What Issues do you have?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

I have been in the vibration forums for a couple months now and have decided to make a new thread dedicated specifically to the Class Action Suit that I have been working with a lawfirm in Boston. Over the course of the last month, the firm has been actively investigating the issues many of us are seeing in our vehicles. Let me be a little more specific, They have hired outside investigators who are working with the top level partners at the firm to actively research, test, and and inspect the trucks, looking into the Vibrations, Radio Reception, and Transmission issues. I have been sending them any and all information that I come across, that is sent to me or posted in the forums that could potentially help them.

In the mean time, I am and have been taking names, email addresses, phone numbers, trucks, locations (city & state) and if you have yet to rid yourself of the truck (trade or otherwise), and now what your issue(s) are/ were.

It doesn't matter if you have gotten rid of your truck or not, at worst we may only be able to use your case, at best, we may be able to get you some form of compensation (I can not say for sure, that is up to the attorneys to figure out, what extent that this can go)

If you would like to be added to the rapidly growing list of people who wish to be contacted please send me a PM with the information mentioned above. (please note: I can not guarantee the attorneys will contact you, however the more people who join the list, the more powerful the case, and the better off we are)

Good Luck with your trucks,

Jesse D.

------EDIT------

I decided to combine the yes and and about to send information to Jesse D. into one line item. those of you that have sent me your info or those who were in the about to category please resubmit your vote to the correct line. those of you who haven't voted but already sent me your info, please submit your vote, i would like to try to keep this as accurate as possible. I do have some names from people I have talked to who are not on the forum, so I know it will never be 100%.

Thank you

Jesse D.

Edited by Jesse D
  • Like 4

Good luck with the lawsuit but I have a feeling that there is not enough trucks exhibiting the problems you are suing over. There has been well over a million of these trucks sold now with only a small percentage having vibration, trans and radio problems. I have talked with dozens of 2014+ owners and not a one of them has a problem or regret buying their trucks.

• Like 3

Good luck with the lawsuit but I have a feeling that there is not enough trucks exhibiting the problems you are suing over. There has been well over a million of these trucks sold now with only a small percentage having vibration, trans and radio problems. I have talked with dozens of 2014+ owners and not a one of them has a problem or regret buying their trucks.

I spent $$$ to be able to drive at night but my trucks are GMC professional grade trucks with projection headlights that suck even with the upgrade (which proves they were bad).
  • Like 2

I'm not an attorney but from what I know most state lemon laws have an arbitration requirement of the manufacturer. So why sue when you can get a no cost resolution to your problem and much quicker than a lawsuit. Cash back or a replacement! Worked for me.

• Like 4

OK, what has that got to do with vibration, radio, and tranny problems?

I forgot to mention the radio is trash. Make no mistake, I bought the trucks,so I guess it's on me! Edited by WLC

I'm not an attorney but from what I know most state lemon laws have an arbitration requirement of the manufacturer. So why sue when you can get a no cost resolution to your problem and much quicker than a lawsuit. Cash back or a replacement! Worked for me.

there are a number of reasons:

1) I've had my truck in 2x and they have stated "normal operation" even after admitting I have radio issues and vibrations. They have and are continuing to refuse to do any more work to try to resolve the problems. because of this, I can't reach the number of required repair attempts to submit a lemon law case

-- others are seeing similar scenarios

2) Even if I could submit a Lemon Law case, they don't cover accessories over that of the MSRP, so I personally would lose over $10,000 doing that, many people would end up losing some money because of that as well

3) Even with the "Replacement" truck people are still having to pay dealer fees, excise tax, financing fees etc. all over again

4) Many people have just gone an traded in their truck at a loss greater than that which would be expected, I'll use myself as an example, My truck with all of its option, accessories, and extended warranty package is worth roughly $59,000 deducting $7,000 for incentives, and another $7,000 for a full years worth of depreciation (even though my truck was less than a month old when I got the offers that i ended up refusing) means I should have been offered roughly $44,000 $45,000. The dealers were aware of all of the different issues GM is having and even asked me which one bothered me the most, and they subsequently offered me $30,000 and $32,000. Again, I declined the trade offers, but I'm not taking a $12,000- $15,000 loss because GM can't get their shit together, and neither should anyone else.

5) For me personally, being in Massachusetts, Lemon Law is made difficult by GM because they use a huge multinational lawfirm with thousands of attorneys. the few lemon law attorneys I spoke to, didn't even want to bother taking it even if I could hit the number of required repair attempts, I'm guessing some other people found the same

6) there are many people out there who have the problems and are not on the forums. I have talked to dozens of people and it seems like its about 50/50 for having one of the issues, some not even realizing that they were considered issues. others who didn't know how or if they could deal with the situation.

