2014 sierra wont crank

Ricky Bergeron

Question

2014 sierra 1500 5.3. Blend door actuator wasnt working. I pulled the glove boxes to look at actuator, noticed the wire clip wasn't even connected. Connected the wire clip to the actuator. Went to crank my truck, nothing. And now I have stabilitrac messages on my dash. And one about steering wheel assistant limited or something like that. I've checked all my fuses. They're good. Where do I start??

3 answers to this question

Unplug the actuator again - it may be shorted internally, and is bringing the entire 5v reference down. Someone may have unplugged it for that reason.

All these electronic goodies would be great if GM stopped sourcing them from the lowest bidder. Nothing on my '07 was built in North America, except maybe some parts of the driveline. Most of the parts came from Mexico, Thailand, or China. Even the wiring harnesses. So much for hot dogs and apple pie ...

To top this issue off, that was only a suggestion based on what he had just done. In reality, there are literally a thousand things that could cause this symptom from broken, chaffed, or corroded wiring, poor pin fitment in a connector, failed modules elsewhere in the vehicle, shorted comm lines, etc.. Since he just messed with actuator, I figure there's a good chance that one is shorted. Some used car dealer or a GM dealer figured out the problem, unplugged it and shipped it. Happens alot these days.

• Like 1