Solo performance or Corsa

I have an 18 5.3 CCSB that I’m wanting to put some more rumble into. I like the dual tips exit behind the rear tire setup. I would love to hear from people who have experience with either of these two manufacturer cat-backs?

Just put my second Corsa on, this one on my 2019 Silverado LD 1500 (same body as your 2018).  Corsa all the way for me.  Mine's the Sport, side exit behind the tire with the twin exit tip in Chrome.  For what its worth, the Chevrolet Performance cat back (not the GM/Borla ones) are made by Corsa.  They use a Touring muffler, and have a single tip behind the tire.  All the more reason I chose the Corsa.     

I've installed 2 Solo Performance exhausts.  The price is right on them, the J-tubes are an interesting setup.  Most recent was a 2015 Charger RT.  Does drone a bit in spots, otherwise sounds good.  I'm not the biggest fan of the goofy clamps they use.   

Edited by newdude

On 3/31/2019 at 9:16 PM, Stonehenge said:

Corsa sport on my 5.3 sounds amazing!  If you plan to do long tubes in future its too much.  But just cat back with stock manifolds I think it is the best sounding cat back out there

I plan to keep it with just the cat-back, and your response of the Corsa sound seems to be the general consensus! Thanks!

17 hours ago, newdude said:

Just put my second Corsa on, this one on my 2019 Silverado LD 1500 (same body as your 2018).  Corsa all the way for me.  Mine's the Sport, side exit behind the tire with the twin exit tip in Chrome.  For what its worth, the Chevrolet Performance cat back (not the GM/Borla ones) are made by Corsa.  They use a Touring muffler, and have a single tip behind the tire.  All the more reason I chose the Corsa.     

I've installed 2 Solo Performance exhausts.  The price is right on them, the J-tubes are an interesting setup.  Most recent was a 2015 Charger RT.  Does drone a bit in spots, otherwise sounds good.  I'm not the biggest fan of the goofy clamps they use.   

Yeah I know the Corsa has the built in sound cancellation to get rid of the drone, and from what I can gather that's the reason for the j-pipes on the Solo system. 

Kind of concerning if you still got drone on a Solo system, and I'm not familiar with what clamps Solo uses what kind are they?

4 hours ago, All Terrain said:

I plan to keep it with just the cat-back, and your response of the Corsa sound seems to be the general consensus! Thanks!

Yeah I know the Corsa has the built in sound cancellation to get rid of the drone, and from what I can gather that's the reason for the j-pipes on the Solo system. 

Kind of concerning if you still got drone on a Solo system, and I'm not familiar with what clamps Solo uses what kind are they?

They use those wide band clamps like this: 

Image result for wide band clamp

I find them odd personally.  Solo systems tend to be same size pipe butting up to same size pipe. 

On 4/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, All Terrain said:

Thanks for all the replies, I ordered a Corsa sport system last night.

I've been running in the same circles as everyone else and the Corsa Sport seems to be the right choice.  Please let us know how it works out.  My main concern is the system being too loud where I feel like I'm driving a muscle car all of the time.  If you plan on installing it yourself let us know what problems you run into (if any!)  Good luck!  

2 hours ago, glendon66 said:

I've been running in the same circles as everyone else and the Corsa Sport seems to be the right choice.  Please let us know how it works out.  My main concern is the system being too loud where I feel like I'm driving a muscle car all of the time.  If you plan on installing it yourself let us know what problems you run into (if any!)  Good luck!  

I have the Corsa Sport as well. A bit louder than stock on cold start up but once it idles down its not loud. Same for driving. Levels of sound in the cab hardly increase while cruising. Sound is fatastic when going WOT. Install is a breeze. Had mine on in less than 2 hours. I polish my dual tips monthly and they look brand new. Rear side exit just like from the factory.

On 4/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, CombsL83 said:

I have the Corsa Sport as well. A bit louder than stock on cold start up but once it idles down its not loud. Same for driving. Levels of sound in the cab hardly increase while cruising. Sound is fatastic when going WOT. Install is a breeze. Had mine on in less than 2 hours. I polish my dual tips monthly and they look brand new. Rear side exit just like from the factory.

Thanks for this info.  I've had the Corsa Sport sitting in my shopping cart for a few days and just can't quite get over a) the price and b) how loud the cold start seems to be.  I have a great local muffler shop and I think my next step is to go see what direction they'll push me in.  I'm sure they've done hundreds of these trucks and maybe they'll have a <$500 solution that I would be happy with.  

• 2 weeks later...

So I was able to install my sport system the other day. Man does it sound good.

I'm completely happy with my choice. It is pretty loud on a could start but mellows way down after a minute. It's nice to actually hear my truck as I drive around, I'm usually a casual driver and only ever go WOT if I'm getting on a busy road with traffic and I have to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great choice! If I didn't care about my neighbors I would also rock a Corsa Sport. I'm actually getting the itch now to replace my GMPP Borla. But that start up is so loud!