--I wan't to help as many people as I possibly can with this

7) If enough people filed suit for this, it would automatically become a Class Action anyway, so it would be better to just get the ball rolling in that manner from the start, rather than wast time and money doing individual suits that would eventually become the "class" anyway

8) With a Class Action being a "Contingent" based suit, nobody has to make any out of pocket expenses fighting "breach or warranty" or "lemon law" claims to get any of this started. In addition, what lawfirm would take a contingent case expecting to lose? they only get paid if we win, so if they take it, you can expect that it is a very strong case

9) Many of the replacement vehicles people are getting have some form of vibration like their old truck, and in the mean time, they are having to drive 10+ truck to find one that is remotely smooth (re: vibration)

Edited by Jesse D
  • Like 2

Some of us are not fortunate enough to have that opportunity.

We have dealerships that either refuse to acknowledge or consider the problem operating as normal.

A class action suit will also put the issue right between future customers and GM. Right now the issue has no / little attention at the customer and dealer level. It is all about protecting the brand.. GM wants to protect the brand, they protect the brand by buybacks and denials.

A class action suit can possibly pull many more people into the fray wants it becomes public knowledge. It will also protect those owners who bought the vehicle you sold back to GM.

• Like 1

I see some valid issues, the main one being AM accessories, not a problem for me because I opted for a replacement.. Most of the others don't matter to the owner and your dealer is a non issue. All you do is give the dealer 3 chances to fix and GM gets one chance. If the dealer refuses you then that likely voids that requirement, or just document 3 trips to the dealer.

File with the BBB and then let GM have their shot at a fix. GM may try to bluff you but will cave quickly if it's a known issue like the vibration. Worst case, BBB sets up an independent arbitrator to review your claim and hold a hearing. This process is slanted toward the buyer not GM-if you have a real issue. You elect cash or replacement. There are no costs to you on a replacement except you pay the difference between MSRP old to MSRP new vehicle. GM wants you to take a vehicle out of stock but you can insist on ordering one as I did and wait for a 2016. It's not that tough a process and I would do it again unless I was opting for cash and had a big investment in accessories.

• Like 5

Forgot to mention-Class Actions can take years and there is no guarantee that you will be better off. The fact that there is an arbitration process and several different issues (vibration, transmission, etc) won't make it go faster. By the time the class action is over you will be past the normal time for a Lemon Law claim. GM will drag out a class action so that when it's settled it will be old news.

There was no useage fee on my 2 year old truck for a replacement. Some states have no useage fee on cash buy backs, California for one. In my state the cash deal was reduced by mileage at BBB filing/120,000 X MSRP. I was dead set on changing brands until I spent 6 weeks driving and looking at other brand issues. So I declined the cash offer because the replacement deal was so much better. The grass isn't always greener.

For those with a loan check with your lender on a "substitution of collateral". You might be able to get a replacement and keep your loan in place.

Edited by Ron.s
  • Like 1

I see some valid issues, the main one being AM accessories, not a problem for me because I opted for a replacement.. Most of the others don't matter to the owner and your dealer is a non issue. All you do is give the dealer 3 chances to fix and GM gets one chance. If the dealer refuses you then that likely voids that requirement, or just document 3 trips to the dealer.

File with the BBB and then let GM have their shot at a fix. GM may try to bluff you but will cave quickly if it's a known issue like the vibration. Worst case, BBB sets up an independent arbitrator to review your claim and hold a hearing. This process is slanted toward the buyer not GM-if you have a real issue. You elect cash or replacement. There are no costs to you on a replacement except you pay the difference between MSRP old to MSRP new vehicle. GM wants you to take a vehicle out of stock but you can insist on ordering one as I did and wait for a 2016. It's not that tough a process and I would do it again unless I was opting for cash and had a big investment in accessories.

I do know that they don't have to honor AFTER MARKET ACCESSORIES, AFTER MARKET being the key, my accessories are not after market, they are GM Factory accessories that were added by the dealer and sold to me as part of the truck. GM bases the buy back on the original stick, not what anyone else does to it, dealers included.

As far as the MSRP to MSRP not costing anything, that is just fundamentally untrue, in the majority of states there is a usage fee based upon the mileage driven, secondly to use BDKFL from one of the vibration threads, they couldn't get a transfer of collateral so their interest rate changed, they had to re pay the doc and financing fees, and because you now have a new vehicle again, your excise tax goes back up, and remains up again because the vehicle is worth more now.

No matter how you look at it, it's costing you money one way or another

Forgot to mention-Class Actions can take years and there is no guarantee that you will be better off. The fact that there is an arbitration process and several different issues (vibration, transmission, etc) won't make it go faster. By the time the class action is over you will be past the normal time for a Lemon Law claim. GM will drag out a class action so that when it's settled it will be old news.

