2017 Silverado 1500 - LT to LS 427 engine Swap

What’s parts will be needed that ive might have missed for the swap or has anybody done this type of swap? I will be getting a LS 427 1500 to 2000 hp deciding witch package to go with and it comes with full engine and transmission everything from wires efi kit, wires. The Whole works from motor to transmission I will just be adding headers, exhaust line , upgraded drive shaft, rear diff. The thing I’m stuck on is this so called swap in and out plug and play since am going from LT to LS 427 anybody have experience on what I might need for it to fitment issues ? New transmission crossmembers ? Motor mounts I just want to make sure there’s is nothing missing or I might be over looking prior purchasing. I understand if it was old to new but am here going from LT to LS on the truck project truck I must say. Anything helps those who have experience. Thank you 

I would think you need to go to a stand only ECU.  People have done it with camaro's and corrvette's but I'm pretty sure it's done with a stand only ECU.  Just becasue the LS is port Injection and LT is Direct Injection

Why not just do Forged pistons and rods in a L86 with boost it could be over 1000 rwhp on porblem.  And be much cheaper.

Or you could do what I was just forced to do.  I put drop in Diamond forged pistons for 950 bucks on stock rods.  They say the stock rods are good for 900 rwhp.  The stock pistons are the weak point.

Even at 800 rwhp it will never hook on the street.

The terminator max is the Holley system and will control everything including the up to date truck system and settings. From what the meeting LS between them and i have discussed but any information is good information. Since they are telling me everything is included that just left me with fitment questions wasn’t sure if I was going to need anything extra

Personally I still think it is a little foolish to go backwards especially when you can do what @JONBLARC7said and be at the same power level for cheaper.

Probably going to need to fab motor mounts and a new trans crossmember. I would also think a LOT of engine bay stuff will need to be moved. Not really sure how large everything is. 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:14 PM, shakenfake said:

Personally I still think it is a little foolish to go backwards especially when you can do what @JONBLARC7said and be at the same power level for cheaper.

Probably going to need to fab motor mounts and a new trans crossmember. I would also think a LOT of engine bay stuff will need to be moved. Not really sure how large everything is. 

To add to the above statement, you will need to upgrade your front suspension to accommodate the added weight.

I'm curious, where are you purchasing this engine/trans from? 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:32 AM, Blackwidow_Chevy said:

What’s parts will be needed that ive might have missed for the swap or has anybody done this type of swap? I will be getting a LS 427 1500 to 2000 hp deciding witch package to go with and it comes with full engine and transmission everything from wires efi kit, wires. The Whole works from motor to transmission I will just be adding headers, exhaust line , upgraded drive shaft, rear diff. The thing I’m stuck on is this so called swap in and out plug and play since am going from LT to LS 427 anybody have experience on what I might need for it to fitment issues ? New transmission crossmembers ? Motor mounts I just want to make sure there’s is nothing missing or I might be over looking prior purchasing. I understand if it was old to new but am here going from LT to LS on the truck project truck I must say. Anything helps those who have experience. Thank you 

1500-2000hp?

Yeah you’re missing a tube frame chassis and chutes.

20 hours ago, UrbanRage said:

To add to the above statement, you will need to upgrade your front suspension to accommodate the added weight.

I'm curious, where are you purchasing this engine/trans from? 

No you won't. Not nearly enough to warrant a suspension change.