Anyone else regret buying a Chevy?

4 hours ago, Method2Madness said:

Yeah. These looks real enjoyable.

toyota.thumb.JPG.2848ff761221a2390d3c64c8fd58b1d7.JPGtoyota2.thumb.JPG.42dee02efdbaf2ba4ab846f6cd9a2f64.JPG

toyota3.thumb.JPG.3092460f498251dfedcf451c0742ffa2.JPGtoyota4.thumb.JPG.ef525a8571b29bb06b599344b224fa4c.JPG

P.S. ALL vehicles have issues. 

It's ridiculous that they haven't resolved the cam shaft tower seal leak after 13 years but it won't leave you stranded and if it's not leaking onto the heat shield or your driveway, fixing it isn't strictly necessary. 

All vehicles have issues and recalls but some vehicles have more than others. 

That guy's transmission shudder is from a shoddy lift. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

It's ridiculous that they haven't resolved the cam shaft tower seal leak after 13 years but it won't leave you stranded and if it's not leaking onto the heat shield or your driveway, fixing it isn't strictly necessary. 

All vehicles have issues and recalls but some vehicles have more than others. 

That guy's transmission shudder is from a shoddy lift. 

I just changed out a water pump on a Sierra van with 58k on the clock.

To think that you will buy a Toyota and be completely insulated from failures is wrong.

All vehicles break.

If you feel these vehicles are more apt to do so...the choice is easy then.

My truck has been absolutely flawless throughout fall and winter. I’ve had some problems for sure...but now that recalls, rattles and leaks are taken care of, I really am digging this truck again. And I trust it just fine in spite of what you read here.

I’ve been on automotive forums since their heyday in the mid 2000s. In that time...I haven’t seen anyone join a forum just to praise their vehicle, but at least one a week joins strictly to complain. I don’t care to look back through the 6 page thread but I’m sure there’s a few in here who never post unless something goes wrong.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

My truck has been absolutely flawless throughout fall and winter. I’ve had some problems for sure...but now that recalls, rattles and leaks are taken care of, I really am digging this truck again. And I trust it just fine in spite of what you read here.

I’ve been on automotive forums since their heyday in the mid 2000s. In that time...I haven’t seen anyone join a forum just to praise their vehicle, but at least one a week joins strictly to complain. I don’t care to look back through the 6 page thread but I’m sure there’s a few in here who never post unless something goes wrong.

This forum is rife with people that have 1 or 2 posts complaining about a problem...never to post again or update the vehicle's status.

It's frustrating because I joined this forum to learn and discuss issues that our trucks have.  These people contribute very little to the conversation.

I always get this picture that they are sitting in the dealership service waiting area pissed out of their minds...and they have nothing else to do but surf and stumble across this forum...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vicarod said:

This forum is rife with people that have 1 or 2 posts complaining about a problem...never to post again or update the vehicle's status.

It's frustrating because I joined this forum to learn and discuss issues that our trucks have.  These people contribute very little to the conversation.

I always get this picture that they are sitting in the dealership service waiting area pissed out of their minds...and they have nothing else to do but surf and stumble across this forum...

How true and I also think some people will post an issue just to add to the post and they really never had an issue in the first place but don't get me wrong there are issues on here that are a real live problem with some peoples vehicles.

If you searched a forum before you buy anything like a TV or lawn mower etc you would never buy anything as you cant let these forums make any decisions on any purchase.

I have had my truck for one year this month and not one issue except for the recalls which don't bother me one bit. Some people are just born complainers on the smallest thing.

• Like 2

I was on the Genesis forum was we first got it and on an enthusiasts forum when I had a my Trailblazer SS. Mostly good stuff on those. Join this one early 2014 with the purchase of my 14 GMC. I didn’t have any problems in the 18 months or 30K miles I owned it. But reading the problems the people had here did play a part in me selling it instead of my 92 Chevy. That’s been problem free for the 10 years of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, benelli said:

Lol “a hand full” you can scout every forum and even Edmonds reviews along with other sites regarding these trucks. Same issues across the board. I suggest you remember these posts next time your truck  fails bet you it will be one of the same issues everybody else is having. 

Yes a handful, It's a number I jus came up with compared to the trucks sold, Look, Not say'n everybody is not having issues, Hell my truck was in the shop 30 days with jus 1200 miles on it for a wire harness issue and if you understand controls it's like finding a needle in a haystack to find those electrical issues, ended up being a pin in the harness was too small to make contact in a harness with like 60 wires, I and do believe this is a great place for helping out with issues people have but if you jus come here to tell people not to buy a GM cuz all the issues go over to the other auto makers and see their problems and you would never buy a new vehicle, My mechanic stayed with the issue I was having even though he had little help from GM techs and he solved it so yah we are having issues but hang in there and they will be resolved....  But yes so far my truck is doing great (knock on wood) after the electrical problem and upgrades.....

Edited by Donnie Summers
  • Like 1

I get being mad, frustrated because your new truck has issues.

