Should I get the big bad 6.2

Update. Good morning fellow members. Thank you all for your awesome comments and opinions. After a week of searching and finding several trucks that I would like. Only to discover each time the out of state dealership didn’t want to swap with my local Chevy dealership due to the mileage that would be on the vehicle they are getting. My salesman went to check to see what the inventory manager ordered. Because he didn’t recall him ordering any 6.2 equipped trucks. And would you believe it. He found a build sheet with the only 6.2 that was ordered during this round of ordering. And it was exactly what I was looking for. So. Now. The waiting begins. I was told mid to late April delivery date. I’m kinda excited like a 5 year old kid at Christmas. Whenever  I purchased new cars. They were always in stock or available within 100 miles of my home. It feels kinda cool that the truck is being built just for me. No one will test drive it. Or fart in it but me. Thanks again forum members. I’ve done a lot of reading this past year. This forum is just loaded with great information and the occasional GM hater. I hope I haven’t gone completely nuts by switching my primary ride to this behemoth bid bad 6.2 vs my “penalty” box Corolla. My son can’t wait to get his license. He says he’s going to show me how to “pimp” it out. Whatever that means. 

• Like 6

Update. Good morning fellow members. Thank you all for your awesome comments and opinions. After a week of searching and finding several trucks that I would like. Only to discover each time the out of state dealership didn’t want to swap with my local Chevy dealership due to the mileage that would be on the vehicle they are getting. My salesman went to check to see what the inventory manager ordered. Because he didn’t recall him ordering any 6.2 equipped trucks. And would you believe it. He found a build sheet with the only 6.2 that was ordered during this round of ordering. And it was exactly what I was looking for. So. Now. The waiting begins. I was told mid to late April delivery date. I’m kinda excited like a 5 year old kid at Christmas. Whenever  I purchased new cars. They were always in stock or available within 100 miles of my home. It feels kinda cool that the truck is being built just for me. No one will test drive it. Or fart in it but me. Thanks again forum members. I’ve done a lot of reading this past year. This forum is just loaded with great information and the occasional GM hater. I hope I haven’t gone completely nuts by switching my primary ride to this behemoth bid bad 6.2 vs my “penalty” box Corolla. My son can’t wait to get his license. He says he’s going to show me how to “pimp” it out. Whatever that means. 

Congratulations! You’ll NEVER look back!

Sent from Above
  • Thanks 1

Surprised nobody said this....
There is no replacement for displacement.     It's true

Well, last time I said it there was a freaking long debate on that and just ruined the discussion. Always gotta have some insecure trolls pop in to make themselves feel better by cutting down the much more powerful 6.2. I absolutely love mine and this is the primary reason I’m keeping mine.

My saying is “ More Smiles Per Mile”

Sent from Above
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Well, last time I said it there was a freaking long debate on that and just ruined the discussion. Always gotta have some insecure trolls pop in to make themselves feel better by cutting down the much more powerful 6.2. I absolutely love mine and this is the primary reason I’m keeping mine.

My saying is “ More Smiles Per Mile”

Sent from Above

My 6.2 is the best motor/transmission combo I have ever owned.  I thought about the 5.3 for a second.  Life is too short to have doubts or second guess decisions.  I made the choice that would make me the happiest.

• Like 3

My 6.2 is the best motor/transmission combo I have ever owned.  I thought about the 5.3 for a second.  Life is too short to have doubts or second guess decisions.  I made the choice that would make me the happiest.

Either motor WILL get you a speeding ticket. Buy something in between what you want and what you need, then compromise. You can’t really go wrong with the 5.3, the 6.2 adds more expensive package and fuel costs requiring Pwemium. Don’t know if a Flex Fuel model is ever going to come out again, that was the best of both worlds for performance enthusiasts. I run 7 gallons of E85 in my tank a couple times a month just for cleaning purposes as the tailpipe doesn’t get black when running E85 and the plus to it is I smell Lays potato chips lol

Sent from Above

Truth. My only speeding ticket was obtained in my old 5.3, literally on the way home from the dealer. These newer trucks are hard to judge speed in if you were going from an older model. So quiet and relaxed, you really don’t really get a sense of speed. That’s the only thing that saps some of the fun out of the 6.2 vs having it in a car!

As I’ve said, the 19+ 5.3 is even better. I know it’s the same power as 2014-18, but they sure did “tune it up” a bit.

Good time to be a truck buyer when even the little 2.7 would smoke a 5.3 from the 2000s. The 4.3 probably would too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chevyguy273 said:

Congratulations. 

Personally, I would have found a new dealership for not doing the dealer trade, they brought my 18 from Montana to Washington on a flatbed, they just did not want to eat/share the cost of the transportation. My dealer just used a truck on their lot, and basically split the cost of fuel and the driver with the lot they sent another truck too for mine.

If you have made no financial obligation, I might till shop elsewhere, if they get rumor of this, they might all of sudden be able to get a truck for you.

If you do choose to wait for a build, be very patient, and remember rebates will come and go, but you will only get what is available at the time of purchase.

And be prepared to do the lion share of work tracking the progress of your truck, which can be fun, you get to learn the steps along the way, and how it is done.

You probably will not be much of a priority until your truck hits their lot, Salesman makes not money without it there.

Plus you will get to start more posts about when you will see your truck.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely love my new 6.2, I've always been a GM guy but my most recent truck was a Tundra with the 5.7. The 5.7 Tundra is no slouch and did very well for me but when Chevy decided to put the 6.2 in the lower trims I could resist no more...this 6.2 and 10 spd transmission is just simply amazing...head and shoulders performance wise above the Tundra 5.7 or my old 2001 5.3 that I put nearly 250k miles on...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ThatredneckguyJamie said:

I absolutely love my new 6.2, I've always been a GM guy but my most recent truck was a Tundra with the 5.7. The 5.7 Tundra is no slouch and did very well for me but when Chevy decided to put the 6.2 in the lower trims I could resist no more...this 6.2 and 10 spd transmission is just simply amazing...head and shoulders performance wise above the Tundra 5.7 or my old 2001 5.3 that I put nearly 250k miles on...

I too had a tundra (2013 rock warrior) with the 5.7 and also a ram rebel (2016) with the hemi 5.7.  Both were good with lots of power (more than any GM 5.3 that i had before them).  The 6.2 is way better.

• Like 3