Anyone else regret buying a Chevy?

The two this i regret about my truck (which are not problems i just didn't do my proper HW) is that i didn't get the 5.3L with 10 speed, and i should of oped for the front camera.

Overall i enjoy my truck. I have been to Seattle and back and soon LA and back(from the bay area). 17,000miles and haven't had a problem. 

2 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Regret because of issues ? No not really. Every truck has issues , no one is perfect . We know this , but maybe some homers dont. 

Expecting a vehicle that costs this much money to work is a reasonable expectation. It's great if you have a vehicle that works well, but regretting purchasing the vehicle because it has constant problems is a pretty normal response. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

Expecting a vehicle that costs this much money to work is a reasonable expectation. It's great if you have a vehicle that works well, but regretting purchasing the vehicle because it has constant problems is a pretty normal response. 

It is an expectation and a real one for most but there are some that don't get to experience it. These are mechanical machines put together by people and robots with thousands of parts, there will be rogue issues. The price paid certainly doesn't depict anyone to have anymore or less of an expectation. Should a corolla owner expect less because they paid less? Should Bentley not have service department as they always work without error? 

Tyler

4 hours ago, pschne1 said:

2019 LT TB with 31K.  Other than a blown oil cooler line this truck has been great. Best GM truck I have had. This is the fourth. I had an 01,04,07 and now a 19. 

You must have really liked that 07 ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

It is an expectation and a real one for most but there are some that don't get to experience it. These are mechanical machines put together by people and robots with thousands of parts, there will be rogue issues. The price paid certainly doesn't depict anyone to have anymore or less of an expectation. Should a corolla owner expect less because they paid less? Should Bentley not have service department as they always work without error? 

Tyler

I think everyone should be able to expect a certain level of reliability regardless of cost, but when a $20k Corolla has fewer reliability issues than a $50k + truck that is a problem.  A lot of the technology on these top of the line trucks is available on much cheaper vehicles, quality control is the difference. So really, if I can expect good reliability on a much less expensive vehicle, shouldnt I really expect to have that when I'm spending more?

4 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

No,  certainly doesn't apply to fast food or any other industry.

So I should expect to have a less reliable vehicle when I'm spending more money on it?  All I was saying was that if i expect a $20k car to be reliable, then i certainly expect a $50k car to be reliable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

900, 000 units recalled for a potential brake failure while GM did nothing to alert people and tried to sweep in under the rug with update after update. That's much more then a rogue issue. 

I get the fact issues happen.  And it happens to all auto companies.  Their general piss poor customer service and lack of integrity to help people with issues has made many people on here regret buying a GM product. 

• Like 3

I definitely regret my purchase. I have a 2019 RST that currently has 2100 miles. Since purchasing my truck it has been “reprogrammed” 5 times. After this last time last week I was told “we see a trouble code but GM advises they have no fix for that code at this time”. I did not accept this answer and have had a senior advisor contact me saying they are sorry my truck is broken, but there is no current fix. I’m in the process of having the truck bought back under lemon laws in my state. 

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

Before the 'bail out" (2008), everything in the above is dead on. Since that time I'm not convinced. Here's why. I've seen parts come out of motors that should have never been put in a scrap pile. Lifter bodies for example are a centerless ground item. Chatter marks left by out of sorts grinder and not removed by the operator or inspection and put in by some moron on the line with not a single person between the raw material and the finished product with enough where with all to say, "good lord man...that's crap, don't use that".  Some egg head puts a wiring harness in that's a inch to short and instead of stopping the line, correcting the issue and moving on, they giggle and nod and say 'will just deny the claim'.

Can you say you regret buying just a Chevy? Only if your dumb enough to believe product knows what name is on it. 

For all those who seem to have endless resources and trade every 3 year and say, "I've never had an issue" well D' ah. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

19 hours ago, MyWay said:

if I didn’t already add running boards, tonno, rear wheel well liners, and rubber liners inside, I would just take the beating on trade and never step foot in a Chevy dealership again.

Hopefully your truck will get fully repaired and give you many years of good service.  Having a bad experience with a Chevy should make you upset with that particular vehicle but don't give up on the brand.  Many of us would have to look beyond the big 3 if we based our opinion on a single bad apple. Looking for others to complain about the brand will not help or comfort you with your frustration.  Look for people with good things to say so you'll know what to expect!  

• Like 1