Air conditioner too weak?

Setting of Lo, blower all the way up, seems to take forever to cool off the truck. Even after airing it out. I’m only in Wisconsin too, what about people in truly warm states?

My Tacoma would get so cold you could see your breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Controller23 said:

Setting of Lo, blower all the way up, seems to take forever to cool off the truck. Even after airing it out. I’m only in Wisconsin too, what about people in truly warm states?

You have to share the A/C with the people in the back seat now. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

^ He isn't wrong. Since trucks don't have a separate rear system like the SUV's it takes away some of the power and efficiency from the front vents to power the inefficient rear vents. That is why all the complaints on not having rear vents and people being "hot" back there was comical with the K2's. The air coming out the back is warmer and moving much slower than what is shot out of the front vents. I have no doubt unless they made some significant changes to the system that the K2's are better at cooling the cab and rear passengers than the T1's. Every truck I have been in the rear vents were trickling out air that made my knee feel good, that was it. Being in Texas my truck cools off well and the rear passengers are fine, tons of cold air is coming out of the four front vents.

Is there a way to close the rear vents?

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

I'm in NC where it gets hot and humid. I have no complaints about the A/C in my 19. I also remote start my truck 99% of the time, so it's already nice and cool by the time I hop in. 

My 2015 Yukon cooled much faster than my Trail Boss. I never had to turn the fan speed up past half way even on the hottest days here in Florida. I regularly turn the fan speed to the fastest setting in my Trail Boss.

The Yukon has a separate evaporator and controls for the rear seats and the Silverado does not.

3 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

I have no doubt unless they made some significant changes to the system that the K2's are better at cooling the cab and rear passengers than the T1's

Not so.  The amount of air that comes out of both my front vents and the ones in the rear is very adequate and cold. Much improved over my 15

4 hours ago, Controller23 said:

Mine is currently in the shop with an Evaporator leak that has rendered the system ineffective. And yes, the evaporator requires the dash to be removed! I have 2,300 miles and I'm already pissed off that I went with the Silverado. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, BlackLS said:

My 2015 Yukon cooled much faster than my Trail Boss. I never had to turn the fan speed up past half way even on the hottest days here in Florida. I regularly turn the fan speed to the fastest setting in my Trail Boss.

The Yukon has a separate evaporator and controls for the rear seats and the Silverado does not.

The high fan speed helps move air around better but the air is not as cold with the blower on high as the air is rushing through the evaporator too fast. The lower the fan speed the colder the air will be out of the vents. Don't turn the recirculate on if your truck has been sitting in the hot sun all day because on recirculate it's sucking the 120° interior temp through the system taking it that much longer to cool down. With recirculate off the system is sucking the outside air instead of the hot cabin air. Once the interior cools down, then turn the recirculate on. It'll stay cold and run more efficient because the cabin air is cool and is recirculating.

• Like 2