I was bashed in another thread because I made the comment the OP come on here to complain.

Seems like a lot of this to me.

Every point made here is valid but the whiners get old.

If you're complaining without a solution, you're a whiner.

Yes, the dealers can suck. A truck can have issues.

I have purchased some things I regretted but I fixed it and moved on.

OK, they weren't as expensive as a new truck but the point is I dealt with it and forgot it.

There are still a lot of happy GM owners and I'm one of them.

My used 12 Sierra runs good with no issues. 

If it develops an issue I will not come here to complain.

:)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

I was bashed in another thread because I made the comment the OP come on here to complain.

OK, they weren't as expensive as a new truck but the point is I dealt with it and forgot it.

I couldn't be happier with my '19 RST after 1 full year this month.  Best truck I've owned and I've had many.

18 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

1 hour ago, Donnie Summers said:

Yes a handful, It's a number I jus came up with compared to the trucks sold, Look, Not say'n everybody is not having issues, Hell my truck was in the shop 30 days with jus 1200 miles on it for a wire harness issue and if you understand controls it's like finding a needle in a haystack to find those electrical issues, ended up being a pin in the harness was too small to make contact in a harness with like 60 wires, I and do believe this is a great place for helping out with issues people have but if you jus come here to tell people not to buy a GM cuz all the issues go over to the other auto makers and see their problems and you would never buy a new vehicle, My mechanic stayed with the issue I was having even though he had little help from GM techs and he solved it so yah we are having issues but hang in there and they will be resolved....  But yes so far my truck is doing great (knock on wood) after the electrical problem and upgrades.....

The only good thing that came from them finding your electrical issue is now they know when the next one come in with same issue. My point is Gm nows all the issues on the trucks are the same but they refuse to admit there is a problem either with there suppliers of parts quality. I agree the older trucks pre 2008 were great . I’ve been in the automotive industry as an independent for over 35 years. My older truck was great other that normal wear and tear.  Ew is not always better. 

30 minutes ago, benelli said:

The only good thing that came from them finding your electrical issue is now they know when the next one come in with same issue. My point is Gm nows all the issues on the trucks are the same but they refuse to admit there is a problem either with there suppliers of parts quality. I agree the older trucks pre 2008 were great . I’ve been in the automotive industry as an independent for over 35 years. My older truck was great other that normal wear and tear.  Ew is not always better. 

Yur right New means new doesn't mean good, everything you buy nowdays has been cheap'n up, A buddy that works in refrigeration told me if you have a refrigerator 10 years old that works good keep it cuz new ones don't last, but like I said, all auto manufactures let us be be the Guinea pigs to find their bugs... So you have to decide what manufactures vehicle fits you best and hope for the best, But lets keep posting bout our issues and help one another instead of bashing one another and jus maybe we can tell the dealer how to get our trucks fixed lol....  

2 minutes ago, Donnie Summers said:

Yur right New means new doesn't mean good, everything you buy nowdays has been cheap'n up, A buddy that works in refrigeration told me if you have a refrigerator 10 years old that works good keep it cuz new ones don't last, but like I said, all auto manufactures let us be be the Guinea pigs to find their bugs... So you have to decide what manufactures vehicle fits you best and hope for the best, But lets keep posting bout our issues and help one another instead of bashing one another and jus maybe we can tell the dealer how to get our trucks fixed lol....  

And it all depends on the service dept. Let's not forget about the K2 Chevy shake.  Many had this problem with thousand's of posts.  Some got corrected some didn't.  Some techs took the time to try and solve it and some just didn't care.  Thank goodness my '19 doesn't have it.  I had a '16 Silverado that had a rear end whine between 55-60mph on acceleration.  It wasn't loud and most people probably wouldn't have noticed it but I did.  Service mgr. rode with me and said it was faint but acknowledged it.  He put his top rear end guy on it, ordered new ring and pinion shims and got it corrected.  What gets me is when someone brings a problem in to the service dept. and they say "it's normal" or "they all do it" which is BS.  If it's normal lets go check 10 other trucks on the lot and we'll see if "it's normal".  My point is the service dept. could've said my rear end whine was normal and minimal and maybe the next dealer would've said it was normal and wouldn't have done anything about it.  So, service dept.'s make a huge difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

Talk about being on point! Awesome sir! Got a problem? Find a solution and fix it. Then let it go. A forum should acknowledge a problem then FIND A SOLUTION. You want to cry over it find your mother. Be useful or be gone. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vicarod said:

Point set and match. 

• Like 1

All my trucks in the past were used for work. If they moved they got driven. If they needed fixing we did it. The only thing that could really piss me off is the AC quit working. It gets really hot here. Every truck no matter what brand has personality that people would complain about. Funny shift pattern, shaking passenger seat, speedometer quit working etc. Only one stranded me in 40 years. Failing brakes, vehicles shutting off with electrical problems, oil lines failure. I’ve been evolved with hundreds of truck purchases. Never experienced those. Instead of redesigned trucks every two years, maybe quality should be addressed.

• Like 1