Anyone else regret buying a Chevy?

On 2/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, PPK said:

2018 SLT 4x4 Z71 built in 2019... So far solid. great mpg for a small V8 and happy with interior and Bose system. Coming from F150, which if you get a good one is better.. but if you have a turbo with issues like i had.. watch out! 30 days a year in the shop.  Notice on the driveway... oil leaks from Ford are pressured washed... 

GMC2018little.jpg

That is a great looking truck!!!

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Excuse me. Didn't realize this was a two person exchange. 

:seeya:

Please, carry on.

And now we have three again....

On 2/12/2020 at 4:10 PM, KARNUT said:

I’m retired and don’t need to daily a truck anymore. I do like to have one around. My last new one was my 14 GMC. At the same time I had my 92. A highly modified truck that just required maintenance for 10 years. I kept that one. I recently found a cherry 02 Avalanche and scooped it up. Probably my last one. I’m extremely happy I don’t have buy a new truck anymore.

Trannies were very weak in them.  Be careful. 

On 2/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, PPK said:

2018 SLT 4x4 Z71 built in 2019... So far solid. great mpg for a small V8 and happy with interior and Bose system. Coming from F150, which if you get a good one is better.. but if you have a turbo with issues like i had.. watch out! 30 days a year in the shop.  Notice on the driveway... oil leaks from Ford are pressured washed... 

GMC2018little.jpg

Still best looking generation

4 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Still best looking generation

That's opinion but I'd agree and say the '14-'18 Sierra looks nicer than the '19.  I think the '19 Silverado looks better. If not for the grille and the sim card fender wells, the '19 Sierra would be a nice looking truck. 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:25 AM, mafd2 said:

That's opinion but I'd agree and say the '14-'18 Sierra looks nicer than the '19.  I think the '19 Silverado looks better. If not for the grille and the sim card fender wells, the '19 Sierra would be a nice looking truck. 

Well you say IF, then it doesnt you either accept it or you dont, thats what kills the whole front end.

I regret purchasing an early build 2019 Silverado - eleven recalls so far, plus jingling stub shaft, and now a letter about needing to adjust front camera before it causes an issue with the brakes. Latest recall(s) advise that a previous recall needs correction and the other recall is just to let me know there may be glue on a battery cable that could cause an arc - so, given that I suppose the truck could catch fire- but, GM also let me know they don't have parts to fix the issue - "don't call me - we'll call you".  

I have people come up to me and ask do you have issues with your truck and then they proceed to tell me about all of the issues with their or friends 2019 Silverados.  I traded in a perfectly good 2017 - for the recall king...

Nice truck really really poor build. 

• Like 1

Mine has a new oil leak on it now, huge puddle on my driveway as of yesterday, so about to make trip 7 (I think) in the 3 months I have owned it. Never had this many different issues on a brand new truck. Ford was still worse so, that left me stranded, hoping this one won't do that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I regret it. 2019 RST Crew Cab 5.3 4x4 with max tow package.

Drive window wont auto roll all the way up if its all the way down. It goes halfway up, then back down.

Stereo controls stopped working one day. No volume control at all. Randomly fixed itself.

Hard shift from 1-2. Does it even when warmed up sometimes.

Currently stuck in 4wd after having it set on Auto while driving around in a storm.

Touchsreen brightness does whatever the hell it wants. Sometimes too bright, sometimes its stuck so dim i cant see it.

I hate this truck. 25k miles of agony. Dealership is no help.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2020 Silverado Trail boss. Had it in the driveway for 1 day and this is day two at the dealership trying to figure out why the Service Brake Assist light comes on. Cant give me any timeframe as to when I can actually drive my $50K truck.  Owned every other truck on the market, this is my first Chevy.  First impressions are lasting impressions.  You can bet that if this pattern continues, I will be enacting the Lemon Law.  

Edited by Not happy Chevy

2020 Silverado Trail Boss. Had it in the driveway for 1 day and this is day two at the dealership trying to figure out why the Service Brake Assist light comes on. Cant give me any timeframe as to when I can actually drive my $50K truck.  Owned every other truck on the market, this is my first Chevy.  First impressions are lasting impressions.  You can bet that if this pattern continues, I will be enacting the Lemon Law.  

Edited by Not happy Chevy