Dented cab frame

So had the truck just over a week now and not sure how i missed this but the rear corner of the cab has 2 dents. Instantly thought the bed put them there at some point but no damage to the bed.   Should i worry about this? Dont insurance companies normally write off vehicles for any damage to the frame of the cab.

7B64952C-1B93-4F48-B4D2-E35F35EFE80F.jpeg

B02104FE-9342-4512-A7FC-3215A2184A84.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the frame is under the car,,,,,that looks like a dent in the (egg)shell of the cab and can be body worked and repainted with no permanent harm to the vehicle structure.

Looks like damage from a screw-up during assembly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

I'm pretty sure the frame is under the car,,,,,that looks like a dent in the (egg)shell of the cab and can be body worked and repainted with no permanent harm to the vehicle structure.

Looks like damage from a screw-up during assembly.

The cab has a structural frame as well. Got into an accident with my first car and it had a small dent like that on the pillar and it was an automatic write off. How the left dent is bowed out is what concerns me more,  

Assembly or perhaps transport, the dealer or GM may have seen this before even though I would think it's quite uncommon. They should follow the bread crumbs trail back through transport (rail and/or truck) to final assembly to find the cause. Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like that pinch is in a welded seam.  Hope they do right by you Snakes.

14 minutes ago, garagerog said:

Assembly or perhaps transport, the dealer or GM may have seen this before even though I would think it's quite uncommon. They should follow the bread crumbs trail back through transport (rail and/or truck) to final assembly to find the cause. Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like that pinch is in a welded seam.  Hope they do right by you Snakes.

Thats just it, what is the right thing?  This gonna effect structural integrity? Or am i over thinking it.  I mean if im over thinking it, ill settle with body filler and paint.  But if its gonna effect the integrity, i would want a new truck or new cab.  

Think of all the crumble zones these engineers have to design into a vehicle, a small dent in an outside panel ain't going to compromise anything.

But I'd still be talking to the dealership about why that wasn't caught before you bought it.

13 hours ago, Snakes709 said:

So had the truck just over a week now and not sure how i missed this but the rear corner of the cab has 2 dents. Instantly thought the bed put them there at some point but no damage to the bed.   Should i worry about this? Dont insurance companies normally write off vehicles for any damage to the frame of the cab.

7B64952C-1B93-4F48-B4D2-E35F35EFE80F.jpeg

B02104FE-9342-4512-A7FC-3215A2184A84.jpeg

Where are these dents exactly?

13 hours ago, Snakes709 said:

Dont insurance companies normally write off vehicles for any damage to the frame of the cab.

I agree that this is not a structural issue, purely cosmetic. Hopefully it gets fixed. in the mean time, here's some humor about write-offs I thought of when I read your post.

• Like 1