Underseat Storage

So I recently traded in my 2018 LT for a 2021 RST 4x4. It came with the gm rear underseat storage, but that thing is tiny. Are there any other bigger options out there? Like that actually goes to the edge of the seat. Doesn’t need to be lockable or anything, just bigger. 

thanks in advance. 

20 hours ago, Taco_Ninja said:

I have the Du-ha also. GMC/Chevy makes an OEM one, seemed to be the two most popular when I was looking.

I have an extra one I'm selling if you're close to DFW. 

Which one do you have the extra of? I'm interested.

On 5/3/2021 at 6:35 PM, Diamond817 said:

The GM underseat storage is usless. I got the Du Ha for my 21 RST 

IMG_20210503_183201795.jpg

IMG_20210503_183154273_MP_1.jpg

I got the DU-HA in my '20 RST as well. 

I did extensive research on all the aftermarket under seat storage units. I went with the DU-HA because the OEM jack location is maintained INSIDE the DU-HA unit where others cover the jack up requiring you to remove the storage unit to get to the jack. It is bad enough to have a flat and need to use the jack, but to have to remove the contents of the under seat storage unit on the side of the road just to get to the jack was a deal breaker.

7 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I got the DU-HA in my '20 RST as well. 

I did extensive research on all the aftermarket under seat storage units. I went with the DU-HA because the OEM jack location is maintained INSIDE the DU-HA unit where others cover the jack up requiring you to remove the storage unit to get to the jack. It is bad enough to have a flat and need to use the jack, but to have to remove the contents of the under seat storage unit on the side of the road just to get to the jack was a deal breaker.

Let's be clear though, the GM unit, also has the jack inside.

I do agree with you on the stress level of roadside repairs either sunny and dry or dark and 2 foot of snow, they both suck.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:03 AM, gemarsh said:

Let's be clear though, the GM unit, also has the jack inside.

I do agree with you on the stress level of roadside repairs either sunny and dry or dark and 2 foot of snow, they both suck.

I wasn't aware the GM unit did; thanks for the clarification. I ruled out the GM unit fairly quickly as it seemed smaller than the DU-HA unit and the covers looked like they were not removeable.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2021 at 4:52 PM, Bullseye07 said:

Thanks all. Ended up getting the du ha from Taco_ninja today. Good guy to deal with. 

I got the weathertech one first,but sent it back....front was very flimsy. Ended up going with the rough country under seat storage and its solid. Only mounts with the stock lig wrench tool kit wing nut so I can remove it easy if needed for the "future dog" to ride in the back with the seats up. The du-ha has mutliple mounting bolt areas making it a hassle to remove easily otherwise i would have bought that one because it offers a lot of space. 

I went with Tyger for mine. No cutting factory mats, jack and handle bag go right back into factory spots inside, has gun rack and another holder if wanted. Not flimsy either, nice setup.

-Grover67

1457469580_thumbnail(63).thumb.jpeg.3e6ad169bddf092726759edf555c2aa0.jpeg

Question for any of the different versions:

I have carseats installed and removing them, lifting up the seats to access the storage, then re-installing carseats would be a pain. If you didn't tie down the boxes can you get it over the lip of the all weather floormats to slide it out forward? Due to the middle hump I'm assuming pulling it out sideways isn't an option.

If it won't come out forward I may buy one, cut in in half, and 3D print some ends so I could pull the halves out sideways.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, c0ld29 said:

I have carseats installed and removing them, lifting up the seats to access the storage, then re-installing carseats would be a pain. If you didn't tie down the boxes can you get it over the lip of the all weather floormats to slide it out forward? Due to the middle hump I'm assuming pulling it out sideways isn't an option.

If it won't come out forward I may buy one, cut in in half, and 3D print some ends so I could pull the halves out sideways.

I've been waiting 5 years to get underseat storage but it would be useless for me with the car seats installed. I like your idea, but not sure how well they would stay in place if you didn't secure them.

Right now I have a couple small tool boxes stuffed under the seat and they don't slide much because I have the Husky full floor liner, which is fairly slip resistant. I'm following to see what you come up with.