2020 Silverado RST Dashcam Installation - Blackvue 750S-2CH

First I would like to say thanks to Flyinwells for saving me some time with this install.  His article definitely helped!  I decided to do an article to expand on the install and hopefully help a few more people out.  I did not show the install of the powermagic pro yet but can add it later once I install it.  For now, I am using the 12V cigarette lighter.

2020 Silverado Dash Cam.pdf

Edited by bbmxta
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 8:19 AM, bbmxta said:

First I would like to say thanks to Flyinwells for saving me some time with this install.  His article definitely helped!  I decided to do an article to expand on the install and hopefully help a few more people out.  I did not show the install of the powermagic pro yet but can add it later once I install it.  For now, I am using the 12V cigarette lighter.

2020 Silverado Dash Cam.pdf 4.3 MB · 31 downloads

Awesome install guide! I'm going to tackle this today. Did you wire in the power magic pro yet?

19 minutes ago, the-wild-moose said:

Awesome install guide! I'm going to tackle this today. Did you wire in the power magic pro yet?

Thanks!  Unfortunately not yet!  Got busy working on a workbench for my garage lol! The power commander shouldn't take too long though.  I already have fuse taps and just need to get volt meter out and figure out which to use.  Good luck and have fun with the install.  I have set my sensitivity down on the motion as it was being set off by everything.  I did catch the damn bird who keeps pecking on my windows and even scratched my door slightly...going to be a dead bird if I catch his ass in person lol!

19 hours ago, bbmxta said:

Thanks!  Unfortunately not yet!  Got busy working on a workbench for my garage lol! The power commander shouldn't take too long though.  I already have fuse taps and just need to get volt meter out and figure out which to use.  Good luck and have fun with the install.  I have set my sensitivity down on the motion as it was being set off by everything.  I did catch the damn bird who keeps pecking on my windows and even scratched my door slightly...going to be a dead bird if I catch his ass in person lol!

I used the passenger side fuse panel. F23 for Accessory and F46 for battery. Seems to work fine but I didn't get any parking mode footage last night. Not sure if I need to mess with the camera settings or if my battery didn't have enough charge.

IMG_1588.HEIC

Humm, I've had mine on the 12v cig lighter plug for 2 days straight without cranking truck and it was still running fine.  I ran firmware upgrade on mine before I installed it.  Did you do that?  

Edited by bbmxta

23 hours ago, bbmxta said:

Humm, I've had mine on the 12v cig lighter plug for 2 days straight without cranking truck and it was still running fine.  I ran firmware upgrade on mine before I installed it.  Did you do that?  

I did the firmware update right when  installed it. I’m not sure what the issue was but I drove it yesterday and everything has been working as it should since then. 

Thanks for the guide, that's going to help me a lot when I get around to installing my cams. Just one question, have you gotten any interference with your keyless entry system? I have a Viofo A129 Pro dual cam system. On my 2008, I ran the rear camera cable across the middle of the headliner with a huge coil of excess wire and had terrible interference. I practically lost the ability to extend my remote start for a second cycle. So is anyone experiencing interference issues? I probably have a long enough cable to route it to the floor, but I'd rather be lazy and cross the ceiling instead.

18 hours ago, Brocko103 said:

Thanks for the guide, that's going to help me a lot when I get around to installing my cams. Just one question, have you gotten any interference with your keyless entry system? I have a Viofo A129 Pro dual cam system. On my 2008, I ran the rear camera cable across the middle of the headliner with a huge coil of excess wire and had terrible interference. I practically lost the ability to extend my remote start for a second cycle. So is anyone experiencing interference issues? I probably have a long enough cable to route it to the floor, but I'd rather be lazy and cross the ceiling instead.

I have a Blackvue DR750 2CH and haven't had any interference after running it through the headliner. I stored the excess cable behind the cover for the rear seatbelt.

• Like 1

2020 Silverado Dash Cam.pdf

Thanks for the shoutout! This is absolutely amazing. Wish I had this for my install. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this document. I installed my Power Magic Pro, but haven't installed my cameras yet. I already have a Blendmount for my radar detector, and am waiting for the Blendmount add-on piece to mount the front camera. 

If it helps you at all, I installed the Power Magic to my passenger side fuse box and used fuses F47 (battery) and F26 (accessory). Finding a spot for the ground connection was more difficult, but there are a couple spots to choose from in there. There is also an existing hole from the area where the fuse box is located into the upper glove box. I ran the wire harness through that hole (had to clearance just a little with a drill bit in order to fit) and mounted the Power Magic box to the roof of the upper glove box.