTO is for. Enjoy the decision, it will be a great truck either way!

Tyler

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

As stated in an earlier post it all depends upon your needs/wants and mainly your personal financial situation.  If you have a lot of extra disposable income get the 6.2, it WILL be more fun to drive......... pretty much simple as that.

If cash is tight buy a Toyota Prius (aka Penalty Box) that will learn U as cowboy Randy would say.       

• Thanks 1

An older article but the 6.2 can and does get the same mpg as the 5.3 empty and better mpg towing. Probably different now but it can't be that significant.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/01/texas-truck-showdown-2016-towing-mileage-test.html

With that said the 5.3 has plenty of power. When it came out in 99 with 275hp it had plenty of guts and never did I once say it was underpowered. The new ones are even better especially with the 8 speed behind it, get what you want they are both good motors. Like someone else said, if you go chasing horsepower in a truck be prepared to be beat by stock Camaros, mustangs, accords, Camrys, etc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I ordered an LTZ and wanted the 6.2, there was never a question in my mind.   It is nice to know there is power on tap if needed.   I have driven a lot of different vehicles and the worst feeling is to step on the gas and feeling nothing happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoothie said:

I ordered an LTZ and wanted the 6.2, there was never a question in my mind.   It is nice to know there is power on tap if needed.   I have driven a lot of different vehicles and the worst feeling is to step on the gas and feeling nothing happening.

Congratulations on your soon to be 2019 LTZ Z71 with the 6.2!

• Thanks 2

No regrets. Always want a bigger boat. Always want bigger tires. Always want more horsepower. Always want to see bigger boobs. With a 6.2, you can pull a bigger boat easily, have bigger tires, have more horsepower and bigger boobs come with the above 6.2. Warning, you may have to pay for the bigger boobs. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, thepcsurgeon said:

No regrets. Always want a bigger boat. Always want bigger tires. Always want more horsepower. Always want to see bigger boobs. With a 6.2, you can pull a bigger boat easily, have bigger tires, have more horsepower and bigger boobs come with the above 6.2. Warning, you may have to pay for the bigger boobs. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site, good motto for life, and well played on the addition of boobs to the post!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SierraAT4 said:

Nothing I said suggests in any way that I'm attempting to subvert the laws of physics. You create silly strawmen and then act as if you're somehow clever or wise. You completely ignored the substance of my comment and instead responded to some other argument you're attempting to place into my mouth.

But feel free to bloviate away, it's enjoyable to watch this level of arrogance mixed with ignorance. 

BULL and I quote, "It's all about ease of acceleration Grumpy Bear"

What this statement says is that  250 hp. delivered by a 6.2 is somehow able to accelerate the same mass with some SENSORY perception or FEEL of greater ease or quantitatively to a GREATER RATE of acceleration than 250 hp. delivered by a 4.3. That sir is ignorance.  That was my statement which you called, what was that again? Absurd? I placed nothing in your mouth. Your error is your own. I most assuredly noted that when I addressed the fact the a quarter G of acceleration is quite brisk and that additional rates where inappropriate for the streets. In that; it doesn't matter if you 6.2 makes 1,000 hp and a half ton of torque. A quarter G is a quarter G no matter how much excess you have on tap. IN fact I flat out call you a liar if you summit that your normal mode of operation is quicker than a 4.3 held to the matt continuously. That is what you are trying to make us believe. You have to exceed that limit to make your statement true. 

There is nothing arrogant about understanding something you are ignorant of and the ability to explain it. That sir is education. One any bright eight grade has.

As for the rest I see you failed debate as well as physics. I would have addressed the 'substance' of your comment had there been any. There is a strawman :lol: 

• Like 1