In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

My dream truck, what is yours?

GMC SLE 3500 single rear wheel crew cab with the HO cummins 6.7L diesel engine in it!  LOL....seriously though, that's my dream truck.  What is yours?  This is not a debate of gas vs. diesel or anything else.  This is just a simple question.  What is your dream truck build?

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 1

Well since it’s a dream, a mint all original (not restored and repainted) numbers all matching 67-72 Chevy 4wd pickup. Those are my favorite body style. Of course with no miles too. Can’t have anyone driving my cherry dream truck ha

Edited by Pryme
  • Like 1

My dream truck is my 2020 2500 HD WT. It has everything I need and will be paid for in the next year. It's definitely my 'till death do us part' truck. Beyond that my favorite was the 1950 3/4 ton Chevy with a 4 spd transmission that I learned to drive on. Great truck!

• Like 1

I’m a lucky man I've owned every dream vehicle I’ve wanted. My avalanche is it currently. Before that my 92, stroked, blown, lowered Chevy truck. It had every speed goody you could put on it. And AC. I finally outgrew the need for speed. I suppose I’ll come up with another favorite when I see it. This is like asking what’s your favorite song. Depends on the day.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd love one that removes a TON of the tech that's in these new ones. There are so many bad interface / interop designs by GM coupled with piss-poor programming that things misbehave or straight-up don't work far too often. Bring back reliability to where I know it will start when I turn the key... And yes, I want a key again. Fobs are WAY too bulky to be carrying them around for multiple cars...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ember1205 said:

Honestly, I'd love one that removes a TON of the tech that's in these new ones. There are so many bad interface / interop designs by GM coupled with piss-poor programming that things misbehave or straight-up don't work far too often. Bring back reliability to where I know it will start when I turn the key... And yes, I want a key again. Fobs are WAY too bulky to be carrying them around for multiple cars...

Wouldn’t you just need to carry it for the vehicle you’re using? Also, even with a keyed ignition, you still have the door fob on the ring so it actually takes up more room in your pocket having the fob and key. Just playing devils advocate since my truck has a keyed ignition but my daily driver has the push button start. It is nice not having to dig in the pocket for keys on my daily. But I also do like the old school feel of turning a key. Even though it’s not that old school since all you have to do is turn it a split second and the computer takes over and cranks it til it fires even after you let go of the key. Vs having to hold the key to crank. 

Edited by Pryme
  • Like 1

I carry a lunchbox sized cooler with me everywhere. It stems from being stuck on a ROW and walking 6 hours to the first house. In a couple of my rides it works as a center armrests. Those vehicles the center arm rests are too low. It has my keys, snacks, aspirin. I even put my wallet in there. It’s easily grabbed for a quick exit. I can hop into any ride and go. The push button vehicles I don’t have to get the key out until I reach my destination. Having both kinds of vehicles I’ll go with the push button. Otherwise I rather have low tech. As long as I can find decent older vehicles without the new technology I’ll steer that way. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pryme said:

Wouldn’t you just need to carry it for the vehicle you’re using? Also, even with a keyed ignition, you still have the door fob on the ring so it actually takes up more room in your pocket having the fob and key. Just playing devils advocate since my truck has a keyed ignition but my daily driver has the push button start. It is nice not having to dig in the pocket for keys on my daily. But I also do like the old school feel of turning a key. Even though it’s not that old school since all you have to do is turn it a split second and the computer takes over and cranks it til it fires even after you let go of the key. Vs having to hold the key to crank. 

Before the fob to unlock, we had a key for that also.

ETA... in the day, you had to hold the key in the crank position, pump accel pedal or hold to floor. Standing on your head helped once in awhile, too!

Edited by gemarsh
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

Before the fob to unlock, we had a key for that also.

ETA... in the day, you had to hold the key in the crank position, pump accel pedal or hold to floor. Standing on your head helped once in awhile, too!

Yeah I had carbed vehicles and start and door keyed vehicles etc haha I remember. Even a couple with manual choke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pryme said:

My primary vehicle has always been the one to which I attach my house keys and other keys that might be important to always have with me. Now that the truck's FOB is larger than the last one AND has buttons that are very easily pressed while in my pocket, going out somewhere and driving my wife's car (or taking -my- car out) puts me in a position where I A) have to carry the FOB for the truck as well as whatever car I'm driving and B) have to risk my doors ending up unlocked on the truck because of a poor FOB design coupled with a lack of a "re-lock" setting in the truck like every other vehicle I've owned in the last 20+ years.

My biggest issue with the current FOB is its poor overall design. It's larger than it needs to be (by a lot) and the buttons sit flush with the case instead of slightly below. Combine that with the fact that the buttons are plastic instead of being coated with rubber / silicone or similar and it's easy to understand how the buttons get pressed so easily. How come my previous truck had buttons that sat below the edges of the case AND were coated with a soft material even though that FOB was intended to have the buttons USED to unlock the truck and this one isn't? This is the sort of dumb design stuff I'm referring to with GM...

2024 GMC 3500 DRW Denali with RAM Longhorn Brown leather seats, and 6.7 powerstroke HO. And turning radius of F450. All the digital gauges from super duty, and led bed lighting with bed switch. 

That’ll pretty much do it for me. 

• Like 1