Silverado Multi-Flex Tailgate Available

Its not a bad priced option if you need and use the Tailgate actually. I like where GM priced this. 

Even though I really like the Ram barn doors functionality ( if you need it) for $995 its price is pretty high .  

Maybe this is hearsay or urban legend... but I have heard that the GMC (same as this one) multi-flex tailgate has issues if you have a trailer ball in the hitch receiver.... and it gets doinked....ianyone else heard this?

23 minutes ago, Swofford said:

Maybe this is hearsay or urban legend... but I have heard that the GMC (same as this one) multi-flex tailgate has issues if you have a trailer ball in the hitch receiver.... and it gets doinked....ianyone else heard this?

IF you leave hitch in receiver and open BOTH portions of the tail gate it WILL hit it. If you only open one part (just the top or the whole gate like a standard one) no problem. I always remove hitch when not in use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jac365 said:

IF you leave hitch in receiver and open BOTH portions of the tail gate it WILL hit it. 

There's a hitch sold by B&W trailer hitches to solve the problem if you don't want to keep your hitch out of the receiver.

Its only $300.....

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/product/multipro-tow-stow

21 hours ago, Swofford said:

Yup, and have the ding in the paint to prove it.

Very worthwhile option for my usage. Makes getting in/out of the bed a lot easier in my case.

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

I would 100% pay a measly $260 for this option. I think this tailgate is one of the great things GM does way better than the other brands. 

Absolutely. Especially if you need it for work/plan .  $260 is a pretty darn good deal offered by GM here. .

Heck even the Ford Tailgate Step is $375 

• Like 1

The multi pro tailgate works great in warm weather. We have had some pretty cold temps, a carwash and a bout of light freezing rain. Binding up pretty good afterwards. Today it was in the low 40' s still binding up.

On 1/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Swofford said:

here's a fix to that problem...... https://tailgatefix.com/

Edited by OlyMike

20 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I wish my 2019 had this tailgate.  Stepdad uses his all the time on his Sierra. Loves it. For $260! That’s a steal. To add it to my truck now would be an arm and a leg!  

Don't wish anymore.  Just order a 21' with the option and trade or sell your 19'  Your wish comes true!   ?