There was no useage fee on my 2 year old truck for a replacement. Some states have no useage fee on cash buy backs, California for one. In my state the cash deal was reduced by mileage at BBB filing/120,000 X MSRP. I was dead set on changing brands until I spent 6 weeks driving and looking at other brand issues. So I declined the cash offer because the replacement deal was so much better. The grass isn't always greener.

For those with a loan check with your lender on a "substitution of collateral". You might be able to get a replacement and keep your loan in place.

Yes this is absolutely true, Law suits take time, that is an absolute given, but for many people, myself included, it is the only option as GM refuses to do any more work to get to the third repair attempt to reach the lemon law. yes you could file a breach or warranty claim, but then you have to pay attorneys out of pocket where as with a class action, you don't have to.

see above for substitution of collateral not always working

Some of us are not fortunate enough to have that opportunity.

We have dealerships that either refuse to acknowledge or consider the problem operating as normal.

A class action suit will also put the issue right between future customers and GM. Right now the issue has no / little attention at the customer and dealer level. It is all about protecting the brand.. GM wants to protect the brand, they protect the brand by buybacks and denials.

A class action suit can possibly pull many more people into the fray wants it becomes public knowledge. It will also protect those owners who bought the vehicle you sold back to GM.

This is exactly why I am working toward this, new customers don't know about the problems, and GM is outright refusing to do anything for many of us on our trucks. Once this really takes off, I suspect GM will be pretty quick to either start repairing or replacing vehicles all together. This isn't going to be something that a few hundred thousand or even a few million dollars will take care of. There are way too many vehicles out there with issues that need addressing.

• Like 2

Thanks Jesse D ;)

This will not effect me as I've settled with GM, then bought a Ram.

I will help anyone I can on this issue as I truely believe there are more out there

and GM should not get a pass on this especially after the American people had to bail

them out because of their poor business ethics and products.

• Like 3

I always go back to my friend Mike. Mike is retired and has purchased his most likely last truck. Mike is annoyed that his truck vibrates, so he returns to the dealership several times only to have tires rebalanced because that is

A. what the dealerships are being told to do

B. the dealerships do not have a tangible solution from their overlords at GM (TSB,Recall)

C. the service department does not get paid to do research and testing on vehicles

D. the service department does not want to do research and testing on vehicles because they are buried with the multiple recalls across several GM platforms

Maybe the balance thing works for a short time and Mike believes that it is just shit tires. Mike will keep coming back to have the tires balanced out each month until the dealership stops doing it for free, Mike does not want to spend $800 on new tires and ultimately find out that it may not be the tires.

Mike, lives with it and bitches all the time about it. Mike has no idea there are other people experiencing this same issue because he does not use the internet or run in with similar vehicles.

I was told flat out that my steering wheel vibration is normal (after service manager drove it) and that GM does not have a fix for it. Two weeks later my front tire was determined by road force to be two ounces out on weight.

Point being: They already had their excuse ready, they would not even put it on the balance machine. I was basically told to find another dealership that may be able to help, so I went and asked other dealers and they know some of their customers are having issues. But there is no fix from GM!

• Like 2

I always go back to my friend Mike. Mike is retired and has purchased his most likely last truck. Mike is annoyed that his truck vibrates, so he returns to the dealership several times only to have tires rebalanced because that is

A. what the dealerships are being told to do

B. the dealerships do not have a tangible solution from their overlords at GM (TSB,Recall)

C. the service department does not get paid to do research and testing on vehicles

D. the service department does not want to do research and testing on vehicles because they are buried with the multiple recalls across several GM platforms

Maybe the balance thing works for a short time and Mike believes that it is just shit tires. Mike will keep coming back to have the tires balanced out each month until the dealership stops doing it for free, Mike does not want to spend $800 on new tires and ultimately find out that it may not be the tires.

Mike, lives with it and bitches all the time about it. Mike has no idea there are other people experiencing this same issue because he does not use the internet or run in with similar vehicles.

I was told flat out that my steering wheel vibration is normal (after service manager drove it) and that GM does not have a fix for it. Two weeks later my front tire was determined by road force to be two ounces out on weight.

Point being: They already had their excuse ready, they would not even put it on the balance machine. I was basically told to find another dealership that may be able to help, so I went and asked other dealers and they know some of their customers are having issues. But there is no fix from GM!

exactly, which is why we are where we are today

• Like 1

Next time you talk to someone, ask them what they drove before, how old it was and wheather they drive high way speeds or not... I had a 10 year old Avalanche and my New Truck Drives a lot better and feels so NEW! So folks may feel the occasional Vibration and chalk it up to a bad Patch of Road Like I did... It was 2 months before I drove High Way Speeds and noticed the Vibration and came to this site...

Edited by Mcarlo24
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2