Anyone else regret buying a Chevy?

2019 Custom V6 

4x4 with limited slip

2,000 miles

Nothing but problems. 

5 months old.

1) original headlamp assembly’s where loaded with dust. Dealer replaced both.

2) vibration with load on engine from dash area. Dealer found a trans harness rubbing on floorboard.

3) infotainment radio froze up 3 times since new. Embarrassing. Shut off engine and wait few minutes to fix.

4) Apple CarPlay works when it wants.

5) if I don’t use the stupid electronic tailgate for, let’s say a few days, it takes me a few hits of the button for it to actually release. I’ve now made it a habit to just open it once a day.

6) went to put running boards on, went under truck and trans fluid everywhere!! turns out a transfer case seal failed. 

if I didn’t already add running boards, tonno, rear wheel well liners, and rubber liners inside, I would just take the beating on trade and never step foot in a Chevy dealership again.

Life is pretty short. Lots of things that will always be out of your hands.

Ownership of a vehicle is something that you can control, buy something that you like, no one will judge you for jumping camp if you do not like your truck.

Finding others with the same mindset will never solve the problems you are having, move on and enjoy your day rather than hating what you drive.

I personally like my 18, been a very solid truck, so far, completely different story with the 14, and 16 I had though.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, bshort said:

But you could go to a Ram, Ford or Toyota page and find people with problems too.  Sh&t happens with vehicles.  

Ford and ram will be similar, toyota not so much, there is no comparison on reliable with toyota, but they are so outdated, that is the trade off. 

I'm kind of in the same boat, but not as bad as the OP.  Mine is in the shop right now to have the safety tech fixed from the previous recall, also having the new recall done.  Evidently it had previously had the bcm code, so that is not reassuring. 

I haven't had most of the major issues, outside of the safety tech and parking sensors not working or going haywire, but I have had numerous issues with the infotainment system and tons of recalls forna vehicle I have had less than 3 months. 

I love the truck and am sure I will be fine with it after I get it back, just not a good new car experience in the least. 

13 hours ago, MyWay said:

2019 Custom V6 

4x4 with limited slip

2,000 miles

Nothing but problems. 

5 months old.

1) original headlamp assembly’s where loaded with dust. Dealer replaced both.

2) vibration with load on engine from dash area. Dealer found a trans harness rubbing on floorboard.

3) infotainment radio froze up 3 times since new. Embarrassing. Shut off engine and wait few minutes to fix.

4) Apple CarPlay works when it wants.

5) if I don’t use the stupid electronic tailgate for, let’s say a few days, it takes me a few hits of the button for it to actually release. I’ve now made it a habit to just open it once a day.

6) went to put running boards on, went under truck and trans fluid everywhere!! turns out a transfer case seal failed. 

if I didn’t already add running boards, tonno, rear wheel well liners, and rubber liners inside, I would just take the beating on trade and never step foot in a Chevy dealership again.

Well I already had my 2019 repurchased. I’m on a 2020 now and it does have better build quality. Keeping my fingers crossed. Your lift gate isn’t working properly because of the tonno cover. Ask me how I know?

Edited by ILSilverado
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Should have bought a GMC....  :idiot:

Yea right ?  Have you been reading the Sierra issues???  Did you happen to know the Silverados and Sierras are rolling off the same assembly line at the Ft. Wayne plant?  Complaint I have with the Sierra is the horrible SIM card looking fender wells and the hideous clown grille ??

3_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-42-10-1.png.6769ef422a958500f9eac80335824452.png

5d2e49fb2c4a1_2_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-54-03-12.thumb.png.ed2c5bc26a57979a82bf652292d33fbb.png

1_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-40-07-1.png.6ccc28b719a459d5a961e76c3df330fc.png

0_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-57-10-1.thumb.png.1e05b152eac5d5ff145556e0990814ee.png

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4