I recently purchased a '17 Silverado Hd 2500 Duramax, and I swear it has been back to the dealer more than I've had ( exaggeration ). But more recently I have developed

the same issue with hard vibration at highway speeds, feeling like the steering wheel is about to come free. I literally just got the truck back yesterday , only to find out that they

pretty much just let my vehicle sit for two days while they did nothing to it at all.  I brought the mechanic out for a ride, bc they state they can't reproduce the issue. 

Took the guy out on I-95 and punched it.. ( frustration ) , within a second, the steering wheel was all over the place. The mechanics reaction was to say that was normal....

I called my fleet mechanic, said he knows what the issue is , and will order the new gearbox .... If GM knows of this issue, Why are dealerships so difficult to get to do the work?

( Delray Buick Gmc )

Dealerships have to cover a large variation of repairs and often times struggle to find qualified skills to cover the needed repairs.

I refer people with vibration to a drive terrain shop, transmission issues to a transmission shop and engine issues to an engine shop.

Dealerships will have 1 maybe 2 techs that can do diagnosis or alignment's and one is usually in training. In general most tech are nit aware of any TSBs as they work on all makes and models and cannot remeber every vehicals recal. This is why your truck will sit for days waiting for them to become available.

Companies policy is to accept all work under any work load.

Edited by Mikebtte
Words

Dealerships have to cover a large variation of repairs and often times struggle to find qualified skills to cover the needed repairs.
I refer people with vibration to a drive terrain shop, transmission issues to a transmission shop and engine issues to an engine shop.
Dealerships will have 1 maybe 2 techs that can do diagnosis or alignment's and one is usually in training. In general most tech are nit aware of any TSBs as they work on all makes and models and cannot remeber every vehicals recal. This is why your truck will sit for days waiting for them to become available.

So I took my 2015 back with 60,000 miles because it was a certified used truck. 1 inch of play in steering and couldn’t keep it in a straight line. Took it back to Howard Bentley in albertville al d0497403efb960851af7c267c1389369.jpgfe40edaee4f4c195b74ff914031282eb.jpg5aca4ca06b7802b7aaeb98afc421fa98.jpgf3890a3aaefafab1bfe6fdd69d9587a2.jpgwhere it was purchased. They adjusted the steering box. I couldn’t even keep it on the road, as now it was so tight with the same play. Drove back to the campground, because I was on vacation, with a loud hissing noise coming from the vehicle. The tech forgot to tighten the clamp back on the intercooler, which blew off the next morning going fishing. I spent half a day on my vacation removing the inner fender and putting the pipe back on!!!!!! They didn’t have a tech to send out!!!! They also topped off the def!!!! Smdh!!!!! As you can see spilled the s@“@ everywhere and didn’t bother to clean it up!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

I respect the service guys at the dealership I bring my vehicle to. A little background. Purchased vehicle on 5/1 with 66k on odometer. Purchased the extended Zurich warranty  ( bumper to bumper ).

Within the first week, the driver's side UBJ failed,  so they replaced the upper ball joint, and control arm. Upon leaving dealership I noticed a knock on the passenger side.. Scheduled an appointment,

brought it back the replaced the pitman arm.. pick up the following week get on highway and truck is all over the road.. bring back yet again.. they replaced the steering assembly .. 

So once again, I leave dealership only to have a nasty vibration now coming from driver's side.. almost like the tire rubbing in well. I dropped it off again, which brought me to my last , and first

quote on this forum. I'm pretty sure it is the gearbox, as when they changed the steering assembly, they missed a couple of nuts.. 

So now I'm kind of up in the air as to where I want to take vehicle for service, as it has been a pin in the ass. Yes it was used, but still a 60k truck 

You can pay the deductible and use the warranty again or you can have another shop diagnosis it and take the diagnosis back to the normal repair shop and ask for the repair. Possible have a front end shop check it out.