Swap center console for jump seat

Looking for info on swapping out my LTZ center console for a jump seat. Family is growing and need to move the oldest to the front to make room in the back for twins. 

I came across a post doing the opposite swap, but nothing for going "backwards" as it seems kind of a downgrade, I suppose.

I have a 2018 with dune/cocoa leather. The console is cocoa (brown), but I'm guessing the jump seat would be dune (tan). I'd prefer leather to match, but cloth would be acceptable if only that's available for tan or brown.

Also wondering what I might have to change under the dash? I assume there would need to be a panel added to cover the hole left behind when removing the console. Perhaps a different harness to connect the new panel?

Last thought is whether or not I'll have issues with the Bose sound system. I know the amp used to be mounted under the center console in Suburbans/Tahoes. Not sure if that's the case here.

I'd be willing to consider a swap with someone looking to go the other direction.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the LTZ with a bench seat, Cocoa/ Dune leather. I wouldn't mind doing the swap but I'm in Michigan. I don't have the Bose but I do think your amp is under the center console with your sub. At least the older model I had was. 

Bose Amp is mounted on the back wall of the truck (behind the passenger seat).

You might have a console sub. If you do, you’ll end up with a “hole” in the carpet. This cutout will be exposed if you have a sub.

You’ll need the front panel - I call this the “ashtray”. I have a black one for sale for $60.

98d778ad2b4482d348cd359d0dbe13e0.jpg

You’ll also need to add this trim piece.

00779b8d4a68b74aa69461be4ae4d0dc.jpg

You will need a “reverse” conversion harness. I have here - https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2018-reverse-console-jump-seat-conversion-harness/

It will plug into the main dash junction where you console plugs in now. The harness would need to run under the carpet along the jump, and connects directly into the components of the jump seat.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ebay has the seats for around $200-$250 if I remember correctly, I've even found them on FB Marketplace locally..

I wonder if you can upgrade to a 2019 front jump seat that has the shoulder harness...

@Frankielozano214 and @pgamboa are the experts on these mods..

Oh and CONGRATS on the twins!

Edited by rbrjr1
  • Like 2

As Phil mentioned above, you'll have a hole in the carpet for the sub which you probably have since you have an LTZ.  You could look for a floor mat to cover the hole or you can replace the front portion of the carpet with one that doesn't have the hole which is the route I'd personally take.  The carpet is 2 pieces and overlaps under the front seats.  It is very simple to remove/replace once the front seats and console/jump seat is out and you remove the seal plate kick panels.  You may possibly have to pop loose the b-pillar trim near the floor as well but that isn't hard either.

20170630_151052-highlights.jpg

On 1/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, michigan2500hd said:

I have the LTZ with a bench seat, Cocoa/ Dune leather. I wouldn't mind doing the swap but I'm in Michigan. I don't have the Bose but I do think your amp is under the center console with your sub. At least the older model I had was. 

As luck would have it I may be in Michigan in a week or 2, and possibly at various times in the next few months, for work. Pretty close to Detroit I think.  I could talk them into letting me drive out rather than fly and possibly meet up with you to trade parts, if we decide to go through with this and everything works. And if your not real far from Detroit. We could get our parts out ahead of time and meet to trade.

I'll look through the rest of the info posted and figure out everything I need to know and perhaps we can get in touch to discuss details sometime.  Is your LTZ also 16-18?

Also, thanks everyone else for the info, looks great!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 10:47 AM, michigan2500hd said:

Mine is a 2015. Not sure what was changed after that. 

Hey Michigan,

As far as I can tell, we could do a direct swap.

It's very short notice, but they decided last night I need to visit a customer in Highland Park, MI. this week. I'm driving out Monday morning and staying maybe till Friday.  If you're still interested in doing this, not necessarily this week, but anytime, let me know. We can get in contact directly to discuss details.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2020 at 7:47 AM, michigan2500hd said:

Mine is a 2015. Not sure what was changed after that. 

The '14/'15 has movable cupholders, whereas, the '16+, the cupholders do not move.  Also, the USBs are different, '14/'15 has 3 on the front of the console, and '16+ has 2. 

• 3 weeks later...