3.0L Duramax - who owns or has driven one

Just checked with gm chat and my  LT with the 3.0 is sitting on a rail car 300 miles from dealer. Looks like I should be in possession of it sometime next week. Ordered this on 11/13, was built on 12/17 arrived in Fairfax, KS on 12/28. Fastest new vehicle order ever for me.

5 hours ago, Booger T said:

Just checked with gm chat and my  LT with the 3.0 is sitting on a rail car 300 miles from dealer. Looks like I should be in possession of it sometime next week. Ordered this on 11/13, was built on 12/17 arrived in Fairfax, KS on 12/28. Fastest new vehicle order ever for me.

Congrats !!!

My 3.0 RST Loaded with goodies was built on 12/20 and should be in about 3 days after yours.  It has been a great experience thus far for me too.    Central Arkansas area.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, becker87 said:

Will be driving for Christmas over the next few days and will report back with mileage. Here is my truck today hauling my tractor around, had it squatting a little83b271b45b19e84594d19f610a44b375.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

damn that looks awesome

I have some to the conclusion #1 diesel drops mileage 3-4 compared to #2 and larger more aggressive tires takes about the same off. Trying to run a 50/50 blend now and that seems to be a bit better so far.

Last weekend driving for Christmas went a little over 300 miles round trip. Was running straight #1 with a speed of 70-80 and probably around 40 total minutes just idling letting the truck warm up before I load my daughter (3 separate times). On the tank still averaged 20 mpg. Switch that to #2 diesel and I see that going to 23-24 pretty easy

We just picked up our 2020 Sierra 1500 Denali diesel today. For the 70 miles we've driven it, we are happy with the purchase.  I really wanted the SLT with X31, but when we drove it and then the Denali with Ultimate (both diesels) my wife really liked the ride on the Denali better.  Since she will drive it more than myself, I felt that was the way to go.  This will be our 3 diesel in the family with the other 2 being Audi's. For some reason, I really like them (along with the vastly superior fuel economy).

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:40 PM, becker87 said:

I have some to the conclusion #1 diesel drops mileage 3-4 compared to #2 and larger more aggressive tires takes about the same off. Trying to run a 50/50 blend now and that seems to be a bit better so far.

Last weekend driving for Christmas went a little over 300 miles round trip. Was running straight #1 with a speed of 70-80 and probably around 40 total minutes just idling letting the truck warm up before I load my daughter (3 separate times). On the tank still averaged 20 mpg. Switch that to #2 diesel and I see that going to 23-24 pretty easy

Where are you getting #2 diesel? If your in ND your definitely getting winter blend. Cetane is too low. Check out Optilube, kick your lubricity up and you cetane and you'll get better MPGs. #2 is going to plug your DPF DON'T run #2, these engines are ULSF ONLY! Dealer will void your warranty.

Where are you getting #2 diesel? If your in ND your definitely getting winter blend. Cetane is too low. Check out Optilube, kick your lubricity up and you cetane and you'll get better MPGs. #2 is going to plug your DPF DON'T run #2, these engines are ULSF ONLY! Dealer will void your warranty.
#2 is also ULSD. Up here there are a few different kinds of diesel available, all safe for use. #1, #2, blended, and Cenex up here also has a few special blends of their own. Difference between them are gelling points, cetane ratings, additives, and if course cost

9 hours ago, yousaveone said:

It is illegal to manufacture or sell in the us or canada any diesel that is not ULSD.

(there was a time during the conversion of the fuel supply when both LSD and ULSD were available; road fuels were changed first)

Even coloured 'off road fuel' is ULSD.  Dye is just (now) used to indicate whether the road tax was paid. 

Yes, there is diesel that is not ULSD available in parts of Mexico.

Edited by redwngr