Post Pics of your Shells/Toppers 2014+

My canopy will be coming with the two handles on the rear door. Am I going to regret not choosing one with the single center handle? It was one option that I didn't think mattered but now I am curious!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm real happy with ARE top with the extra 8in of head space.

The color match is perfect.

I will admit there's a few times when I drill the back of my head on the back window hinge that I think "I wish I had gotten the higher cap". Then I come to my senses and realize that I really prefer the cab-high look.

That one looks nice, but not really my style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will admit there's a few times when I drill the back of my head on the back window hinge that I think "I wish I had gotten the higher cap". Then I come to my senses and realize that I really prefer the cab-high look.

That one looks nice, but not really my style.

Its a little ridiculas and grandpa on a full size truck. On a midsize it's essential to keep from scraping neck and back. Hi top on short bed gives it a ant body appearance:)

This is a family truxster and we use it a lot for camping trips. And love the extra space for our gear etc. We take a tent, full kitchen,2 dogs. 2 kids and firewood. Function over style, lol.

I resist trailering so We can haul ass to our destination. Here California trailering speed limit is 55. When we tow it's a 16ft sailboat.

Edited by Gofas

Mine is a ARE Z series but I took a different route and had it Line-X instead of the usual color matching.

I know everyone prefers color match but I couldn't do it on this white truck, it was bland enough already so thought I would try something a bit different here.

This a is a 2017 AT.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

i have thought about going this route also...but i have a black truck...how has it been to clean it? probably my biggest concern going that route it that the sprayliner would look dirty all the time?

i have thought about going this route also...but i have a black truck...how has it been to clean it? probably my biggest concern going that route it that the sprayliner would look dirty all the time?

Cleaning is easy. The texture is really fine in line-X so no harder to wash than the paint on the truck and it doesn't discolor from the sun.

Oddly, the top actually looks cleaner than the rest of my truck right now.

Most trucks look better color matched. White on white to me is just to much white, lol..I had to break it up and black paint would not look right either, this textured satin black color fit the bill. I have zero regrets.

My last truck was black, I could go about two days before it looked dirty again, one reason I didn't mind getting a white truck this time. Black is my favorite color too, just more upkeep.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Getting closer to getting a shell form my truck. Anybody have experience with the brand ATC? I can't find many reviews and of the ones I do see some are great some terrible. I also could purchase a used ARE, it's not my color but good price and I could get it painted. Thoughts?

Getting closer to getting a shell form my truck. Anybody have experience with the brand ATC? I can't find many reviews and of the ones I do see some are great some terrible. I also could purchase a used ARE, it's not my color but good price and I could get it painted. Thoughts?

get some local quotes to paint it...i tried going that route, but couldn't find any used ones...i ended up with a Leer XQ...i'm so so on it as of right now...the installer needs to make a few adjustments and wiring issues, so i'll wait to pass judgment for when it is all done.

• 2 years later...

I’m getting the ARE CX Revo in a few weeks. I’m guessing that the dealer will have to remove the black plastic bed caps in order to get a good fit for the topper?

• 4 weeks later...

Leer 180 with the TracRac Cap Rac that I installed on top. On my 2014 GMC Sierra k1500 Z71, now with Bilstein 5100's all the way around, front on highest setting.

I like the versatility of having a cap. Extra, locking storage space for camping or cargo.

20200520_081335.jpg

• Like 1

I admit that I would prefer a cab-height cap instead of a low rise, but the cap and the rack were both Craigslist finds, and will serve well.

The cap has a sliding side windows, a two-handle lockong rear liftgate, and a front window that is both removable and with sliders.

All I need now is to replace my rear glass with even a manual slider, and that would just be about right.

On 3/25/2017 at 5:45 PM, DLW66 said:

Mine is a ARE Z series but I took a different route and had it Line-X instead of the usual color matching.

I know everyone prefers color match but I couldn't do it on this white truck, it was bland enough already so thought I would try something a bit different here.

This a is a 2017 AT.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

Very very nice! I really like the cab-height better than a 4 inch rise. And having Line-x put on it makes it sort of like the 1970's K5 Blazer tops. I might do that to mine 

I went with Lakeland Predator. I found them to be better quality than any other option in my area. Now the install... I had to rewire everything they added to the truck. I'm not a fan of scotchloks. I have added lighting and rod holders, hindsight I would have paid for the factory domelight but overall couldn't be happier. 

20200714_182320.jpg

20200714_131313.jpg