2020 Silverado Traillboss Custom 5.3 V8 WTF!

Gus M

Why haven’t you called your insurance company? GM isn’t going to do anything for you. This isn’t an issue of a major design defect. If that were the case, folks in Florida or the PNW would have this happening left and right. It was accidental damage, which is covered by insurance not warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just drove 15 miles in rain so hard that you couldn't see the lines on the road, folks still on the road had their emergency flashers on, and drove through some 2-3 inch deep puddles at 40 plus MPH.

2020 Silverado LT 2 wheel drive, 5.3 with 8 speed. 8,000 miles and bone stock. Truck was running just fine when I shut it off in the driveway at home.

I'm really curious what happened to the OP's truck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gus M said:

Where would that be located?  The truck is still at the dealer but im trying to find any flaws... Can't believe this at all 

Where #14 connects to the air filter housing. If you look down the front of the air filter housing you can see it (may need a light).

image.thumb.png.11673937ea04c0b9d1bff2ace9804de4.png

58 minutes ago, Enough said:

I just drove 15 miles in rain so hard that you couldn't see the lines on the road, folks still on the road had their emergency flashers on, and drove through some 2-3 inch deep puddles at 40 plus MPH.

2020 Silverado LT 2 wheel drive, 5.3 with 8 speed. 8,000 miles and bone stock. Truck was running just fine when I shut it off in the driveway at home.

I'm really curious what happened to the OP's truck.

I’m curious to know too. Doesn’t make sense 

I just took the time time to watch both of the Trail Boss videos in the earlier post and I may have found the problem. 

The OP probably didn't have his DRL's set to strobe !  I didn't see that option on the spec sheet but it must be needed for water crossings !

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Enough said:

I just took the time time to watch both of the Trail Boss videos in the earlier post and I may have found the problem. 

The OP probably didn't have his DRL's set to strobe !  I didn't see that option on the spec sheet but it must be needed for water crossings !

I’m not sure what that is but is it necessary in a parking lot? 

1 hour ago, Jay P said:

Where #14 connects to the air filter housing. If you look down the front of the air filter housing you can see it (may need a light).

image.thumb.png.11673937ea04c0b9d1bff2ace9804de4.png

I see! Well the truck is at the dealer now so They already have it somewhat taken apart 

2 hours ago, SPASierra said:

Why haven’t you called your insurance company? GM isn’t going to do anything for you. This isn’t an issue of a major design defect. If that were the case, folks in Florida or the PNW would have this happening left and right. It was accidental damage, which is covered by insurance not warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t called just yet, that is my last option I will take. I want to see what they tell me, I’m staying optimistic I guess 

37 minutes ago, Gus M said:

I’m not sure what that is but is it necessary in a parking lot? 

It's a joke. DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) were set to hyperflash or strobe for attention in both of the videos. Some producer's gimmick that makes just about as much sense as your truck hydrolocking driving through a parking lot.

1 hour ago, Enough said:

It's a joke. DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) were set to hyperflash or strobe for attention in both of the videos. Some producer's gimmick that makes just about as much sense as your truck hydrolocking driving through a parking lot.

Well it’s a terrible joke because Trailboss Customs don’t have DRLs like the Trailboss LTs. So the OPs truck wouldn’t fall under that!  

and DRLs aren’t set to “hyper flash”. They look like that in any video because our eyes see them differently in real life/time compared to a video  ??

6 hours ago, EricTheRed said:

Boy am I glad I got the 6.2L haha! Hopefully this “bigger better” engine will be able to handle a few puddles. 

Bigger is not always better.. Well unless we are talking about Bed space.. Truck bed space. My Truck is  Single cab long bed 1500 4.3 v6 .

------ About Water in engine issue... My Truck is not high off the ground like the 4x4s. 

About a week after we got it we went for a drive in the Country to a hidden not well know  reservoir .The actual Road to the tiny lake is the  Creek bed. We latterly Drove the Truck up thru the Fast moving running water into the stream at up to 20 mph at times . I have also Driven thru some  Very bad Rain storms. 

My Truck is PERFECT in every way. exactly what i would expect from GM.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:00 AM, EricTheRed said:

Boy am I glad I got the 6.2L haha! Hopefully this “bigger better” engine will be able to handle a few puddles. 

:rolleyes: Yeah because they have two completely different designs and fording capabilities. In any case a 5.3 can get hydro-locked the slightly better 6.2 can as well...

In any way there has to be more to the story as people always want to cover their own a*s. A truck just doesn't get hydro-locked in a couple of inches of water without some extreme measure taken as they are tested significantly for that exact issue. 

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970