so, i need help... yesterday i was packing to drive from Idaho to Colorado for work, i got in my truck and started driving (07 lbz crew cab) before i got out of town, i heard a clicking/ clunking noise upon acceleration. i stopped at the local sip and bought a new rear u-joint., just in case it went out on the way to Colorado. on my way here i could feel everything vibrating and still hear the noise. today me and my coworker went to look at it and he noticed my slip yolk was sliding in and out violently. Is it worn splines, isn't there a stop ring in there?. I'm so confused. Please help

I'm at work now but what i noticed was i could see where it was and it was sticking out about 3 inches nothing fell apart , its just making that noise. As i put it in drive it would slide in and out and turn in a popping motion.

Rob wanted to know if you had a 2 piece drive shaft. If so you have a hanger bearing support approx. midway. If it is torn then the driveline is shifting back and forth much more than intended

Is the slip yoke issue that is on the 1500's the same as on the 2500's? If so then try pulling out the yoke and greasing it up. I understand what your saying that it is moving in and out but unless your engine mounts are shot and the rear axle is shifting I don't see how it can more more than it is supposed to. With the 1500's you got a clunk when taking off and the fix was to pull the slip yoke and grease the splines.

Govtech 4, should we tell him about putting a racquet ball inside to take up the play before putting on the yoke........

The Red one.. if you play racquet ball you will know it.

txab, do not take me too seriously, I like rob's comment so I had to add something too....

Thanks black02silverado I'm not too familiar with my truck so any advice really helps. I appreciate all the advice everyone and I'm sorry I'm pretty much speaking gibberish, just confused

Archived