6.6 Duramax Heating Core Leak

Hello, 

I am about to buy a 6.6L Duramax 14' 2500hd Sierra with 136K on it. But I just learned it has a small heating core leak, the dealer is replacing the whole core prior to purchase. Should I proceed with this purchase? Or is this the sign of this truck going down hill. The service recorded were regular until 2018 then the car fax no longer shows any updates.  

Any help would be appreciated, I have a 92 Sierra with a 5.7L small block so the diesel world I am not as comfortable with. Also do not want a newer truck as I do not want to deal with DEF and I would not be able to do a delete. 

The heater core leak may be due to vibration, where it requires disassembly of the dash board take it for a ride before taking delivery and make sure there are no rattles and squeaks and that everything works as far as the climate controls and anything else that may have been disturbed, look for missing screws under the dash etc. It is not an easy job so somebody getting paid flat rate may cheat and you are the 1 who will have to live with it