Anyone else regret buying a Chevy?

Seriously now, my biggest regret buying my 2015 is that I didn't buy a dozen of them. 

Yea, I would prefer less tech and less plastic and less bean counting micky mouse cheap hold me together but given that what problems have I had in 110K? A pinion seal, $8, and a piece of plastic shroud that should have been metal 'ticking' on the flywheel. A $10 part that cost $120 install. I consider my early Honda's to be the flag ship of reliable and yet this Silverado has been no more trouble than the best of them. 

Now some might say I got a good' n. Some may say I got a Tuesday truck. Some may say it was the luck of the draw. Maybe. But if any of that is true then I've had the best streak of the improbable known to man and its lasted over 50 years; spanning several manufactures and models. 

Treat it and maintain it like it's the last one that will ever be built and IMHO....it WILL reciprocate. 

I hate to admit it but I am almost there. I do still love this truck but it’s getting to me with all the trips to the dealer.

It was a great truck until 15,000km. It’s been in and out of the shop for the last 12,000km for brake issues, power brake issues, replaced ECM, replaced TSCM, replaced PSCM. Faulty plug on some transmission wires that caused the truck to stay in 2nd gear at all times (thankfully wasn’t the transmission like they originally told me). Just got it back yesterday fire it up this afternoon after work and get a CEL for emissions.

All makes have issues but this is more than my last F150 and Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

update!!

Got the call from my dealer that my 'replacement' rear came in and they will be working on my truck Monday, might have it for Wed!!  Waahoo I've be in a loaner or rental since 12-23-2019   3 months is totally unacceptable coming from a major maker.   ?

On 3/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, diyer2 said:

I get being mad, frustrated because your new truck has issues.

I was bashed in another thread because I made the comment the OP come on here to complain.

Seems like a lot of this to me.

Every point made here is valid but the whiners get old.

If you're complaining without a solution, you're a whiner.

Yes, the dealers can suck. A truck can have issues.

I have purchased some things I regretted but I fixed it and moved on.

OK, they weren't as expensive as a new truck but the point is I dealt with it and forgot it.

There are still a lot of happy GM owners and I'm one of them.

My used 12 Sierra runs good with no issues. 

If it develops an issue I will not come here to complain.

:)

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

14 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

That was a ridiculous post by a guy driving a 2012.  

I'm the guy driving the 12.

No more ridiculous than the constant whiners. 

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I'm the guy driving the 12.

No more ridiculous than the constant whiners. 

People complaining because their brand new trucks repeatedly have problems that are largely unable to be fixed isn't whining. People are stuck with basically 2 options, live with the constant problems or sell the truck for a huge loss, not good options.  Lemon law can come in to play in some circumstances, but not often enough.

You say they need to fix it and move on, well that isn't an option for a lot of people dealing with these trucks. Glad your 8 year old vehicle is still working well, the newer ones have a lot of problems. 

Also, if you are tired of people "whining", then you should probably avoid the troubleshooting forums. 

• Like 1