Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

Hello,I'm new here,I got a 16 Denali 1500,had dealer install tow mirrors,they don't power fold & im told by gm since truck did not have them from the factory that it's not possible for them too. After reading through all 17 pages,I think they should-they put the wire harness In along with the mirrors,am I wrong?, thanks in advance

Hello,I'm new here,I got a 16 Denali 1500,had dealer install tow mirrors,they don't power fold & im told by gm since truck did not have them from the factory that it's not possible for them too. After reading through all 17 pages,I think they should-they put the wire harness In along with the mirrors,am I wrong?, thanks in advance

Never let a dealer tell you "it's not possible". There are several of us here that have modified our harnesses to make power fold, turn signals, and puddle lamps work on truck models not equipped with them. It can be done. It does take a lot of work, but very possible. Do you know if your tow mirror has power fold in them? If by any chance, you have a photo of the mirror connector harness showing the pins, we can probably determine if its power folding. Does anyone know if the tow mirrors are all power folding, but are manually folded because of the missing circuits in the harness?

The dealer & gm customer care both said it can't be done,I'm only assuming they mirrors are power fold capable from the $$ I paid ,I haven't taken door panels off to look at it & for the money paid for the truck & mirrors insures as h shouldn't have to,I just find it real hard to believe that this is how it is, an slt has this but not a Denali huh? Thank you for your help

That's odd. I don't know a whole lot about the tow mirrors, but the connectors should be the same, if you had power fold, you should still have power fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone else that has them can chime in, but if I recall from the reading, if you had power folding before, you should have it now... unless the mirror itself doesn't power fold in it.

Well, going out on a limb as I don't know the equivalent trims between GMC/Chevy. But based on visual observation on the road, SLE is equivalent to LT, and SLT is equivalent to LTZ (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Bottom line is, if the truck doesn't come with power fold, you will need to add the additional switch in your bezel for it. Most people that are opting for this swap, are swapping for mirrors that have the integrated turn signals, puddle lamps, and power fold. If you only want power fold, the existing harness (I believe) is already wired - just add the switch.

Well guys. I got myself back to my dealer to search for the fantasy harness

It exists! I think

Found a 2014 all terrain sle with DL3 mirrors and NO memory seats!

Took the vin to the parts guy and with a lot of research here's what we found

Harness p/n 23171547 is the driver door harness that sub notes EXC A45

A45 is the memory seat code

Has anyone used this harness as a plug and play upgrade with success??

I hate to drop 175$ ( yeah welcome to Canada) PER SIDE and have it not be a success

Thinking of searching used / scrap yards but even eBay with our piss poor Canadian dollar seems like a high road to take. For the price I'm further ahead to repin the couple of wires to my DL8 harness

Thoughts??? Anyone use this harness?

I'll also add this truck with that harness also has the auto dim mirror so it would again in my head be plug and play for that as well

• Like 1

Well guys. I got myself back to my dealer to search for the fantasy harness

It exists! I think

Found a 2014 all terrain sle with DL3 mirrors and NO memory seats!

Took the vin to the parts guy and with a lot of research here's what we found

Harness p/n 23171547 is the driver door harness that sub notes EXC A45

A45 is the memory seat code

Has anyone used this harness as a plug and play upgrade with success??

I hate to drop 175$ ( yeah welcome to Canada) PER SIDE and have it not be a success

Thinking of searching used / scrap yards but even eBay with our piss poor Canadian dollar seems like a high road to take. For the price I'm further ahead to repin the couple of wires to my DL8 harness

Thoughts??? Anyone use this harness?

I'll also add this truck with that harness also has the auto dim mirror so it would again in my head be plug and play for that as well

I have not tried that harness but This is an awesome find. You would still need to buy the passenger door harness (part # and $ ?) After you bought both harnesses for it all to work your X500 connector at the door to body would have to have the correct pins for it all to work! If your truck does not have it wired at connector X500 then you wasted money on the harness's. It would be much cheaper and easier to add the 3 wires then to replace both door harness at $100 a pop and not have them work just to then have to add the 3 wires after the fact.

yeah the dollars and cents on this are nuts. I'm going out on a limb assuming that the wiring is there at the door post as everyone on this forum has said that any of the later build 2015's have the cross dash harness that contains the needed circuitry (mine has a build date of sept 2015)

i have the print out my parts guy gave me and there shows 4 possible passenger harnesses for that specific trucks vin, so I'm working at decoding the option codes to see which seems to be the right fit. i imagine the price is around the same as the driver side.

like you said i'd hate to waste the money to find out they don't work. Possible plug and play sounds amazing , but to roll the dice on 400$.... well.... I don't gamble because i don't win! that being said if nobody has come across this harness, or had any success with it , i'll stick with the repining my current one for the puddle lamps and turn signals to work , and save the auto dim mirror for another project.

So in summary, I'm looking at a 2016 SLE. I have to have power folding mirrors. As far as the power fold function can I just add the mirrors and proper switch?

I can verify that on my 2014 LT I added just the switch and mirrors and the power fold option did work, but my truck is a 14 and not a 16. Could there be a difference? That I cannot verify.

The signals and puddle lights were on the mirrors that I added, and they had to be wired in order to work, but power fold and power adjust and heat did work on the DL3's I added.