My 2017 Sierra had a 2" Motofab front level installed by a local accessory shop, and I had unresolved noises and issues which were troubleshooted by the installing shop and my dealership until I got rid of the truck. 

I traded the truck for a 2019 AT4 and am now very hesitant to level a brand new truck.

My dealership is recommending they install the Pro Comp 63235 for $875.  They even have a few trucks on the lot with this kit installed.  Dealer says they will stand by factory warranty if they do the work, but Pro Comp says this kit is not rated for the AT4, so I am hesitant to go this route. 

The local accessory shop is quoting the only kit made for the AT4 - Rough Country Sku: 1318 for $350. 

My end goal is to level the front and go with 295/65/20 (35.1") or 295/60/20 (33.9") Nitto Ridge Grapplers, but my concerns are warranty and sacrificing ride quality.  The noises and constantly chasing issues made me hate driving my previous truck. 

Has anyone ever been denied OEM warranty work due to an after market front level?  Rough Country says to contact them immediately if this would be the case, but the "Warranty Guard" fine print looks like the beginning of a run-around.  I appreciate any thoughts and experiences. 

I realize you posted this a couple of days ago but (in my personal opinion) anytime you mod a vehicle you may as well kiss the warranty for the car goodbye..

I've known people that have purchased vehicles with lifts/levels from the dealer only to have the dealership sell to a new owner and then they couldnt get support on the lift and the dealer wouldnt honor warranty claims. Could they fight it in court, probably...

I've know people that have issues with completely unrelated sections of the car to the mod and warranty claims have been denied. It doesnt matter if there is legal protection with Magnussun and Moss. The manufacturer will take you to court, cost you an arm and a leg and bury you with lawyers.

In the end, many people will argue and claim they've had no trouble with getting mods covered. The reality is that getting mods covered comes down to the technician, dealership and or GM on any given day. You could get it covered or you could be out of luck. Thats a pretty big risk. 

The only "safe" route for modding is to buy mods from a company that offer legal services like BDS ( or at least did at one time) that will help you fight the manufacturer or you can buy mods that have their own warranty like Dinan does for BMW.  If you want a level, I would wait until BDS releases one (if they release one at all).

Edited by Chris walker

I'm pretty sure this is your 3rd or 4th post about this in different threads..... 

At this point the only solution for YOU is the dealer installed kit... It'll be the only one that will give you the warranty piece of mind...  If the dealer installs it (and the manufacturer says its not for the AT4) and they say they will stand by the warranty that's on the dealer . Just get it in writing....

As mentioned plenty of times  in this forum, hundreds of owners are running level kits with no issues... they are cheap, if you run into an issue remove it...  Can we put this to bed now?   

1 hour ago, NHAT4 said:

I'm pretty sure this is your 3rd or 4th post about this in different threads..... 

At this point the only solution for YOU is the dealer installed kit... It'll be the only one that will give you the warranty piece of mind...  If the dealer installs it (and the manufacturer says its not for the AT4) and they say they will stand by the warranty that's on the dealer . Just get it in writing....

As mentioned plenty of times  in this forum, hundreds of owners are running level kits with no issues... they are cheap, if you run into an issue remove it...  Can we put this to bed now?   

Now that we have feedback, sure. 

• 2 months later...

In my experience, most dealerships dont care about the mods unless its gonna blatantly get tehm in trouble with GM.  They are getting paid to do the repair by GM so its all money into their pocket.  No reason for them to mess with you unless they have to. 

$875 is an insane price for a level kit to me.  Also 2.25 is too much for an AT4.  I think folks are doing 1.5 max.   

4wheelaparts runs level kit specials where they will install it and align it for $300.  That is a solid deal there if you can find it.

If you have a problem, I would take off the spacer and plead ignorant.