Trail boss/AT4 mpg

I know there are other threads regarding mpg, but just like the title says, curious what TB's and AT4's are getting. Since they are slightly lifted and have heavier AT's their gas mileage takes a hit. 

I have 2020 AT4, 2000 miles, drive easy and barely get 15 mpg. I was hoping to get that after I installed a cap and slight bigger MT's.

Whats your current mpg and your set up.

thanks!

2019 AT4

Canadian here so KM's not Miles.

I was getting 800KM's out of a tank if I drove the speed limit. I got 650-700KM's driving like I do LOL

I did the cold air intake, Cat-Back exhaust and went to bigger tires (Put on 20's, mine came stock with 18's) and I dropped 100KM's per tank of fuel.

My GMC app shows:

"Fuel Efficiency 13.1 / 100 KM lifetime"

"Fuel Efficiency 15.0 / 100 KM Trip A"

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 1:41 PM, FDHog said:

Avg 15-16. 2019 6.2L AT4 with offroad perf pkg.

Hate the Duratracs (friggin loud). Switching to BFG TA/KO2

agree with you on the Duratracs.  Mine has 8,000 miles, they're really tuning up now.

5.3l Trailboss. 17.4 lifetime average with 305/55/20 nitto ridge grapplers, which I think is fantastic for 33” tires. I had the OEM Tires on for a week when I first bought the truck, and was getting 21-23 mpg average. It’s been stated somewhere thymat the TB is more fuel efficient than its counterpart, AT4

5 hours ago, Memphis87 said:

5.3l Trailboss. 17.4 lifetime average with 305/55/20 nitto ridge grapplers, which I think is fantastic for 33” tires. I had the OEM Tires on for a week when I first bought the truck, and was getting 21-23 mpg average. It’s been stated somewhere thymat the TB is more fuel efficient than its counterpart, AT4

Losing 4 mpg is fantastic going up about an inch in tires? ?

12 hours ago, bcato said:

agree with you on the Duratracs.  Mine has 8,000 miles, they're really tuning up now.

Everyone wants the aggressive tire look yet most don't use it and then realize later what the actual trade offs are when the truck is just a DD.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:41 PM, FDHog said:

Avg 15-16. 2019 6.2L AT4 with offroad perf pkg.

Hate the Duratracs (friggin loud). Switching to BFG TA/KO2

They won't be much quieter down the road, they are still very aggressive and very heavy. Even with some of the trails I do and back country driving I realize most of my time is spent in traffic or running around town, I am stepping down from an aggressive AT tire to a mildly aggressive AT tire with better road manners as mine have gotten loud with 40k on them. Gonna switch to the Cooper AT3 4s this summer, can't wait to make the change. They do well off road and on road. They may be missing the full blown wanna be tough guy image but that isn't why I am buying tires.

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Losing 4 mpg is fantastic going up about an inch in tires? ?

Yeah, you will lose that kind of mileage going to a wide section like a 305, not about the height. My K2 All Terrain 6.2L was around 22mpg on stock 32" tires, after I put on my 33x12.5"R20 E loads I was down between 14mpg and 18mpg depending on where and how I drive, about 16mpg average on the wide tires. A 275 or 285 that is 34" tall will get better economy than a 33" tire that is 295 or wider, better traction in wet conditions also. The 12.5" are too wide for this truck but are a lot of fun on dry pavement. 

4 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Losing 4 mpg is fantastic going up about an inch in tires?

I mean, if you’ve never run a true 33”, then you just won’t know. Literally doubling the weight of each tire and rim compared to stock. Just coming from my 15 silverado, this 19 gets much better mpg that’s all

Edited by Memphis87