Should have got a 6.2, sell or supercharge.

1 minute ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Thought about it. Still think OP will be angry when his supercharged twin turbo 5.3 craps itself in 30k and will whine it isn't a Duramax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

His money, his truck. 

Sure would fun fun while it lasted??

7 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

I can only try and talk some sense. Try as you might, you can't make an orange be more like a banana. But you can make one hell of a mess in all the trying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

You tried my friend, 

Now time to knock on the next door and try to save that lost soul????

• Like 1

OP, if you want to Supercharge or Turbo it then go ahead. There is nothing wrong with having some horsepower in a truck. If you build it correctly, you can have reliability and decent gas mileage and never look back. Go for it! :thumbs:

9 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

I've driven Chevy 1500s my whole driving life. The 5.3 L83 is a pretty strong engine for the platform. It's not going to be like a Duramax. It isn't supposed to be! emoji849.png The 6.2 is gonna be a letdown as well, it isn't a Duramax either.

stock for stock a 6.2 is much faster than a dmax...

• Like 1

OP, if you want to Supercharge or Turbo it then go ahead. There is nothing wrong with having some horsepower in a truck. If you build it correctly, you can have reliability and decent gas mileage and never look back. Go for it! :thumbs:
Agree my gf drove it and was scared of it. NEVER got into boost. She said if just feels like a powerful truck. I told her it hasn't done anything yet, floor it. She tried but didn't only few psi. Then said oh I like that for a big truck it moves good. Oh and driving easy on expressway I get 19.8mph that's not bad on a crew cab 612hp truck with 24" wheels. Around the house I get 12.7. But I have 32 all sports lakes in my city so stop and go.
I set my throttle and shift demand to in low gear upshift if under 30% throttle.
Sound like you may be a supercharger type guy. Coming from a dmax. 500+whp is alot different then stock. Because of the torque management. More like no torque.
If is something stupid like over 4000rpm for 4 seconds with 100% throttle demand....then and only then may you have true full power. All other times it is reduced. And that right there is your complaint. Start with unlocking the power you have then add power as needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Agree my gf drove it and was scared of it. NEVER got into boost. She said if just feels like a powerful truck. I told her it hasn't done anything yet, floor it. She tried but didn't only few psi. Then said oh I like that for a big truck it moves good. Oh and driving easy on expressway I get 19.8mph that's not bad on a crew cab 612hp truck with 24" wheels. Around the house I get 12.7. But I have 32 all sports lakes in my city so stop and go.
I set my throttle and shift demand to in low gear upshift if under 30% throttle.
Sound like you may be a supercharger type guy. Coming from a dmax. 500+whp is alot different then stock. Because of the torque management. More like no torque.
If is something stupid like over 4000rpm for 4 seconds with 100% throttle demand....then and only then may you have true full power. All other times it is reduced. And that right there is your complaint. Start with unlocking the power you have then add power as needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Where are the pics of your truck? Ive never seen them??

I’ve done performance mods to every truck I’ve owned. Gas and diesel. I needed them for work. I wasn’t going to drive a dog 50K miles a year. I have a 27 year old stoked blown truck. The engine has been refreshed one time. It’s not the mods that reduce reliability, it’s the right foot. I never had down time from mods. It may be age or experience, I’m satisfied with truck horsepower theses days, drivability is where the work is needed. Tunes take care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Sound like a bunch of old grumpy jackasses in this thread mixed in with a few handy responses. Crap, people, lay off the dude and let him do to his truck what he wants. He never said he wanted dmax performance. He doesn’t want a 1,000 hp drag queen either. He wants a fun truck to drive around. As do most of us. I bet y’all are a fun bunch to hang around with lol

To the OP sounds like a tune is in your future. I just came out of the warranty on my 1500 and I’ll be doing the same eventually. It’s good to know how well these things respond to some minor bolt ons. I haven’t researched it for more than 5 minutes up until now.

• Like 2

Interesting thread. Most sensible reply IMHO. 

45 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve done performance mods to every truck I’ve owned. Gas and diesel. I needed them for work. I wasn’t going to drive a dog 50K miles a year. I have a 27 year old stoked blown truck. The engine has been refreshed one time. It’s not the mods that reduce reliability, it’s the right foot. I never had down time from mods. It may be age or experience, I’m satisfied with truck horsepower theses days, drivability is where the work is needed. Tunes take care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

My money is on the OP not doing any of what he said he’s gonna do. He won’t sell it and he won’t mod it. 

Thread over

That's right.

Talk is cheap. Not many guys have the balls to lay down the coin for a supercharger and I say the OP is no different.