Stock 400 Watt Inverter

My AT4 has a 400 watt inverter (stock) that is shared between the plug in the center console and a plug in the bed.  It's nice to have the extra amps.

Does anyone know the specs of this inverter?  Is it a modified sine wave, or a pure sine wave inverter? 

I see the previous gen stock trucks with the option only had a modified sine wave 100 watt inverter.

Thanks! 

It doesn't seem like it can handle that much, a basic power tool or an air pump but that's about it.   I tried to plug in a kids baseball pitching machine to it and it wouldn't do a thing with that.   Oh well. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2019 at 7:00 PM, HondaHawkGT said:

Yeah 400 watts isn't much. Pump for an air mattress, phone charger, power tool battery charger, small radio, mini air compressor, etc. Don't plan on running a shop vac or microwave off of it.

The last line here sums it all up. Because that is what every guy thinks when they see the plug on the dash.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

So I have a 2021 trail boss with out the inverter or factory plugs im wanting to buy an inverter and purchase the factory plugs to install in bed and cab but what size inverter should i buy wanting to be able to power a circular saw ect. 2000 watt or more ?

• 2 weeks later...

Some portable refrigerators are under 3 amps but the inverter can’t handle the compressor startup. Has anyone tried replacing the stock inverter with a pure sine wave inverter or using a soft start so that a small fridge could be powered from the bed outlet?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/9/2021 at 11:36 AM, SJ4591 said:

Some portable refrigerators are under 3 amps but the inverter can’t handle the compressor startup. Has anyone tried replacing the stock inverter with a pure sine wave inverter or using a soft start so that a small fridge could be powered from the bed outlet?

All of the portable refrigerators I've looked at lately have a 12v adapter that plugs into a cigarette lighter. They state 60w of power at ~115v which is about 1/2 amp and it's about 5 amps at 12v. These 12v plug-ins are usually fused for 10-20 amps. I guess at 60w you could use 12v or 120v in our trucks.

Edited by Davew277
  • Like 1